Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Latest US TV Headlines of the Day

Views: 2507  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 09-23-2010, 08:21 PM

Default Latest US TV Headlines of the Day

'Goodfellas' TV show in the works

A TV series based on the film Goodfellas is reportedly in the works. Warner Bros TV is in the lead position to produce the show, reports Deadline. Screenwriter Nicholas Pileggi, who wrote the original 1990 Martin Scorsese movie, is expected to pen the pilot.

Irwin Winkler, a producer of the film, is also rumoured to be involved in the TV spinoff. There is still no word on whether Scorsese will be associated with the project.

Scorsese's Goodfellas was nominated for the 'Best Picture' Oscar in 1991. Co-star Joe Pesci won the Oscar for 'Best Actor In A Supporting Role' for his performance as mobster Tommy DeVito.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:22 PM

'Glee' Murphy happy with new season.

Ryan Murphy has reportedly revealed that he is pleased with the popularity of Glee's second season.

The show creator admitted that he is "thrilled" with the positive responses to the new episodes.

Murphy said at the UK premiere of Eat Pray Love last night: "We've premiered in the US now and we've already had an indication of how popular the second series is.

"I looked at the iTunes chart this morning and five of the top ten songs are Glee songs. I think that proves the sheer popularity of the show, which I'm thrilled with."

Gwyneth Paltrow, Javier Bardem and Britney Spears are all due to appear on the programme.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:23 PM

'Glee' exec thankful for Paltrow episode.

Ryan Murphy has reportedly said that it is "amazing" that Gwyneth Paltrow will appear in an episode of Glee.

The creator of the series admitted that the actress has always been one of his "dream guests". He told BANG Showbiz: "Gwyneth Paltrow is going to come and do an episode soon, which is amazing.

"Having her come on the show is pretty much a dream come true - she's always been one of my dream guests."
Old 09-23-2010, 08:24 PM

Steven Tyler 'fell in love with Lopez'

Steven Tyler has reportedly revealed that he is a big fan of Jennifer Lopez.

The Aerosmith singer, who will be working alongside Lopez as a judge on American Idol next year, complimented the 41-year-old's acting s****s.

He told Idol host Ryan Seacrest at yesterday's judges announcement: "I watched The Back-up Plan and I fell so in love with Jennifer because I watched her eyes and how she interacted with the actor and they really put it across that they were falling in love.

"I thought that I would maybe someday soon be looking into her eyes - although not quite like that. But as most things go in my life, watch out what you dream for and they may come true, and here I am sitting next to her and it's just phenomenal."

Lopez also gave praise to Tyler during the joint interview.

She said: "I know he's an amazing rock God, I get that. I know that. But to sit and speak with him, the depth of his soul really moved me."

American Idol returns in January 2011 to Fox.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:25 PM

'The Simpsons' named top TV brand.

The Simpsons
has been named the most lucrative entertainment licence of all time, boasting global retail sales of more than $8 billion (£5bn).

In a survey of brand licensing professionals, the animated series was rated by 31% of respondents as the best property for generating sales of licensed merchandise, such as clothing, toys, games and books.

Sesame Street came in second with 26%, followed by Looney Tunes in third with 10%.

The Simpsons, which is officially the longest-running primetime comedy in TV history, has more than 400 official licences generating worldwide retail sales in excess of $8bn.

The survey - conducted for next week's Brand Licensing Europe 2010 event in London - also revealed that 20.8% of respondents rated Harry Potter as the most powerful licensed film character of all time, just edging out Star Wars hero Luke Skywalker (20.6%) and Superman (20.1%).

Some 32% of the licensing professionals felt that Twilight vampire Edward Cullen, played by British actor Robert Pattinson, was the most profitable film character of 2010, followed by Toy Story's Buzz Lightyear (27%) and Harry Potter (18%).

The Muppet Show was voted by 35% of respondents to be the TV show most likely to offer the best licensing opportunities should it be revived, ahead of Star Trek (24%) and Friends (7%).

Asked about the most valuable superhero, 33% of respondents placed Spider-Man as the biggest money-spinner, with Superman (31%) in second and Batman (29%) in third.

Despite finishing this year after six seasons, Lost was voted the TV programme with the most licensing growth potential by nearly 30% of those surveyed, ahead of The Sopranos (16%) and Baywatch (12%).

"The licensing power of film and television is phenomenal, so it's not surprising to see The Simpsons top the survey given the bold and clever nature of their licensing programme," said Jessica Blue, Brand Licensing Europe 2010 event director.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->