Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

'I don't judge the book by its cover'- Rajat Tokas

Views: 2839  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 09-03-2010, 06:22 PM

Default 'I don't judge the book by its cover'- Rajat Tokas

Robindo aka Rajat Tokas of Star Plus and Balaji Telefilms unique love story Tere Liye in a thoughtful conversation with tellybuzz….

Rajat Tokas who has gathered enough fame for himself at a very young age with sheer hard work and dedication, aspires to reach greater heights with a positive attitude.

So here's the young man himself giving out his share of industry experience and future prospects in the same….

After successful characterization in Tere Liye how exciting is it now working in Tere Liye?

From the time I started my career in this entertainment industry I have enacted different kinds of characters so it is a nice feeling to get an opportunity to portray such variant roles. And in the mean time before Tere Liye too I had got many good offers but to my luck things didn't work out so in mean time I learned Marshal Arts and was making myself physically fit.

Tell us something about your character of Robindo in Tere Liye?
It is a very good character with a pinch of grey shade to it. My role falls somewhere between the hero and the villain of the show and it has an independent track working parallel with the main story.

And the strength of Robindo's role I feel is that, he believes in living his life on his own terms and making optimum use of the present.

So, is there any similarity between your character Robindo and yourself?
Being frank I personally don't like Robindo as a person because he is a complete bad guy and when I'm in the character of Robindo I'm least concerned about the world it's like being a free bird. But personally I'm a very quite person and more humble and responsible then he is.

Yet I chose the character as it is very strong and has different shades.

So as there is no similarity between you two does enacting Robindo become difficult?
There is nothing easy or difficult it's the way we look and work towards it. It complete depends on me whether I want to make it difficult or easy and finally I'm here to portray variant characters.

Having said that till date audience has seen you portraying more of periodic roles so, do you hold any special inclination towards it?
See I never looked at it as a heroic or periodic role for me it was the character of a teenager who is facing problems and is trying to find his way out from unusual circumstances. But audience in a way started type casting me but now with taking up variant roles in my upcoming projects I want to convey to the audience that they are wrong and can give them more than their expectations.

Then according to you does the character of Robindo suit you or you suit the character?
I don't know. Though the character is good and I have shot for the early part of the character still somewhere I feel I don't suit the character. But I don't believe in judging a book by its cover. So at present I'm enjoying enacting it and hope audience will also have equal fun watching it.

So did you have to do some special efforts to get into the skin of a modern day character of Robindo?
No nothing in specific.

Tere Liye is your second venture with Balaji Telefilms so hows the occurrence?
As I said before it all depends on the person how he deals with people around him. When I was working with other production house I had heard bad things about Balaji. But now I'm working with them and I sense its all fine and they are good people.

And what kind of rapport are you sharing with the co-stars?
As of now I have hardly had any scenes with the rest of my co-stars. I have just shot a scene with my mother and the occurrence has been great she is an amazing actor.

Any future plans to get into Bollywood?
I had tried hands in Bollywood before getting into television but now I want to stick to television for quite some time.

So are you looking forward for any specific kind of character in future?
Nothing as such any kind of character is fine with me because I believe in myself and I know that with my hard work

And lastly till date have you learnt any special lessons from the industry?
I have learned thousands of lessons. The main thing would be that it has changed me as a person from within and it's something I regret. And on a broader prospective I sense the world is very cruel it's like if you bend down in front of someone in respect they completely pull you down.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->