Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Sibbu Suryan Bold Interview Statements

Views: 1111  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 04-22-2021, 05:23 AM

Default Sibbu Suryan Bold Interview Statements

Roja will be my last serial on television, says Sibbu Suryan

Television actor Sibbu Suryan comes across as someone who doesn’t shy away from saying what he feels. His candour and the attitude remind us of the character he plays on the most-watched Roja. And Sibbu, too, agrees. “Sometimes, I do wonder if the writer wrote my character, Arjun, after observing my mannerisms,” he begins.

Sibbu Suryan Stay Address
Having come to the city from Bengaluru, Sibbu says he is lucky to be loved so much in an industry that was initially unfamiliar to him.
Quote:
“I never thought I could act. A lot of my friends and well-wishers always told me that I had the ‘face’ for it, but I never took it seriously. But over time, I decided to try out and got into modelling. And through that, I got an opportunity to work in a Kannada serial, which helped me find a foot in the industry,”
he says.

Bold Statement:
So, how did Roja happen?
Quote:
“It came through Kumar sir, who is with the production team of the serial. I don’t know where he saw me, but he called me, asking me to come to Chennai for a project discussion. I was already doing a couple of Kannada television serials then. Even though I didn’t know Tamil, I wanted to come here as I’ve admired the Tamil industry for long. He gave me a brief about it and asked me to take it up without an audition. And just like that, I was on board,”
he says.
TV Show roles Sibbu Suryan played:

On his role, Sibbu says,
Quote:
“Arjun is a caring guy, but has an attitude. He doesn’t bother about what people say and is a perfectionist. I was able to relate to Arjun as I am very much like him. I try to be perfect and when I am not, I correct my mistakes. I don’t talk behind people’s backs and I am blunt with my views.”
Sibbu Suryan Streggle Days
But the actor says that the first few days of working here was a lot of struggle. Sibbu says.
Quote:
“In the first few weeks, I didn’t understand what they were asking me to do as I didn’t know the language. I literally cried as I felt nobody made me feel at home. I wondered if the audiences would accept me because I am a Kannadiga. The pressure was more so because I came after the serial had been on air for 50-odd episodes. Before I took up this role, there was someone else who played Arjun’s character. Within the team, too, some felt I was being too straightforward. I changed who I was so that I could feel accepted here. But I felt I was acting on camera and off camera. So, I decided to be myself. And now, they have accepted me.”
Sibbu Suryan felt outsider due to non-Tamilan:
With the show crossing 800 episodes now, does he feel things have changed?
Quote:
“Of course, I am happy that we have come this far. The show is now being made in other languages, too. Audiences have accepted me as well. I have people writing to me from different parts of the world. It feels so nice. I started off as an outsider, but now I call myself a Tamilian,”
smiles Sibbu.

Why Sibbu Suryan Decided to QUIT Career TV Shows:

Having been part of the serial for over three years now, Sibbu says Roja will be his last. He says,
Quote:
“It may come as a shocker, but Roja will be my last serial on television. I have been doing this for the last three-and-a-half years and now I feel like trying different roles in various platforms like OTT and films. When I took up serials, I was an average performer. Now, I’ve improved. I learnt so many things while working on television serials. Of course, films will be risky and there will be more challenges. But I am willing to take that risk.”
Sibbu Suryan upcoming Films, TV Shows:
On his upcoming projects, Sibbu says,
Quote:
“I am working on a Kannada film titled Shakuntala by composer-director Hamsalekha. I play a character with a grey shade, in this slice-of-life film. I am also doing a Tamil film with a reputed team. I am not allowed to reveal any details regarding the team as of now. But I could say that I play a politician in the film, who will go to any length to get a seat. Both these films are interesting and different characters. I am looking forward to this new journey.” So, what kind of films does he see himself in? “I am not hell-bent on doing just ‘hero’ roles. The best part of being an actor is that you get to play different characters. The role doesn’t matter and I am keen on giving as much variety as possible,”
he signs off.

When Sibbu's ‘birthday’ kicked up a storm!

Sibbu recently rang in his birthday (April 6th), but thanks to overzealous fans, it created a minor controversy. While his fans expected something huge on the set of Roja, things didn’t go as planned.
Quote:
“I am someone who celebrates everyone’s birthdays in a big manner. This is something I’ve been doing from my college days. I was in Maldives for my birthday and joined the team right after. When my birthday wasn’t celebrated on the set, fans were upset and got a few hashtags trending. I don’t expect things in return, but with all of them asking about this, it made me feel bad. However, I realised that I have their love and support. So, I am happy that way,”
he says.

Tags
Feedback, is sibbu suryan married, Sibbu Suryan, sibbu suryan birthday date, sibbu suryan instagram, sibbu suryan instagram id, sibbu suryan marriage photos, sibbu suryan phone number, sibbu suryan photo, sibbu suryan radha ramana, sibbu suryan serials, sibbu suryan tv shows, sibbu suryan twitter, sibbu suryan whatsapp number, sibbu suryan wife photos, sibbu suryan wiki, sibbu suryan wikipedia, tamil, Tamil TV Stars

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->