Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

I don’t want to take up another reality show

Views: 672  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 05-26-2021, 04:34 PM

Default I don’t want to take up another reality show

‘I don’t want to take up another reality show’

Asim was offered the upcoming edition of Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi (KKK). However, he declined the offer as he wasn’t too keen on taking up another reality show just yet. He says, “I had a choice between giving time to music and participating in Khatron Ke Khiladi. I could have done both simultaneously, but I wasn’t too keen on taking up KKK. I have done a reality show. I am more passionate about music. I want to focus on movies, acting, modelling and rapping.”

TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 05-26-2021, 04:36 PM

The model-actor-rapper talks about his passion for music and films and his relationship with Himanshi Khurana

Asim Riaz, who emerged as one of the most popular contestants in Bigg Boss 13, was declared the first runner-up when the reality show wrapped up in February 2020. As the show ended, he had a to-do list in place, but the COVID-19 pandemic struck soon after and his career plans hit the pause ****on. In a chat with BT, he talks about life after Big Boss and his relationship with Himanshi Khurana. Excerpts:

‘I prefer to have a positive outlook; everything happens at the right time’

While he had envisaged his career shaping up in a certain way, the pandemic put a stop to his plans. He says, “Everything has come to a halt. You wake up to bad news every morning, with people testing positive for COVID-19.” He adds,
Quote:
“I haven’t been really able to enjoy the fame and popularity the way I should have. Work isn’t happening as planned. Yes, the phase has affected my career and the most crucial two years of my have life were spent in the lockdown. But I prefer to have a positive outlook. Everything happens at the right time.”
‘I am a survivor...a hustler’

Asim believes that despite things not panning out the way he had expected, he is a survivor. Instead of dwelling on what could have happened, he says,
Quote:
“It’s another struggle, but I am a hustler. If I can survive the 10 years of struggle after landing in Mumbai from Jammu, then I will overcome this hurdle, too. I look at it as another test by God.”

‘Anybody who dreams of making it big in Bollywood would want his films to be watched on the big screen’

Soon after his stint on Bigg Boss ended, rumours of him being approached for a few film projects cropped up, Asim says, “I have been approached, but things will happen when they are destined to. We got back to work around four months ago, but soon things came to a standstill again. I was in talks for a few projects, but they are on hold for now. Maybe, it’s not the right time. Jab hoga sabke saamne hoga. I should make my debut at a time when everyone is feeling good, and things have returned to normalcy. Several films had to be released on digital platforms owing to the prevailing conditions. Anybody who dreams of making it big in Bollywood would want his films to be watched on the big screen. I am not in a rush. I am not competing with anybody. I am certain that I will enjoy the fruit of my labour one day.”

‘I don’t want to take up another reality show’

Asim was offered the upcoming edition of Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi (KKK). However, he declined the offer as he wasn’t too keen on taking up another reality show just yet. He says,
Quote:
“I had a choice between giving time to music and participating in Khatron Ke Khiladi. I could have done both simultaneously, but I wasn’t too keen on taking up KKK. I have done a reality show. I am more passionate about music. I want to focus on movies, acting, modelling and rapping.”

‘It is sad that we have reached a point ki ek doosre se milne ke liye sochna padd raha hai’

After celebrating Eid and spending some quality time with his family in Jammu, Asim and his ladylove, Himanshi Khurana, returned to Mumbai a couple of days ago. He adds, “I had to undergo a test and make sure that I was negative when I went home on Eid. My parents also underwent a test just to be able to meet their family members. It is sad that we have reached a point ki ek doosre se milne ke liye sochna padd raha hai, aur test report dekhni padd rahi hai.” His bother Umar Riaz is a doctor and has been a front-line worker during the pandemic. He says, “He has already tested positive once, but doctors have been relentlessly working to help people. My mother is constantly worried for him.”

‘I don’t feel the need to clear the air about the rumours of break-up with Himanshi’

Ever since he professed his love for co-contestant Himanshi Khurana on Bigg Boss 13, there been a lot of focus on their relationship. There have also been constant rumours about their break-up in the last year. But Asim promptly brushes off any such news. He says, “Rumours toh rumours hi hote hain. Internet ki duniya aisi ho gayi hai ki wahaan roz kisi na kisi ke oopar sawaal ya judgment hota hai. Aur woh judgment jitni negative hoti hai woh utni popular hoti hai. Himanshi and I are in a very good place. We motivate each other.” Ask him if he ever feels the need to quell these rumours, and he replies, “Clear wohi karta hai jo galat hota hai. Woh negative logon ka ek group hai, unko kyu clear karna hai. I rarely open the comment box on my posts. Usme itna kuchh bhara hua hota hai ki it can affect you.
Quote:
I don’t take social media seriously or else I will end up fighting with my loved ones every day!”

Tags
Asim Riaz, Himanshi Khurana, tv stars

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->