Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Senior TV Actors Asked NOT TO COME to Shooting due to Covid wave 2

Views: 1034  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 2.00 average.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 04-27-2021, 12:47 PM

Default Senior TV Actors Asked NOT TO COME to Shooting due to Covid wave 2

Exclusive! As TV shoots relocate to other cities, senior actors stay back in Mumbai

(Annjjan Srivastava, Bharti Achrekar, Arvind Vaidya with Rupali Ganguly and Paras Kalnawat, Anupam Shyam, Himani Shivpuri, Swati Chitnis and Ghanshyam Nayak)

What happened
Last year, even after shoots were allowed to resume, the government guidelines had barred senior actors above 65 years from shooting due to COVID-19. Later, when things got better, the dadi-dadas and nana-nanis joined the shows. However, now with the surge in cases and the recent stalling of shoots in Maharashtra, after which TV shows have shifted base to other cities, senior actors will again go missing from daily soaps. Production houses feel it’s safer not to have them travel to different locations in the current scenario. Hence, storylines are being tweaked to justify their absence for now. The actors are naturally unhappy, but they understand that it is in their interest.

‘Miss being on the show, hope things get better soon’
Senior Wagles, Annjjan Srivastava and Bharti Achrekar from Wagle Ki Duniya — Nayi Peedhi Naye Kissey, are not travelling to Silvassa, where the shooting is currently taking place. Srivastava says,
Quote:
“I am eager to get back on the sets, but what can we do? Many crew members had tested positive earlier, and though they have tested negative now, I feel it is better to wait till the situation improves.” Ghanshyam Nayak, aka Natukaka of Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah, says, “I miss being on the show, and I hope that they start my track as soon as things improve. But the situation is scary, and I can understand why they are delaying my entry.”

‘Won’t shoot in the current scenario, health comes first’ Some actors themselves have chosen to stay away. Like theatre and TV actor Arvind Vaidya, who’s a part of Anupamaa, has informed the production house that he will not shoot for the show till the COVID situation improves and the production house has also supported his decision. He says,
Quote:
“Many people from the team tested positive a few weeks ago. Since I had tested negative, I continued shooting for a while. I have to look after my health, so I informed the production house that I won’t be able to shoot. Sometime later, after the state government imposed restrictions, the shoot was shifted to Silvassa. I am a senior actor and if I want to continue living a healthy life, it is important that I don’t travel to another location or shoot in the current situation. I am happy that the production supported my decision.”
Anupam Shyam, who plays an important role in Mann Ki Awaaz — Pratigya 2, has also refrained from travelling to Silvassa. He says, “I have health issues and everyone is aware of it. I have to undergo dialysis and so it’s not possible for me to relocate to another city. I will resume when they come back here.”

‘Will wait and watch’
Himani Shivpuri, who is currently seen in Happu Ki Ultan Paltan, feels that it’s best to be patient in the current situation. Shivpuri, who had tested positive a few months ago, says, “It is scary to step out and relocate to a different city right now. Last year, I got COVID-19 because I continued shooting and did not want to hamper work, but this year, I will have to wait and see how things go.” Some of the senior actors, who took their first dose of vaccination, are now waiting to take the second. Swati Chitnis, who plays Kartik’s grandmother in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, says,
Quote:
“I am waiting for my second jab and if I travel outside, how will I take it? I don’t want to delay the vaccination process. I am happy that the production has supported me in this decision. I tested positive last year and I want to follow all safety protocols because of my age.”

Tags
Annjjan Srivastava, Anupam Shyam, Arvind Vaidya, Bharti Achrekar, Covid, Ghanshyam Nayak, Happu Ki Ultan Paltan, himani shivpuri, Mann Ki Awaaz, Nayi Peedhi Naye Kissey, Paras Kalnawat, Pratigya 2, Rupali Ganguly, Senior Wagles, Swati Chitnis, tv stars, Wagle Ki Duniya

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->