Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Top TV headlines of the week

Views: 1923  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 2.00 average.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 05-28-2021, 01:15 PM

Default Top TV headlines of the week

Top TV headlines of the week:
  1. Appeal for Yuvika Chaudhary's arrest
  2. Mona Singh returns to TV after 5 years
  3. Kishwer Merchant on casting couch in the industry
  4. Geeta Kapur opens up about her mother's demise
  5. Erica Fernandes on refusing web series
  6. Sreejita De on her marriage with boyfriend Michael BP
  7. Aditya Narayan's apology for the 'Alibaug' comment
  8. Asim Riaz on his relationship with Himanshi Khurana
  9. Sonu Sood praises Gurmeet Choudhary
  10. Mika Singh and Rakhi Sawant hug and make up
  11. Charu Asopa and Rajeev Sen are pregnant
  12. Abhijeet Sawant on Indian Idol 12 controversy
  13. Shaadi Mubarak goes off air

Appeal for Yuvika Chaudhary's arrest

Yuvika Chaudhary had used the word 'bhangi' in one of the videos she posted on social media. This hurt the sentiments of a particular community and #ArrestYuvikaChaudhary started trending on social media. Yuvika issued an apology and said, "I used the word not knowing the exact meaning of it. I said it more in fun and soon this started trending on Twitter. I immediately apologised, but by the time I did that, it had already been picked up across social media. It was not intentional; I didn't mean to hurt anyone. And one can see in the video too that I didn’t say it seriously. This is the first time I got trolled like this. I don’t even engage in things like these which may take a wrong turn. But there are times when one doesn’t realise and ends up saying something."

Mona Singh returns to TV after 5 years

Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin actress Mona Singh is returning to the TV after 5 years. The actress will return as a host along with Ravi Kishen of the crime show Mauka-E-Vardaat 2. These will be episodic and each story apparently will have a woman protagonist, who will play an instrumental role in unraveling the mystery. Confirming the news about her return, Mona told BT, "Yes, it is true, I will be a part of Mauka-E-Vardaat. Crime genre has always intrigued me and It is an exciting project and we are still in the process of working out the complete details."

Kishwer Merchant on casting couch in the industry

Kishwer Merchant opened up about the casting couch prevalent in the industry. She spoke about experiencing it personally and told ETimes TV in our TellyStars Talk that she was once asked by a producer to sleep with a big hero. Kishwer said, "It happened with me when I had gone for a meeting- but just once. My mother was accompanying me. I was told that I'll have to sleep with the hero. I politely turned down the offer and we left. I wouldn't say ki ye bahut hota hai or it's a normal thing. Industry badnaam hai lekin har industry mein ye cheez hoti hai."

Geeta Kapur opens up about her mother's demise

Super Dancer judge Geeta Kapur lost her mother in January 2021. The choreographer has opened up about her mother's demise and the irreplaceable void to BT. Geeta said, "I am still recovering though the void is always going to be there and never going to be filled. It is not true that strong people heal fast. I think this is not going to heal so easily though I was prepared for it since 2019 when my mom fell ill. I feel really blessed that doctors had given my mother three days to live in 2019 but God gave me one and a half years to live with her. It gave me a good amount of time for me to do everything in my power for my mother to keep that motor of life running. I knew it was going to happen, but it happened very suddenly. She was coming home that day and she had a cardiac arrest and a respiratory attack together; it all happened very quickly. It took time to sink in and it will take time to heal. I have a great number of friends. My friends stayed with me for a couple of months. I was constantly surrounded by friends, family and Farah (Khan) ma’am who took care of me like a family. It has been a great learning experience for me. The universal hand on me has taken care of me in these difficult times. The shooting of Super Dancer 4 happened soon after my mother's demise. I agreed to be back because of my loyalties towards the show but the only request I had with them was that this (mother's demise) should not be made into a content at any cost. And they have been very gracious and we have not spoken about it in any of the episodes."

