Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Career Forum & Tips > Tech Forum & Tutorial > SAP Forum > SAP HR Forum

Absence Workflow Issue

Views: 1577  
Payroll Time OM & PA Portal Payroll Fixes Career Tips SuccessFactors
Old 12-01-2009, 01:18 PM
Administrator

Default Absence Workflow Issue

I have created a workflow wherein upon creation of absence a workflow is triggered tha the respective manager will have to approve or reject the same.

The workflow is triggering when an absence is created but absence is being deducted from the quota at the time of creation of absence not after the approval of absence by the respective manager.

Old 12-01-2009, 01:19 PM
Administrator

Check with your technical consultant to check leave workflow where approval step can be incorporated.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:20 PM
Administrator

This does not make a difference........

When an employee is applying for a leave, it checks for the Quota balance and if available deducts the same to save the record. Now this record details will go to the Approver.

If it is approved, this gets updated in the infotype 2002 with the record exactly. If rejected, the quota is not at all considered for deduction...

Hence this is not an issue. Please check, even if it is rejected whether quota is getting deducted, then this is an issue....
Old 12-01-2009, 01:20 PM
Administrator

Just a quick enquiry. You state that workflow is started after creation of absence.

Did you use the trigger event FORMABSENC to start this workflow? I'm looking for a way to set-up workflow for absences that are transferred from CATS into HR database.

I would also like to ask how the approval is handled...is the record currently locked and will approval unlock the record?
Seems to me that this is the only way preventing the absence to be used in TE or PY.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:21 PM
Administrator

Hope you must have closed this issue by now. i am facing same scenario and need work flow for Leave approval and quota handeling before record updating in Info type 2001.

could you suggest some solutions how to handle this.

Latest News in SAP HR Forum