Go Back   Wiki NewForum > Television India Forums

Television India Forums Live Streaming, Star Plus, Sony TV, Zee TV, Colors TV, Star Plus, LifeOK, Star World, SAB TV, Channel V, MTV. India Forums, Desi Tashan, Tellybuzz, Telly buzz, ApniCommunity, Tellychakkar, Indya, Indian Television news, Television news, Telly news, Latest tv news, Latest television news, Indian telly news, Indian tv news, Latest telly news, Latest Indian television news, tv gossip, tv news, tellybuz, Indian TV Serials, Online Full Episode Videos, Bigg Boss Season 7, Balika Vadhu, Parichay Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka, Na Aana Is Desh Laado, Uttaran, Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?, Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain, Saath Nibhana Saathiya, Navya, Diya Aur Baati Hum, Ye Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, Dance India Dance Season 4, Hitler Didi, Pavitra Rishta, Kuch Toh Log Kahenge, Dekha Ek Khwaab, Bade Acche Laggte Hai, Dil se di dua.Saubhagyavati Bhava?, Zindagi Kahe Smile Please, Kyaa Hua Tera Vaada, Survivor India 2, Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha, Gyaan Guru, Swayamvar - Veena Ka Vivaah, Dance India Dance 4, Superstar Santa, Kaun Banega Crorepati 6, 7, Jhalak Dikkhla Jaa 7, Nach Baliye, Sun TV Serials, MTV, Colors, Star Plus, Sony, Imagine, Sony, lifeok, reality shows, TV stars, Actors, Actress, TRP, top 10, TV ratings, www.tellybuzz.com, india-forums.com & More

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old ,

welcomewiki has disabled reputation
Default Star Cast, Latest News, Photos, Videos: Sony TV's Saas Bina Sasural

About Saas Bina Sasuraal

Taanya is a beautiful, intelligent and multi-faceted computer science student in Mumbai. As she is about to pass out of college, her parents begin to talk about her marriage. That's when she tells them that she likes a boy called Tej and wants to marry him. Tej also loves her but is reluctant to accept the proposal because of a problem in his family. While he does not want to cheat her by keeping the truth from her, he is scared of losing her if he tells her about his family's problem. His friends try to convince him that every family has some problem so he need not even mention it to Taanya. Finally, when Tej and Taanya's families meet, there seems to be no problem and the proposal is mutually agreed upon. A grand wedding takes place and Taanya arrives in her sasuraal. The moment of shock come when all the rituals and ceremonies are over and the guests are all gone. Taanya realizes that Tej's household is full of men, just men. All the chachis, mamis, buas etc who attended the wedding had all gone and she was the only woman in the house. Taanya does not know how to handle this. Though in college days she was never uncomfortable among boys and she grew up with a brother, this was another feeling altogether. A life always surrounded by only men – all strangers to begin with – looks unimaginable. She stays put anyways but within twenty four hours she realizes that these men are like pebbles on a beach – all different from each other and rubbing each other sour. She realizes that each one is difficult to deal with. If one wants omlette for breakfast, the other wants halwa. And as if this was not enough there is a sasurji who is kind of a hitler and a chacha sasur who is a hitler-hater. An old dada sasur is also there to make matters worse. Taanya's despairs as she realizes that she needs to play the warden of a boy's hostel where the boys ranged 60 to 12 in age groups. Taanya gives up, accuses Tej of cheating her by not telling the truth and leaves the house. She returns to her maternal home, only to find that her brother and bhabhi all packed and ready to leave the house and her mother crying. Taanya's bhabhi does not want to take the responsibility of her in-laws and hence she moves out of the house with Taanya's brother. And before a shocked Taanya can utter a word about her own problem, her mother tells her that a woman, like a needle is supposed to stitch a family together and not break it. She asks Taanya to always keep her family together and never do anything to break it. Taanya has no alternative and she returns – determined to face the challenge.

Aishwarya Sakhuja Role:Taniya
Lovinly called “TOASTY” (as her mother used to eat lots of toast during her pregnancy days) belongs to a Punjabi brahmin him family, who is very cute and loving. Her father is a share broker and very open minded person and mother is a homemaker. She is a very optimistic by nature and a girl of family values who believes that life is beautiful and god is kind to one and all and that what ever happens is for good. she always carries a needle and thread in her purse.

