Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Health and Food Forum

TOP 10 Important Tips for Gas during pregnancy

Views: 2285  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 2.00 average.
Old 03-22-2021, 01:20 PM

Default TOP 10 Important Tips for Gas during pregnancy

Gas during pregnancy: Yoga poses to combat this embarrassing symptom

While gas during pregnancy is a result of normal body changes and does not affect the foetus, it is uncomfortable, embarrassing and sometimes painful. Here are some yoga poses you can try to manage constipation and get rid of gas.

Gas during pregnancy
Is pregnancy making you gassy? You’re not alone facing this potentially embarrassing symptom of pregnancy. The body goes through many changes during pregnancy which slow down digestion and cause formation of excess gas. The production of progesterone increases during pregnancy and this hormone relaxes muscles in your body, including that of muscles of your intestine. When movement of intestine muscles slows down, digestion slows down too. This leads to build up of gas, which consequently bloating, burping, and flatulence. As your pregnancy progresses, the growing uterus will increase pressure on your abdominal cavity and that can also slow down digestion and lead to more gas. Consumption of some foods and your prenatal vitamins can also cause constipation, and more gas. While gas during pregnancy is a result of normal body changes and does not affect the foetus, it is uncomfortable, embarrassing and sometimes painful. Luckily, there are various things you can do to relieve gas during pregnancy. Experts suggest - • Drinking plenty of fluids • Exercising daily • Avoid foods that can trigger formation of gas such as brussels sprouts, cabbage, broccoli, wheat, and potatoes. • Increase fibre intake • Eliminate anxiety and stress from your life as they can increase the amount of air you swallow, and lead to gas and bloating.

Try yoga to combat the gas during pregnancy
Exercise can help prevent constipation and speed up digestion and reduce build-up of gas during pregnancy. Here are some yoga poses you can try to manage constipation and get rid of gas.

Child s Pose
The child pose is great prenatal yoga poses that help take the pressure off your belly as well as remove trapped gas. If you’re in your 2nd or 3rd trimester, placing a block underneath your forehead may give more room for your belly. Start on all fours, spread your knees wide and extend your fingers to the top of your mat. Bring your forehead as close as possible to the ground. Hold the pose for 30 seconds to 5 minutes.

Seated forward pose
Sit on the floor with your ****ocks and straight your legs in front of you. Now bend forward with the upper torso from the hips slowly and gently. It can help regulate the digestive system, relieve headaches, as well as calm your mind and nerves.

Happy Baby Pose
Ananda Balasana or Happy Baby Pose is another effective way of eliminating gas during pregnancy. But avoid lying on your back for an extended period. Lying on your back, lift the knees up towards the sides of the body and hold the feet with the hands or use a yoga strap. Then gently rock from side-to-side like a happy baby, inhaling and exhaling deeply.

Knee to Chest Pose
Apanasana, also referred to as the Wind-Relieving pose or Knee to Chest Pose, calms the mind and relaxes the body. This pose too involves lying on the back for extended periods, so don’t do it for long. Lie on the back, clasp the knees. Exhale and draw them gently in toward the chest and tuck the chin to the chest. Then inhale and release the knees slightly away from the chest.

Take note
Always consult with a doctor before starting any exercise regimen during pregnancy. If you develop severe pain that lasts for more than 30 minutes or constipation for more than 1 week, seek immediate medical attention.

Tags
Can constipation hurt the baby during pregnancy, Can pushing to hard hurt the baby, Can pushing your stomach really hard cause a miscarriage, Do hips get wider during pregnancy, Do you fart more when pregnant, Does your VAG smell when pregnancy, How can I know that I'm pregnant before my period, How can I pass hard stools while pregnant, How can I relieve gas during pregnancy, How do you self check your stomach for pregnancy, How early do you get gas in pregnancy, Is being gassy a pregnancy symptom, Is dark yellow urine a sign of pregnancy, Is it normal to be gassy during early pregnancy, What are some unusual signs of early pregnancy, What can I do to make my baby intelligent during pregnancy, What can I drink for constipation during pregnancy, What do pregnancy gas pains feel like, What does 2 weeks pregnant feel like, What helps constipation naturally while pregnant, What is miscarriage pain like, What is the best medicine for constipation during pregnancy, What is the fastest sign of pregnancy, Where do you feel gas pain when pregnant, Where is gas pain located, Which food is good for baby hair growth during pregnancy, Why am I suddenly so gassy

Latest Health Tips in Health and Food Forum