Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Contestants/Participants 'Karate Padala Kalyani' - Full Details, Controversies, Photos 2020 Bigg Boss Telugu 4

Views: 4274  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 09-05-2020, 05:09 PM

Default Contestants/Participants 'Karate Padala Kalyani' - Full Details, Controversies, Photos 2020 Bigg Boss Telugu 4

Padala Kalyani aka Karate Kalyani is an actress, comedian, and martial artist predominantly working in the Telugu film industry. Her most pronounced roles include comedy performances in movies like Mirapakay, Krishna, and Godavari. She earned the name 'Karate Kalyani' as she holds a black belt in the martial art form Karate.Kalyani has also become a household name with her performances in hit TV serials like Madhumasam, Muthyala Muggu and Goranta Deepam. The dynamic actress with devil-may-care attitude is one of the most anticipated contestants this season.

Name: Padala Kalyani
Claim to fame: Comedy roles in movies like Mirapakay and Krishna.

Padala Kalyani aka Karate Kalyani is an actress, comedian, and martial artist predominantly working in the Telugu film industry. Her most pronounced roles include comedy performances in movies like Mirapakay, Krishna, and Godavari. She earned the name 'Karate Kalyani' as she holds a black belt in Karate and is among the very few actresses who practice martial arts in the industry.

Born in Srikakulam and brought up in Vizianagaram, Kalyani's family is big with music culture. Her father, Padala Ramdas is a mrudangam artist and is also her first guru. Her mother Vijayalakshmi is a music teacher and younger brother Taraka Rama Rao is a music teacher and composer.

Graduating from Vizianagaram music college, she initially forayed into harikatha and orchestra singing. She later ventured into the movie business to be a dubbing artist.

While being an ace comedian and artist that she is, Kalyani did not leave her love for Harikatha behind. She gave a non-stop Harikatha performance for 114 hours 45 minutes, and 55 seconds from June 20th to June 25th in 2015 at Siddhartha Nagar Community Hall, Hyderabad. WikiNewForum astonishing performance of hers was registered in the Limca Book of World Records.

Kalyani later went on to found Sri Adibatla Sri Kala Peetam to foster and promote Hari Katha, the unique art form it is, and to preserve its rich culture and heritage.

Kalyani has also become a household name with her performances in hit TV serials like Madhumasam, Muthyala Muggu and Goranta Deepam.

She made headlines in 2015 when the Hyderabad Task force had raided some clubs near JahangirNagar and reportedly arrested a few people including her under charges of gambling. In 2018, she openly criticized Sri Reddy in her fight against casting couch in the Telugu entertainment industry.

TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 09-28-2020, 05:37 PM

Bigg Boss Telugu 4's evicted contestant Karate Kalyani: It could have financially helped me if I survived for two more weeks

Right Arrow

• Noted supporting actress Karate Kalyani was the recent contestant to get evicted from Bigg Boss Telugu season 4. ETimes-TV got the actress talking about her brief BB stint and what it meant to her. Excerpts:
    (By SriRaam Chelluri)

• I wanted to stay in the BB house for at least 5 weeks. It could have helped me financially if I could stay longer. Lockdown has affected all of us in every which way and I've responsibilities to shoulder and debts to clear. But I want to get close to the audience and showcase my acting talent, remind people of the late iconic actress Suryakantham garu and I think I've achieved all of that within a short period of time.

• When Nagarjuna garu told me that I've been gossipping around and miscommunicating things, I've got a hint that something which is not me is communicating to the outer world. That is when I realised that I'd get eliminated next.

• I should admit that self-nominating myself was more of an emotional decision which was not the right thing to do at that moment. I've soon realised that I would have survived for a week or two, given more content in the upcoming weeks if I wouldn't decide to self-nominate in the boat task.

• It has been 20 years since I gave up martial arts. It gave me the physical strength and endurance to withstand any odds in life. But since I grew up in a family full of musicians and artists, I'm still very sensitive at heart. Maybe I would have performed better in a physical task and a mind game.

• Right from evergreen classics to unheard ones, I used to sing many songs since music is a part of DNA. Housemates fondly call me 'tape recorder'. My Harikatha talent has in fact mesmerised everyone in the house. I'm not sure if those episodes were aired but they would have got me some more votes.

• I was told by many that they couldn't vote to me as their votes were diverted to some other contestant, not sure how. Besides my family, anyone who wants to vote for me tries once or twice but if they are duped due to such flaws, how will my vote bank increase?

• If you've observed, I was still trying to vent out all my feelings and inputs in the post-eviction interaction because that was my only chance to speak out. But Nagarjuna garu intervened and bid goodbye to me. I felt bad at the moment. But I understand as a host, he has some instructions to take and since they are the producers, they reserve all the rights to show us the way they want.

• Anyone who knows me personally knows that I'm not someone who strategizes so much. I wear my heart on my sleeve and speak my heart out. Yes, I'm loud and people are quick to judge me by that nature. A few contestants like Sujatha who read me quickly took advantage of this nature of mine and played a smart game. I've realised it lately, but this is who I am. So, I've no regrets whatsoever.

• Yes, I'm up for a wild card re-entry and I'm hopeful, too. There are many who feel I'm eligible for it. I'm glad for the support and confidence they gave me. This time, I will try to be more composed and smart enough as I've enough understanding of the contestants and their gameplay.

• I heaved a sigh of relief after seeing my mom and son. You know that feeling of getting back to your adda is so good (laughs). I promised Siva Balaji to make a call once I stepped out of the house and I kept my promise. He was the one who'd always encourage me. He was so glad that I didn't change a bit.

• I feel Bigg Boss house is much better than the outside world amid the rapid spread of COVID-19. We had undergone 4-5 COVID-19 tests, everything was sanitised well and our temperatures and oxygen levels were monitored regularly. They took good care of us and we felt so safe and secure inside the house.

Tags
1st Episode Bigg Boss Telugu 4, 2020 Bigg Boss Telugu, Bigg Boos 4, bigg boss, Bigg Boss - Season 4, Bigg Boss 4 Telugu, bigg boss telugu, Bigg Boss Telugu 4, Episode 1 Bigg Boss Telugu 4, Karate Kalyani, Live Bigg Boss Telugu 4, Nominations Bigg Boss Telugu 4, Star Maa Live, Star Maa TV, Telugu Bigg boss 4, Watch Live Bigg Boss 4 Telugu

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->