Ravi Dubey Role:Tejprakash Chaturvedi
Lovingly called “TEJ” by all has recently completed his graduation. Basically a very thoughtfull, introvert, sweet, cultured, ever smiling and caring person, specially girls blindly trust him for any and everything. He wears glasses. He works with his father but wants to venture into something different but is unsure of what exactly it is. He has in him all the traits which a girl looks in for a guy, but lacks majorly a sense of dressing.

Srman Jain Role:Prachinprakash Chaturvedi
Younger than Tej, Prachinprakash is the fourth son of the family. A college student, Prachinprakash is an unconventional person who has weird logics to be backed with his talks. A good example of this would be his idea of being eco-friendly as he suggests that people should talk less since when we speak our mouth generates heat which is bad for environment.

Rajiv Kumar Role:Lalit Kumar Sharma

Rishi Khurana Role:Ved Prakash Chaturvedi

Roshni Banerjee Role:Malti

Arvind Vaidya Role:Daada Ji

Meghan Jadhav Role:Gyaan Prakash Chaturvedi

Anjali Mukhi Role:Sudha Sharma
Toasty's mother. Sometimes over-protective of Toasty and meddles in her married life.

Darshan Jariwala Role:Chedilal Chaturvedi
Very rich and proud owner of the oldest cloth store in Mumbai. He is very strict & rigid & has his own mind set of rules and discipline. Has seen poverty in childhood. Talks less but if required just shouts to explain bringing out the disciplinarian in him. Rarely in a month he will be approachable to talk & has not remarried since his wife’s death 14 yrs ago.

Rajendra Chawla Role:Pashupatinath Chaturvedi
Calls himself P M Chaturvedi, as he hates anyone who cuts shot his name and calls him pashu. He is a shadow of his father, extremely short tempered n does not get along well with his father. He is very rude and outspoken by nature, CHUN CHUN KE KADVI BATEIN KARTA HEI, by which other people get hurt, he is divorced. His marriage lasted for 18 months only and so has a very bad and bitter experience of his married life and thus feels that all women are bad and can’t stand them. He does not have an emotional touch with anyone.

Tanvi Thakkar Role:Gyan's love interest

Ketaki Chitale Role:Dimple Sharma

Simple Kaul Role:Smita Lumba

Rucha Gujrathi Role:Kiya

Shruti Bapna Role:Nitika Juneja

Kiran Bhargava Role:Malti's Mother

Source: IF, Wikitvshows.com
Old ,

Aishwarya Sakhuja aka Toasty of Sony's Saas Bina Sasural shares her experiences in the show where she is amidst men...

After anchoring several shows on television channels Aishwarya Sakhuja found it really challenging to step into the shoes of an actor.

The actress shares the experiences of playing the lead in Sony's Saas Bina Sasuraal with Tellybuzz, and also shares her experience on the sets of the show and the challenges she faces in an 'only men' family..

How did you bag the show?
It's not just about bagging the show, people from Optimystix called me for auditions and after several rounds of auditions I got through the show.

How is Toasty different from Aishwarya?
There are similarities as well as dissimilarities between Aishwarya and Toasty. Both believe that life is good and both are optimistic, but at the same time Toasty is extremely energetic and very open which in actual I am not, as I take time to open up to people.

You had worked as a host on Zoom, Sony TV, Zee Sports et al. What were the challenges that you had to face while jumping into a daily soap?
It is tough to be as an actor when you have done anchoring. As an anchor you can take the call on the clothes you wear, the way you look and the way you speak and present yourself, whereas at the same time when you switch to acting, those calls are being attended by others on the sets. There are people to tell you what you have to wear, what you are going to speak and to think the way you will be portrayed. So that was a great challenge for me as I have no say in it. And in this daily soap I am working with renowned actors and in order to keep my face, I needed to work a lot and that was a great challenge.

What do you enjoy more, hosting or acting?
I love both anchoring as well as acting. I adore anchoring because that's my baby now and I am extremely comfortable in the skin of an anchor. But at the same time as an actor you get more visibility and now people recognize me as Toasty and I feel extremely happy about it.

