Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Health and Food Forum

TOP 10 Biggest ways to BP-lowering

Views: 1947  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 04-12-2021, 02:12 PM

Default TOP 10 Biggest ways to BP-lowering

It is estimated that about one third of the world's adult population are suffering from hypertension or high blood pressure - which is the number one modifiable risk factor for cardiovascular disease and premature mortality. Studies have already revealed that consumption of green or black tea can reduce blood pressure by a small but consistent amount. Catechins, a type of phenolic compounds found abundantly in tea, were thought to contribute to its antihypertensive properties. A recent study from the University of California, Irvine found that that two catechin-type flavonoid compounds (epicatechin gallate and epigallocatechin-3-gallate) in tea help relax blood vessels by activating a specific type of ion channel protein in the blood vessel wall, named KCNQ5. This allows potassium ions to diffuse out of cells to reduce cellular excitability, said the study published in Cellular Physiology and Biochemistry. Whether the tea is consumed iced or hot, it can activate its beneficial, antihypertensive properties, said Geoffrey Abbott, PhD, a professor in the Department of Physiology and Biophysics at the UCI School of Medicine. Below are five other foods that have antihypertensive properties.

Eating citrus fruits like orange, lime, lemon and g****fruits, contain several compounds that are good for your heart. Studies have found g****fruits associated with decrease in both systolic blood pressure (SBP) and diastolic blood pressure (DBP) in hypertensive patients. G****fruit is a good source of vitamin C, pectin fibre, and antioxidants. G****fruit peels are high in polyphenols that can inhibit α-glucosidase and help manage hypertension. Compared to orange juice, g****fruit juice can lead to a greater decrease in mean arterial pressure, said researchers.

Pomegranate juice

Pomegranate juice has antioxidant, anti-hypertensive and anti-atherosclerotic properties. Research has suggested that drinking pomegranate juice may help prevent the development of high blood pressure due in diabetes patients by inhibiting the angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE). Both pomegranate juice and seed oil are known to have anti-hypertensive effects. Some experts suggest that drinking 50-200 mL of pomegranate juice daily may help reduce blood pressure in hypertensive patients.

Bananas

Potassium plays a vital role in managing hypertension and bananas contain plenty of this mineral. Potassium helps alleviate tension in the walls of the blood vessels by reducing the effects of sodium, according to the American Heart Association. Adults are recommended to consume 4,700 milligrams (mg) of potassium daily. If you eat a medium-sized banana, you can get around 422 mg of potassium.

Garlic

Garlic is another vegetable known for its antihypertensive effects. Allicin, the a sulfur compound in garlic, is thought to be largely responsible for its blood-pressure-lowering properties. Some studies even indicated that garlic supplements may work as effectively as standard blood-pressure-lowering medications.
Source https://www.wikinewforum.com/showthread.php?t=415486

Tags
Are there warning signs days before a stroke, At what BP should I go to the hospital, BP-lowering, Can a hot shower lower your blood pressure, Can aspirin lower your blood pressure, Can drinking more water reduce blood pressure, Can high blood pressure be lowered quickly, Can you reverse high blood pressure, Do bananas lower BP, Does 140/90 require medication, Does anxiety cause high blood pressure, Does cinnamon lower blood pressure, Does drinking a lot of water raise blood pressure, Does lemon lower BP, Does lying down reduce blood pressure, Health tips, How can I drastically lower my blood pressure, How can I lower my blood pressure 150 100, How can I lower my blood pressure fast at home, How can I lower my blood pressure in 24 hours, How can I lower my blood pressure while sleeping, How fast can BP be lowered, Is 140 91 A good blood pressure, Is 150 90 A good blood pressure, Is 90 diastolic too high, Is beer good for high blood pressure, Is drinking cold water bad for high blood pressure, Is Egg good for high blood pressure, Is honey good for high blood pressure, Is pineapple juice good for high blood, tips, top 10, What are 3 ways to treat hypertension, What are the 5 warning signs of a stroke, What exercises should be avoided with high blood pressure, What is Stage 3 high blood pressure, What is stroke level blood pressure, What is the best drink for high blood pressure, What is the fastest way to lower blood pressure naturally, What is the first drug of choice for hypertension, What should I do if my blood pressure is 160 over 100, What should I do if my BP is 140 90, What should we eat when BP is high, Which exercise is best for high blood pressure, Which fruit is best for high blood pressure, Why is my diastolic BP so high

Latest Health Tips in Health and Food Forum