Erica Fernandes on refusing web series

Erica Fernandes is a huge name in the television industry and has been offered web series but the actress has turned down the offer because it required her to do bold scenes. Speaking about the same, she told ETimes TV, "I am not comfortable doing bold shows and content and I am quite open about it. I have been offered quite a few shows until now. There have been shows that came my way and had bold content and I have said no to them because sometimes I feel they are forcefully added to the show to sell. And I need logic to whatever I am doing and whatever is happening in the show. If it is genuinely required then that is a different thing and I might have to mentally prepare for it. That is a very different thing altogether. But first I need to know why it is required in the show. So if no one is able to give me that answer then I don’t think I will ever do it."

Sreejita De on her marriage with boyfriend Michael BP

Uttaran actress Sreejita De has been in a relationship with Germany-based boyfriend Michael BP for two years. The couple's wedding has been postponed due to the pandemic. In an interview with ETimes TV, Sreejita said that they are eyeing next year for their marriage. "We have to now take a decision at the soonest and what I can think of right now is that the marriage will happen only next year. Early next year or maybe summer next year, I am just keeping my fingers crossed. I hope the situation gets better and everybody can be around us," said the actress.

Aditya Narayan's apology for the 'Alibaug' comment

During one of the episodes of Indian Idol 12, the show's host Aditya Narayan asked contestant Sawai Bhatt if he thinks he had come from Alibaug. As per reports, the Raj Thackrey led Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) demanded an apology from the makers. Moreover, the party had also warned the show and channel of action against them, if they failed to issue an apology on national television. Taking to his social media account, Aditya Narayan apologised to everyone. He said, "With a humble heart and folded hands I want to apologise to the people of Alibaug and everyone who has been hurt by my sentence on a recent episode of Indian Idol that I’m currently hosting. The intention was never to hurt anyone. I have immense love and respect for Alibaug. My own sentiments are connected with the place, it's people and this soil."

Asim Riaz on his relationship with Himanshi Khurana

Rumours about troubles between Asim Riaz and Himanshi Khurana's relationship often keeps cropping up. However, in an exclusive interview with BT, Asim said that they are in a good space. "Rumours toh rumours hi hote hain. Internet ki duniya aisi ho gayi hai ki wahaan roz kisi na kisi ke oopar sawaal ya judgment hota hai. Aur woh judgment jitni negative hoti hai woh utni popular hoti hai. Himanshi and I are in a very good place. We motivate each other.Clear wohi karta hai jo galat hota hai. Woh negative logon ka ek group hai, unko kyu clear karna hai. I rarely open the comment box on my posts. Usme itna kuchh bhara hua hota hai ki it can affect you. I don’t take social media seriously or else I will end up fighting with my loved ones every day!"

Sonu Sood praises Gurmeet Choudhary

Sonu Sood acknowledged the great work done by actor Gurmeet Choudhary who has been relentlessly helping the people affected by COVID-19. Gurmeet and Sonu have both shared screen space together. The actor took to social media and praised him. Sonu wrote, “So proud of my brother @gurruchoudhary for all the good work you have been doing. Keep bringing smiles.” Gurmeet replied to his tweet saying, “You are an inspiration to many including me!! Keep inspiring.”

Mika Singh and Rakhi Sawant hug and make up

Mika Singh happened to pass by the coffee joint that Rakhi Sawant visits regularly. He saw her and stopped by and they exchanged pleasantries. Rakhi praised Mika for the songs he sung in Salman Khan's film. Mika told Rakhi that Bigg Boss 14 was a hit only because of her. Rakhi was touched with this gesture and went down to touch his feet. However, they hugged each other and let the bygones be bygones.

