Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

TV bahus give a reality check of entertainment industry

Views: 731  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 05-17-2023, 07:16 PM

Default TV bahus give a reality check of entertainment industry

From Ankita Lokhande shooting for Pavitra Rishta with a drip to Urvashi Dholakia wearing rejected blouses in Kasautii; TV bahus give a reality check of entertainment industry

Television serials are no joke when it comes to shooting for long hours, churning out episodes every day and having no sleep. Fans' favourite TV bahus Ankita Lokhande, Urvashi Dholakia, Divyanka Tripathi and Anita Hassnanadani break all the myths about TV and unveil the undiscovered truths of TV. Here's what they share unfiltered on The Kapil Sharma Show:

Old 05-17-2023, 07:17 PM

Archana's mother used to believe that everything in the TV show was real

Archana Puran Singh reveals how her mother used to believe that everything that happened in the TV serial was real. She says, "My mother used to hate the hero and empathise with the bahu, she was quite fascinated to see how the TV bahus used to wear makeup and sleep. I had to tell Mom that all this was scripted and not real.

Ankita had bought 300 sarees for Pavitra Rishta from Calcutta

When Kapil asks Ankita Lokhande about her saree story, that she bought 300 sarees for Pavitra Rishta, Ankita says, "I had bought all my sarees for Pavitra Rishta and there were around 300 of them, I used to get them from Calcutta specially curated for me and made in cotton so that I could shoot in them for long hours."

Urvashi reveals, 'People used to sell Komolika sarees and accessories'

Talking about sarees, Urvashi Dholakia reveals a memory from her Kasautii days, she says, "One day my mom came on sets, she said, "I was cross across the church and there was a market where they were selling 'Komolika sarees', so I was like 'What should I do?, did you buy any?' my mom was like, 'No', so I asked her why? she replied, 'You wear them every day so get one from the shoot.' My mother was so excited that they were selling accessories and sarees in Komolika's name.

The director of Yeh Hai Mohabbatein couldn't believe Divyanka Tripathi can't cook

Kapil asks Divyanka Tripathi whether she knows how to cook in reality, Divyanka says, "If there are guests at home then I shall politely get a meal prepared by my chef. I really don't know how to cook. I still remember there was a scene in Yeh Hai Mohabbatein where the director asked me to make rotis and I was like, 'As someone to roll them and keep, I will cook them' and the director refused to believe I don't know how to cook. He kept staring at me for three days after that scene in disbelief."
Old 05-17-2023, 07:18 PM

Ankita reveals 'Senior actresses used to fight over sarees'

Archana asks what kind of fights happen on the sets, and Ankita reveals the fights happen over clothes. She said, "In my show, people used to fight over clothes, when I was a newbie and if I got a good saree the senior actresses would fight over it. Initially, I used to cry, but then when I got my power I gave it back."

I used to wear rejected blouses by other actresses in Kasautii: Urvashi

Urvashi Dholakia further reveals, "People don't know about this when we talk about the blouses the actresses wore, I used to wear the blouses that were rejected by other actresses. We had our costume lady maasi who used to send all these rejected blouses to me and I would happily wear them. So I was their recycled process, all my outfits were recycled, mixed and matched.

​TV bahus share about long working hours

Archana asked about the working hours for Television, Divyanka reveals, "Now with union rules in place the working hours have come down significantly but earlier at the beginning of the show we used to shoot for 18-20 hours." Urvashi added, "We had a fixed time to reach the set but not to return home. My mom used to taunt me that I have made my house a guest house." Anita further shared, "We used to be sleeping on the set, brushing, bathing and doing everything on the set only."

​Ankita shared how she had come from the hospital for Pavitra Rishta's maha episode

Ankita Lokhande reveals that she got malaria, dengue and all different fevers while shooting for Pavitra Rishta. She shared, "I had 104 fever and we shot all night. I have gotten dengue, malaria and all other fevers but nobody ever empathised with me. Once I was admitted to the hospital and I have come to the sets to shoot the maha episode with the drip on. After shooting it I again got admitted and at night I watched the episode on the hospital bed."

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->