Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Watch Rajiv Gandhi Awards on television

Views: 1860  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 09-03-2009, 07:13 AM

Default Watch Rajiv Gandhi Awards on television

The Rajiv Gandhi Awards ’09 that were held in Mumbai on August 19, were a grand event indeed. And now it’s time for all Indians to get a glimpse

gets the Best Actress award from union road transport and highways minister Kamal Nath.
of the ceremony.

The event will be telecast this Sunday on Sony at 8 pm.

The award is very special to the winners. Bollywood actress Katrina Kaif reveals that when she first heard she was a recipient, she was taken aback. “Then it all started to sink in. For me, any honour that comes is a sign of being recognised as part of the system. I was close to tears, actually, because just three years ago, I was a virtual outsider trying to find a foothold in Bollywood. And here I am now, getting the Rajiv Award for my contribution to the world of entertainment. I’m ecstatic. Honour brings responsibility with it,” said Katrina.
Rohit Kochhar, who received the award for Young Entrepreneur, was equally elated. “I feel encouraged. This award has motivated me to continue on my journey of creativity and entrepreneurship – two things that I truly believe go hand in hand. Entrepreneurship is all about being creative and thinking out of the box. These awards serve as great inspiration to the Indian youth.”

Times Group MD Vineet Jain, who received the Industrialist Award, said, “I am used to giving away awards, not receiving them. However, the Rajiv Gandhi Award is a recognition of all the work the Times Group has done and also a motivation for us to work harder and excel.” While Olympic gold medallist Abhinav Bindra said he was “truly honoured” on receiving the Sports Award, as did Dr Narendra Jadhav, who was honoured for his contribution to the field of education. ISRO chairman Dr G Madhavan Nair, who got the Superachiever Award, pointed out, “Rajiv Gandhi was a young, visionary leader and to receive an award associated with his name is indeed a great honour.”

The awards were initiated in 1995 by Maharashtra MLC and Mumbai Congress vice-president Charan Singh Sapra.

They honour achievers who are a part of India’s progress into the 21st century. “Which, in a way, is a salute to the passion and energy of the recipients for keeping alive Rajiv Gandhi’s dream of a progressive India. He was the architect of modern India and the awards ceremony is synonymous with India’s future,” said Sapra.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->