Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Anand Raj Anand: Jhalak gave me another talent

Views: 2196  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 03-24-2009, 06:12 PM
Award Winner

Default Anand Raj Anand: Jhalak gave me another talent

Famous music director Anand Raj Anand tried his luck on Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa with choreographer Rosita but he didn’t manage to stay for long. Anand was the third contestant to get evicted from the grand platform.

HE spoke to us about his elimination, his fear of the face off as well as all he has learnt from the show- including how to dance like a tapori.

How has your journey been on Jhalak?
It has been beautiful. For me, Jhalak was not just a reality show; it was a face-to-face interaction with the audience. Now I know that dancing is not an easy job yet I am glad to see myself dancing onscreen.

Do you feel that you did not get enough time to prove yourself?
No, I have absolutely no regrets at all. I did not come on the show to prove anything, I came to have fun and I did that. The most important thing is that people have appreciated my efforts. It is not the one who is the best who will win but the person who is the least bad of all the bad dancers! (Laughs)

What do you think went wrong?
I think it was the votes. Just because we got low marks did not mean we performed badly. In fact, the judges used to give me lower marks because they wanted me to perform better. But the audience took this the other way around and did not vote for us.

Were you expecting to be eliminated?
Definitely not! To be very frank, I was not prepared for the face off round but I know why it happened; I was not a popular face from the small screen. Obviously, I felt bad about it. I always prayed that I would never have to go through the face off.

Monica was in the bottom 2 along with you, what do you have to say about that?

Female contestants with male choreographers are always at an advantage. They can lift them; do various types of steps and even cover up their flaws. It’s not the same with male dancers. That’s the problem here. Also, as I said earlier, I was not prepared for the face off round at all. I went blank at the last moment.

Did you get along with your choreographer Rosita?
Rosita was brilliant! All the choreographers are extremely good there because job hi doosro ko bardaasht karta hai, wo genius hota hai. Rosita was like my guru in Jhalak and she was an amazing guru.

Did you ever break the rules of the Jhalak house?
Yes, I used to arrive late for the rehearsals.

Three weeks at Jhalak, how would you now rate yourself as a dancer?
Mujhe duniya ne sar par uthaa liya hai. Since I’ve got eliminated, I’ve been flooded by messages and phone calls from my fans. The response has been great. So if you tell me to rate myself, I would say 10/10 because jiss insaan ko sivaye bhangra ke kuch nahi aata tha, wahi insaan without flaws ke dance kar raha hai. That’s a big achievement!

What all have you learnt dance-wise?
I’ve learnt the Samba, Salsa and South Indian folk dance, which we were supposed to perform for the coming episode. I’ve also learnt a tapori type of dance.

What have you learnt apart from dance?
I am a born singer and through Jhalak, I’ve discovered one more talent. Forget about just dance, I know now that I can take up any thing in the future.

If given a chance, would you like to return to Jhalak as a wild card entrant?
Definitely! It will be a surprise to me though.

Who do you think deserves to win?
Right from the first day, I thought that Gauhar was the only one who is a complete dancer. Now, even Shilpa is doing well but still I think Gauhar deserves to win as she’s perfect.

Will we see you participating in any other reality shows in the future?
Never! You might see me as a judge but as a participant, never!

Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 3 airs every Friday and Saturday at 9pm on Sony TV.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->