Charu Asopa and Rajeev Sen are pregnant

Mere Angne Mein actress Charu Asopa is expecting her first child with husband Rajeev Sen. Sharing her excitement about embracing parenthood, Charu told ETimes TV, "I was shivering when I saw those two pink lines. For sometime I was completely clueless what to do and I was sitting inside for 15-20 minutes in the bathroom. Then I went out and informed Rajeev and even he was clueless and had mixed feelings. And it was quite late at night when we discovered it, so we were confused if we should inform the family at night or in the morning. But ultimately we couldn’t control and informed the family on video calls. Everyone was shocked, surprised, excited, happy, I wish I could have recorded the reactions." The actress also shared that her baby due is around sister-in-law Sushmita Sen's birthday.

Abhijeet Sawant on Indian Idol 12 controversy

Abhijeet Sawant is the first winner of the singing reality show Indian Idol. The singer opened up about the controversies surrounding the show, especially the episode where the legendary Kishore Kumar's son Amit Kumar had made his appearance. Abhijeet said that it wasn't fair to compare the newcomers with Kishore da. He told ETimes TV, "With social media now people are coming out and speaking their mind and saying that they don’t want to watch emotional stories and it’s the best thing to happen. Eventually, the makers of the show will have to concentrate on music now. I also want to add about the recent Kishore Kumar controversy. The audience needs to understand that he was a legendary singer and it is impossible for a newcomer to match his talent. We can’t compare the new singers with him and there shouldn’t be a comparison. These kids are talented and they are doing a fabulous jobs but it’s not right for a beginner to be a legendary singer. They have just started their careers. It is unfair to make such comments and ridicule them. And even if the singing goes a little here and there it’s fine because that is live singing and they are new singers. I don’t think people should blame the newcomers."

Shaadi Mubarak goes off air

Shaadi Mubarak had a very conventional storyline but due to the pandemic and lockdown-like restrictions in Mumbai, the show had to be s****ped. Speaking about it, the show's actress Rati Pandey had said, "I had always hoped that Shaadi Mubarak would be back on air. TRP wise also we were not very bad. We were loved by the fans. We had a lot in store for the viewers as far as the storyline goes, so yes, it came as a shock to me when the decision to pull the show off air was taken. But I respect the production house's and the channel's decision to end the show. Having said that, I just wish Shaadi Mubarak had a proper ending rather than an abrupt one. In my career of 16 years, none of my shows have ended in such a way, so in that sense I am still shocked!" Manav Gohil, who played the male lead also expressed his disappointment. He had said, "I have been around for around two decades now. So I completely empathize with the producers and the channel and understand their decision to end Shaadi Mubarak. At the end of the day no one wanted the show to go off air like this. One thing I know is that the channel never wanted to end the show in the first place as they loved the show. Also, if they were to shift to any of their subsidiary channel, I am not sure how the commercials would have worked between the producers and the channel. When I got a call about the decision on Friday morning, I said to myself let's take one day at a time. It is unfortunate but one has to move on."

Tags
Abhijeet Sawant, Abhijeet Sawant on Indian Idol 12 controversy, Aditya Narayan, Aditya Narayan's apology for the 'Alibaug' comment, Alibaug, Appeal for Yuvika Chaudhary's arrest, Asim Riaz, Asim Riaz on his relationship with Himanshi Khurana, Charu Asopa, Charu Asopa and Rajeev Sen are pregnant, controversy, erica fernandes, Erica Fernandes on refusing web series, geeta kapur, Geeta Kapur opens up about her mother's demise, gurmeet choudhary, Himanshi Khurana, Indian Idol 12, Kishwer Merchant, Kishwer Merchant on casting couch in the industry, mika singh, Mika Singh and Rakhi Sawant hug and make up, mona singh, Mona Singh returns to TV after 5 years, Rajeev Sen, rakhi sawant, Shaadi Mubarak, Shaadi Mubarak goes off air, Sonu Sood, Sonu Sood praises Gurmeet Choudhary, Sreejita De Michael BP, Sreejita De on her marriage with boyfriend Michael BP, Top TV headlines of the week, Yuvika Chaudhary

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->