Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Career Forum & Tips

Full Details of MOONLIGHTING

Views: 615  
Old 09-13-2022, 01:35 PM

Default Full Details of MOONLIGHTING

About
  • There is a lot of chatter about Moonlighting these days as several IT companies like Infosys, and Wipro warned their employees against the practice. With the subject line—’ No Twin Timing, No Moonlighting‘, the Human Resource department of Infosys, in an internal mail, said that moonlighting is prohibited as per employees’ code of conduct and any violation could lead to disciplinary action including termination of employment.
  • The tech major also underlined the portion of the offer letter wherein the company stated that employees are not allowed to take up roles in other firms without Infosys’ permission.
Infosys underlined the portion of the offer letter wherein the company stated that employees are not allowed to take up roles in other firms without Infosys’ permission.
  • “As clearly stated in your offer letter, you agree not to take employment, whether full-time or part-time as director/partner/member/employee of any other organisation/entity engaged in any form of business activity without the consent of Infosys.
  • The consent may be given subject to any terms and conditions that the company may think fit and may be withdrawn at any time at the discretion of the company,” the Infosys email said, as published by Times of India.
WHAT IS MOONLIGHTING?
  • A practice where an employee works for a second job outside his/her regular business hours under certain conditions for an extra income is known as moonlighting. COVID-19 pandemic is said to have given rise to moonlighting practice among the white-collar professionals in country.
  • COVID-19 pandemic is said to have given rise to moonlighting practice among the white-collar professionals in country.
IS MOONLIGHTING ETHICAL IN INDIA?
  • A debate has erupted over the ethics surrounding moonlighting. While Wipro chairman Rishad Premji termed the practice as ‘cheating’, CP Gurnami, Tech Mahindra’s chief executive officer (CEO) was of view that one needs to change with the times. “I welcome disruption in the ways we work”, Gurnami tweeted recently.
  • Meanwhile, Mohandas Pai, former director of Infosys blamed low entry-level salaries for rise in moonlighting. “If you don’t pay people well, they say I want to earn more money and here is the easy way of earning well because technology is available…I get paid in dollars very well, I can earn more… and so that is attractive,” he told PTI.
  • Swiggy Announces Permanent Work-From-Anywhere Policy
WHICH COMPANY ALLOWS MOONLIGHTING?
  • Last month, on-demand delivery platform Swiggy had introduced a new “Moonlighting” policy for its employees that will let them take up external projects to make more money.
  • “With the Moonlighting Policy, our goal is to encourage employees to pursue their passion without any constraints due to their full-time employment with us.
  • This is yet another step in our journey towards building a world-class ‘people first’ organisation,” Girish Menon, Head of Human Resources at Swiggy, said in a statement.

Tags
Can a person get salary from two companies, Can an employee work in 2 companies, Can employers check second job, Can employers prevent moonlighting, Can I do two jobs simultaneously, Can I work full time for 2 companies, Can we do 2 IT jobs at a time in India, Can we work in two MNC companies at a time in India, Can you get fired for having a 2nd job, Do I have to tell my employer about a second job, Does Google allow moonlighting, Is having a second job a conflict of interest, Is it allowed to have 2 jobs in South Africa, Is it ethical to moonlight, Is it legal to work two companies in India, Is moonlighting a conflict of interest, Is moonlighting allowed in India, IS MOONLIGHTING ETHICAL IN INDIA, Is moonlighting gross misconduct, Is part time considered moonlighting, Is working two remote jobs illegal, What are the pros and cons of moonlighting, What are the types of moonlighting, What do you call a second job, What does it mean when you say moonlighting, What is a moonlight shift, What is called moonlighting, What is employee moonlighting, WHAT IS MOONLIGHTING, What is moonlighting by employees, What is moonlighting in South Africa, What is the punishment for dual employment in India, What's another word for moonlighting, What's another word for side hustle, What's the opposite of moonlight, WHICH COMPANY ALLOWS MOONLIGHTING, Why do people moonlight, Why is moonlighting unethical

Latest News in Career Forum & Tips