Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Tele stars gear up for Durga Puja

Views: 3174  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 10-07-2010, 05:59 PM

Default Tele stars gear up for Durga Puja

With the Navaratri festivities around the corner, all of us are getting set for dandiya celebrations, garba and of course, Durga Puja, Lakshmi Puja and Saraswati Puja for three days each. Mother Durga is worshipped because she is a symbol of shakti or strength. Of course, Durga Puja is synonymous with West Bengal, so we caught up with some of our Bengali television actors and asked them what they were doing this year during the nine days.

Mouni Roy

What is the significance of Durga Puja?
I am eagerly awaiting the Mahalaya. It plays an important role in my life, just like it does for every other Bengali. Evil always loses the battle against good.

Favourite Bengali sweet: I like Nariyal ka laddoo which is made on the day of visarjan.

Favourite childhood memory: We would go to the pandals and women would wear sarees during the ashtami period. We were allowed to stay out after 8 pm. I miss those days in Kolkata and my hometown of Kuchbihar.

Message to your fans: Enjoy with your family. It’s the beginning of a new era. Everyone’s lives should be happy and prosperous

Old 10-07-2010, 05:59 PM

Sayantaini Ghosh

It’s an important festival for Bengalis. Since childhood, it’s been a part of my life so I can’t really segregate the significance. It’s an innate part of Bengali culture.

Favourite Bengali sweet: Sondesh made from jaggery.

Favourite childhood memory: Ashtami was an important day. We would fast on this day and after giving Anjali, we break our fast. Our grandparents would then buy us ice cream. Then we would wait for kichadi, which is an important dish during the festival.

Message to your fans: Enjoy the festival, but also remember the needy.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:00 PM

Reshmi Ghosh

Durga Puja is the portrayal of strength and power. However, for me Durga Puja is celebration, fun, and filled with lights. Now I am in Kolkatta and I can feel that whole atmosphere has become very pious. For us Ashtami is an important day.

Favourite Bengali sweet: Nariyal laddoo made from jaggery.

Favourite childhood memory: We would go to each pandal in Kolkata wearing new clothes. It was an electric atmosphere.

Message to your fans: Keep smiling and be positive.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:01 PM

Sangeeta Ghosh

It is an occasion to celebrate the victory of truth and celebrating with family and friends.

Favourite Bengali Sweet: Bhog.

Favourite childhood memory: We would go for evening parties and participate in singing and dancing competitions.

Message to your fans: Be good to others.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:01 PM

Neha Marda

Durga Puja is celebrating the triumph of good over evil. We shop and gift and receive gifts. We carry forward the tradition of good winning over evil.

Favourite Bengali sweet: Sandesh that is made from jaggery in Kolkata.

Favourite childhood memory: We would visit the pandals totally dressed up. It was a lot of fun.

Message to your fans: Be good to all.

Tags
tvstars

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->