Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Controversy comments on Karthika Deepam Season 2 - Shobha Shetty

Views: 947  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 01-26-2023, 12:37 PM

Default Controversy comments on Karthika Deepam Season 2 - Shobha Shetty

Shobha Shetty has created a lasting impact as Monitha in Karthika Deepam. Every Karthika Deepam fan can't resist cursing her at least once in these five odd years ever since the show premiered. The actress, who was initially rejected the role, lived the character like none. As the show concluded on Monday dropping enough hints about a possible sequel, ETimes TV got Shobha talking about the show, her journey as Monitha, possibility of a sequel and more. Excerpts... readmore

All I can say is anything can happen

Many have been asking me the same but we don't know if there is a sequel. I'm hearing a lot of things but I don't have anything official that I can share with you now. I hope the audiences have liked the climax. All I can say is anything can happen. If Deepa and Karthik, who met with an accident and Monitha, who went to prison, can come back, why can't something like that happen yet again?(Photo: Instagram)

I used to perform very reluctantly initially

Everybody knew that I rejected the role of Monitha when I was offered. I took my time to get under the skin of my character. Initially, I used to perform very reluctantly. Once the show and the characters got some recognition, I understood the potential of the show and my character. Today, I should tell you this. I would have regretted a lot in life as an actor, had I not played the role of Monitha.(Photo: Instagram)

My role was elaborated only because of the love of Telugu audiences

Honestly, unlike the Malayalam original of Karthika Deepam, my character of Monitha was elaborated and well-written; all thanks to the tremendous reception of the Telugu audiences. I'm forever grateful to the audience who have given a special place to Karthika Deepam and Monitha in their hearts. I know there are many who curse Monitha for all the havoc she wrecked upon Karthik and Deepa, but it is their love for the show and character that motivated me to get better with my performance. (Photo: Instagram)

Monitha is impossible but she was a true lover

Monitha is impossible but she was a true lover. You don't get to find characters like her in real life. I love the same about playing Monitha but her cold-hearted nature is something I don't like about her. Especially, I enjoyed performing the phase of Monitha's pregnancy. No matter how bad her intentions and deeds were, she is a mother at the end of the day and her feelings were pure. We've even shot a few sequences of Monitha dreaming about spending quality time with Karthik. I loved the way the scenes were conceived and shot. I've even called the writing team and appreciated them back then. (Photo: Instagram)

Unlike the usual villains, Monitha was never over-dressed

If you notice, unlike the usual villains in daily soaps, Monitha was never over-dressed. Her outfits, hairdo, make up, everything was simple, subtle, traditional and on point. We've always ensured our appearances are in sync with the narrative and soul of the show. Many have complimented me for the same and even enquired about my shopping. (Photo: Instagram)

Monitha had a huge impact on my mom too

Monitha had such an impact on my mother that whenever I shouted at her for something, she used to be like, "Why are you behaving like Monitha for no reason. Maybe it's the effect of playing her for so long. Get off her (Monitha) now (laughs)." (Photo: Instagram)

First reactions about the show's conclusion

I must admit that a section of the audience weren't happy with the way the show progressed lately. Even my mother used to ask me where the show is headed to. When I first told her about the show's ending, she welcomed the decision calling it a 'wise move'. (Photo: Instagram)

I would try Deepa this time

I know none can imagine any one else other than us to play our respective roles but I would love to try playing Deepa this time (laughs). It would be a risk worth attempting at least. (Photo: Instagram)

If I were the writer of Karthika Deepam 2

Well, if I were the writer of the sequel, I would bring back the same characters but it will be pay back time for Karthik. I'll make Karthik come after Monitha for she has invested a lifetime in him in the first part (laughs). (Photo: Instagram)

About future projects

After doing a character like Monitha, I can't help being picky about my roles now. I've been offered a few shows but I want to take my time and come up with something better or promising at least. (Photo: Instagram)

Tags
Karthika Deepam, photos, Shobha Shetty, telugu, Telugu TV Stars

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->