Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Unknown Hum Paanch

Views: 575  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 07-06-2022, 08:49 AM

Default Unknown Hum Paanch

Recently, a special show which hailed Ashok Saraf for his contribution to the film and TV industry was aired. In the show, much to the surprise of Ashok Saraf, his 'Hum Paanch' co-actors including Bhairavi Raichura (Kajal Mathur), Vandana Pathak (Meenakshi Mathur) and Suchitra Bandekar (Bubbly) graced the show and recalled their fond memories with the veteran actor. The producer of the TV show Hum Paanch, Ekta Kapoor also joined the stage and recalled her experience of working with him.

Despite being a superstar, Ashok Saraf agreed to do the show with limited budget: Ekta Kapoor

Ekta Kapoor thanked Ashok Saraf for letting her work with him. Ekta said, "Ashok Saraf was a superstar when we signed him for Hum Paanch. We had shot the only pilot episode with him first and I kept the CD in the channel's office and left. It rarely happens that you get a call from the channel to start the show in just one day but they saw his work and the rest is history. Hum Paanch entertained viewers for 10 years and it was the first TV show in Balaji. I am so thankful to him. There was a limited budget for the TV show and despite being a superstar, he accepted to do the show. I am so thankful to him for allowing such a young producer like me who was only 17 years old at that time to work with him for Hum Paanch.".

Thank you so much Ashok ji for making it memorable for me: Vidya Balan aka Radhika Mathur

Bollywood actress Vidya Balan, who was also part of the popular sitcom, reminisced her memories of working with Ashok Saraf. She said, "I am so happy that my 'Bapu' has turned 75 and completed five decades in the industry. I wish I could be there with him today to wish him but now I am in London. Hum Paanch was an incredible part of my life. What a journey it was. Thank you so much Ashok ji for making it memorable for me."

He is just 25 years old with 75 years of experience: Vandana Pathak aka Meenakshi Mathur

Actress Vandana Pathak said, "I would play the role of Meenakshi in the show, and for me, Ashok uncle is my Bapu. He was my father in the show and he is like my father in real life as well. I am really thankful to him. I think he is not 75 years old, he is just 25 years old with 75 years of experience."

Suchitra Bandekar on playing Bubbly

Suchitra Bandekar, who played the role of 'Bubbly' in the show, said she would get tensed to work with Ashok Saraf. She said, "I would always call him Anand Mathur in the show because I played the role of his boss' daughter Bubbly. I would get tense while working with him but he would make all of us comfortable."

​I have grown up watching his Marathi films with my mom: Bhairavi Raichura aka Kajal

Actress Bhairavi Raichura, who played the role of Kajal in the show, said that Ashok Saraf was a star but he never let her feel so. She said, "I was young and raw when I was doing Hum Paanch. I had never done anything like that before but my 'Bapu', though he was a star, fixed everything and he made all of us feel like his daughters. I have grown up watching his Marathi films with my mom and she would say 'Dekho beta ye hoti hai natural acting'. Later, I was overwhelmed when I got a chance to work with him in 'Hum Paanch'. I am really blessed and thank you Bapu for teaching me so much in life."

Tags
Hum Paanch

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->