Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Romit on a double high

Views: 1350  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 02-16-2010, 07:13 PM

Default Romit on a double high

Romit Raaj is on cloud nine. Professionally, he has bagged a new show on Colors and personally, he is all set to tie the knot with Tina Kakkar (who he met three years ago) on March 28.

An elated Romit narrates his love story to us, “We met through a common friend three years ago, but after that we were in touch only via mails. It was after three years when I finished my show Perfect Bride, we had a general chat. Then we met each other in Pune where she stays. I was surprised to find we had many things in common. Things were moving fast but Tina is an angel.”

The couple then informed their families about their plans, “Our families met each other, it was our mutual decision to get married .My family said we should get married as soon as we can and fixed the date. I am happy and worried at this moment because two important things are taking place in my life -- my show on Colors is starting next month and my marriage. I just hope things go smooth.”

Romit has not decided his honeymoon destination as of now. “If I get at least 10 days off I will go somewhere out of the country otherwise I will prefer to go to a nice place in India itself. We have already started preparing for the wedding. Pankaj Arora who designed my costumes for Perfect Bride is designing my sherwani for the wedding.

Tina has bought her lehenga and pre-wedding clothes from Ritu Kumar. Both of us have chosen to dress in red with some silver zari work on it. On March 26, we have kept a Mata Ki Chowki, 27th will be the sangeet and then the marriage. The wedding will take place according to the Punjabi rituals, as we both are Punjabi. I have invited everyone from Ghar Ki Laxmi Betiyaan and Maayka, and many of my friends from the industry who helped me in my bad patch and stood by me.”

Is Tina aware about his past relationship? “Yes. She said, “The past is past, I am your present and will be your future. So these things do not matter’.”

All the ceremonies will take place in Pune at the Taj Hotel. Tina says, “Marriages are made in heaven. Romit is like a God’s gift to me. I knew him as an actor but I never got a chance to see any of his shows. He met me as a friend, not an actor. It is very difficult to express what actually clicked between us.”

Tina likes Romit’s down to earth nature. “Things are happening very fast but if we are firm with our decision why delay our marriage. Both of us are from Kolkata and our families gelled well with each other. I am happy about the amount of love I am receiving from Romit and his parents.”
She says his relationship with actress Shilpa Shinde doesn’t matter to her. “It will never come between us for sure.” Amen

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->