Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Indian Idol singer Deepali is an actress now

Views: 2118  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 01-15-2010, 02:06 PM
Award Winner

Default Indian Idol singer Deepali is an actress now

Remember Deepali? The Indian Idol contestant, who won many hearts with her singing and hosting, is back in news. This time, for a different reason though. She has decided to try her luck at acting. The pretty Patna girl is playing a lead role in a Bhojpuri serial called Badki Malkain. The show being aired on Mahua TV apparently has been received well.

"After Indian Idol, I was in constant touch with Gajendra Singhji for a right break. He was kind enough to approach me with this role," says Deepali. Badki Malkain is produced by Singh's Sai Baba Telefilms.

"Initially I was both pleasantly surprised and tensed. I was clueless about acting and wondered if I could pull it off and

match his expectations. But he assured me I would do it well," she says. Apparently Singh's team was looking for someone who was conversant with Bhojpuri and zeroed in on Deepali since she fitted the bill in all aspects. The story revolves around a widow called Premlata who is asked by her father- in- law to head the family and take on the reins as Badki Malkain.

Ask her how she manages to portray such a mature character at her age and she says, "I am from a joint family and have seen my mother handling all the household jobs and shoulder responsibilities. So, in a way, I am acting what I have seen my mother do in personal life." The serial is soon completing 100 episodes.

So is it goodbye to music? "Not at all, I am hosting a musical show with Abhas Joshi on DD. I will never quit music because I love music and want to have my foothold in the music industry." So will she be hosting the Indian Idol (preliminary rounds) again? "I cannot comment on that, though talks are on. By the end of this month, I should be able to tell you. But I would really like to host it again. It is a fantastic experience."

Deepali is also finishing her graduation in Mass Media and is in her second year.

Tags
deepali, indian idol

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->