Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Film Entertainment Forum

EXCLUSIVE! Vardhan Puri Reveals 5 Unknown Things About His Grandfather: “Dilip Kumar

Views: 940  
Old 04-15-2020, 12:36 PM

Default EXCLUSIVE! Vardhan Puri Reveals 5 Unknown Things About His Grandfather: “Dilip Kumar

Some actors are etched in our memories forever because of the characters they play. One such gem in Bollywood was the ace actor, Amrish Puri. Amrish Puri worked in the film industry for more than 3 decades and acted in more than 500 films.

For some people, he is the Babuji from Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol’s Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge and for some, he will be the bad guy Mogambo from Mr India. The late actor played every character with dedication and honesty. Koimoi spoke to Amrish Puri’s grandson Vardhan Puri and we asked him 5 unknown things about his grandfather’s iconic characters. From DDLJ to Virasat, Vardhan shared with us some interesting and amazing facts about the Shakti actor’s Bollywood journey.

EXCLUSIVE! Vardhan Puri Reveals 5 Unknown Things About His Grandfather: “Dilip Kumar Was The First Choice To Play Amrish Puri’s Raja Thakur In Virasat”2. In Virasat, the role of Raja Thakur was originally to be played by Dilip Kumar Sahab. But incidentally, when they went to Dilip Sahab, he told the makers that ‘I have a feeling Amrish Puri will be the best person to play this. He is made for the role’. That’s when the producers got convinced by directors. They said that Priyan ji, Amrish ji is the only person who can play this role and even Dilip Sahab was right. Even his character in Virasat had some shades of my great grandfather. That was a role very close to my grandfather and he always said that was one of the favourite performances of myself.

EXCLUSIVE! Vardhan Puri Reveals 5 Unknown Things About His Grandfather: “Dilip Kumar Was The First Choice To Play Amrish Puri’s Raja Thakur In Virasat”4. My grandfather has so much respect for his mentors like Satyadev Dubey, Govind Nihalani, Shyam Benegal and Girish Karnad that even he became a superstar, he always continued charging them exactly what he used to charge when he was a nobody and when they had given him work. When they had asked him to quote his price once he became very successful, he said that I want you to pay me exactly what you used to pay me earlier because nothing’s changed. That is something they always remember.

EXCLUSIVE! Vardhan Puri Reveals 5 Unknown Things About His Grandfather: “Dilip Kumar Was The First Choice To Play Amrish Puri’s Raja Thakur In Virasat”Android & IOS users, download our mobile app for faster than ever Bollywood & Box Office updates!

The post EXCLUSIVE! Vardhan Puri Reveals 5 Unknown Things About His Grandfather: “Dilip Kumar Was The First Choice To Play Amrish Puri’s Raja Thakur In Virasat” appeared first on Koimoi.

More...

Latest News in Film Entertainment Forum

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: