Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Participants/Contestants/Photos: Swayamvar Season 3 - Ratan Ka Rishta

Views: 10167  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 04-22-2011, 10:10 AM

Default Participants/Contestants/Photos: Swayamvar Season 3 - Ratan Ka Rishta

Participants/Contestants/Photos/Videos/Eliminations/OUT: Swayamvar Season 3 - Ratan Ka Rishta

Ratan Rajput is an Indian actress best known for her lead roles in the Indian soap Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo as Laali, a poor village girl, who was sold by her parents.[1] In the Indian television soap Radhaa Ki Betiyaan Kuch Kar Dikhayengi she played Ruchi Sharma, one of three daughters who are forced to start a new life in Mumbai. She belongs to Patna and came to Mumbai to roam in the city. She had been called by a director and she had an audition and was selected for the new serial. She comes with actor Abhishek Rawat, who is close friends with Ratan Rajput.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:10 AM

Old 04-22-2011, 10:11 AM

Ratan Rajput talks on her Swayamvar on the national channel...

Swayamvar Season 3 is back with a bang and this time it's none other than our Bitiya of small screen Ratan Rajput fondly known as Laali, on board as the Dulhan. But Ratan promises to be Ratan in front of her audience and not in any character. Unlike the other biggies, Ratan seemed genuine about her marriage, in a talk with the press. Rakhi Sawant and Rahul Mahajan succeeded in grabbing good TRPs with their controversies but they eventually found their relationship undergoing a friction. Ratan is getting a golden opportunity to select her own dream boy and while talking she expressed her views, beliefs and most importantly her choice to TellyBuzz.

What made you to take up Swayamvar on National Television?
Actually it was a surprise for me when Imagine TV put forward the proposal of doing Swayamvar season 3 with me. I was so taken aback that i first looked into the mirror and asked myself if it is possible to have my Swayamvar on a national channel. I did a brainstorming session with myself and I knew that I have to get married one day and hence i thought why not now.Further I discussed everything with my family about the Swayamvar and later on I given a nod to the channel.
I always had a dream to get married since childhood and whenever my friends ask me what I want to do in future, i used to reply that I want to get married. Frankly speaking I was not very career oriented and since I basically belong to theater, I never thought to be a television actress. So marriage was in my mind since many years and today I got a chance to do it on a national TV.

The news of your Swayamvar shocked your fans; what would you like to say to them?
I know my fans care for me. Since the previous two seasons have not made a good remark on them, they are really worried and that's the reason they reacted emotionally. I would like to make it clear that Swayamvar or marriage is not one sided as it involves two people and hence it mutual involvement from both the side. Even if I like a guy, it's not always necessary that he too should have the same feeling towards me. So I think before Swayamvar we should all be positive about everything.

The first two swayamvars with Rakhi and Rahul were controversial, why did you opt to be the 3rd name in the list?
Truly speaking I have not watched any of the previous episodes of Swayamvar and I am unaware of what happened in those seasons. Being a daily soap actress, i think it is a disadvantage that i have. But I can assure that this will be my Swayamvar, Ratan Rajput's Swayamvar, which the audience will witness.

Are you not afraid of your name getting trashed or image being ruined, by doing a Swayamvar?
I think everyone has their own Image and personality and I am a typical 'aam insaan' (Common person), who is not afraid of anything. If you are genuine, your audience will be with you.

Agle Janam has provided you with a good girl image of Laali. Does it mean that you want to get over with this image?
Agle Janam has given me everything and the reason why I am seated here is all because of Laali and the love which the audience has given me throughout the show. And I don't want to get over my character but here everyone will get to see Ratan Rajput and not any other character of any show.

Do you think you are ready for marriage now? Will that put a break to your career?
I had already said that its been my dream to get married since childhood and I am perfectly ready to get married. But I don't think it will put a break to my career.

We heard about your relationship with Vikas Gupta, is it true?
If I had fallen in love, I don't think I would be standing here in front of you for my Swayamvar, and that's my answer to all your questions. I have never fallen in love before.

Will your family indulge in taking decisions of your marriage?
Yes, of course. Most of the decisions in the Swayamvar will be taken by my family and friends.

Do you believe in Swayamvar? What are the pros and cons?
I would say Swayamvar is the one golden chance which rarely any girl gets in this era to decide on her marriage, and I feel very lucky to be the one. In history Sita had her decision on her Swayamvar and likewise today I have mine. Pros and cons are something which depend on the person and how you handle the different situations which come across.

Do you really want to get married or will history repeat? If you don't get your dream boy in the Swayamvar, will you compromise?
Please be positive before saying anything as I really want to get married here. (Smiles) no I wont compromise if i don't get a perfect match for me. The channel is trying hard to find out those few who can match me perfectly.

Is it the huge money that made you accept this offer? We heard about you being paid 5 crore for this venture?
No not at all and money is not that made me accept this show. Actually I have seen my dad struggling for my 4 sisters' marriage and when this offer came to me I thought that my parents could take a sigh of relief as everything will be done by Imagine TV.

Have you taken permission from Swastik before taking up this show?
Everything is planned properly and yes, Zee TV is also my family and I have taken their consent too.

What qualities you want in your dream man?
Firstly he should be responsible, caring, a good person as I am very kiddish who forgets everything to keep things in place. And the most important is, I want him to be independent and not dependent on anything or anyone. And last but not the least he should be fond of bottle gourd.

So guys Ratan is all set to get married on a national channel are you ready to witness it?
Old 04-22-2011, 10:11 AM

Mona Singh will enter as a friend to Ratan and will help her in groom hunt in Imagine's upcoming show, Swayamvar Season 3 - Ratan Ka Rishta

The shooting for Imagine TV's, Swayamvar Season 3 - Ratan Ka Rishta is already on floors and is going in full swing in the beautiful city of Jaipur.

Gracing this occasion of groom hunt will be none other than Mona Singh, who was last seen as a host of Shaadi Teen Crore Ki. Mona will enter as Ratan's friend and will help her in finding her groom.

has already reported that Dolly Bindra will be present as a celebrity guest of the show and Hiten Tejwani will be the new host for this season.

We contacted Mona Singh who confirmed the news "Yes I will be going to Jaipur, but nothing is confirmed about when I will leave."

Ratan Ka Rishta is slated to go on air in the first week of June.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:12 AM

Sudesh Berry and Sushmita Mukherjee to make an appearance in Imagine's Swayamvar Season 3 - Ratan Ka Rishta

Ratan Rajput, the bride in the making, got a pleasant surprise recently when Loha Singh and Gangiya, her co-actors from her successful show on Zee TV, Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo, made an appearance on the sets of the Imagine show Swayamvar Season 3 - Ratan Ka Rishta.

Our source states, "Veteran actors Sudesh Berry and Sushmita Mukherjee who played the popular roles in the Zee show shot with Ratan and helped her out in selecting her suitor. It was a great family reunion for Laali, Gangiya and Loha and they were at their spirited best".

We also hear that Ratan's tale of fatigue continues even now. The fragile looking Ratan we hear, fainted on the sets recently while shooting for her show.

With Dolly Bindra, Mona Singh having shot for the show already, the celebrity list to grace Ratan Ka Rishta is surely on the rise.

We tried contacting Sudesh Berry, but he remained unavailable.

Sushmita Mukherjee told us, "We are not supposed to talk about this".

Well, keep watching this space for more on Ratan's Swayamvar .

Tags
rakhi ka swayamvar, swayamvar – ratan ka rishta

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->