Your show has a backdrop wherein you are in a family of only men, what were the challenges doing such a role?
There were great challenges lying in front of me in this show. When the Producer described the role, he said "Laad ladaathi ladki hain". That was a big challenge as in real life I am not at all a person like that. Toasty is a person who is really comfortable with people around her including men, whereas I am more comfortable with women. Toasty is tremendously energetic and Aishwarya, to turn into Toasty, that too after coming on the sets early in the morning missing sleep, is really a tough task (Laughs).

How is it working with Ravi Dubey?
Ravi is a great person to work with. As he has also done shows earlier, he helps me with the lines and gives me tips on how I can improve myself. At the same time he has a great sense of humour and it is real fun on the sets with him.

The storyline reminds us of Satte Pe Satta, whats the difference?
Satte Pe Satta had a group of seven brothers whereas in Saas Bina Sasural, there are various relations involved. Satte Pe Satta was out and out, a comedy movie whereas the show is not at all a sitcom. In the movie Hema Malini had her own set of problems and here, I have a different set of problems that you will have to watch in the coming episodes.

What was the first shot for the show and how was it?
The first shot that I gave was the first shot of the serial, where the situation is my mother's dream sequence wherein, I am dressed up as a bride. I am not at all a feminine girl and very Tomboyish and when I gave the first shot, the director said 'cut' followed by everyone laughing. I was totally confused till the director said "you are a bride and you have to act shy"

Memorable moments on the sets
Since I am from the anchoring world and just stepping into a daily soap, there were times when I used to just break down and think this is not my cup of tea. Once my associate director came towards me and said that I should start opening up to people around me and then I will not feel let down and it will help me to grow as an actor. After that, I took his advice and within five days I felt a great change around me as I felt really comfortable being an actor.

We also hear that you are the only female actor on the sets most of the time. Are you pampered?

I feel privileged in that matter and I am pampered like anything (laughs). I am allowed to give retakes as I am new to this industry and the team that I am working with is extremely positive, a great team where I never feel stressed out.

Were you offered other shows earlier?
Yes, there have been shows offered to me, but I was very clear in my decision of not doing a typical 'Saas Bahu' show wherein there is a lot of 'Rona Dhona' and the shows that had approached me were of those lines. But Saas Bina Sasural had a completely different concept that attracted me.

Are you looking for a Bina Saas ke Sasural or a normal family?
On a professional note I am looking forward for a Sasural bina saas ke, but on a personal note, I would never want a house like that. I want a complete family and especially a Saas because as I said earlier I am more comfortable with women than men, otherwise I might die.

Why did you select a show from Sony because fiction shows in Sony have not worked lately?
Personally I feel Sony is a brave channel as they have been coming up with shows like 'Mahi Way' and 'Rishta.Com' which I loved watching. They are trying to show that there is a different set of people who watch such shows and they are trying to establish that audience on a large scale.

Your upbringing
I was born in a small town called Wellington in Ooty but basically a Punjabi. I am an army kid, my dad was in Army and my mother was a teacher and my brother is a dentist in Army. I have travelled a lot and I have completed my BA in English from Delhi at Hindu College. My dad was against my modeling, but after I won a small pageant called 'May Queen Ball', an Army pageant, dad was really happy and he said that I had the potential. When I took part in Miss India 2006 he was the one who was always there with me to help me out.

This is your first daily soap as a main lead, how did your family react?
They were very happy and I was flooded with calls. My dad said that even though I did not have any contacts in the industry when I had started, I have reached till here and he is proud of me.

Your message to the fans
Please keep watching the show and I congratulate the people of Mumbai for the way they have been treating animals. I love animals and I have seen that the stray dogs are given food by the people here which I never found in Delhi. Thank you for being so brilliant with animals.
Old ,

Chedilal to get misconception about Taanya in Saas Bina Sasural leading to a threat.

Sony TV's new venture Saas Bina Sasural adds a new flavour to the small screen with a new concept away from Saas Bahu drama. So what this show has to give to their audience is something to watch. The latest buzz came to us is about the threat that Taanya (Aishwarya Sakhuja) is soon going to get from her sasural to be.

Elaborating on the track our close source says, "Soon Chedilal (Darshan Jariwala) will get agreed to have a meeting along with Taanya so that he could judge her as a person and decide whether to allow Tej (Ravi Dubey) to wed Taanya. But as a tradition says, there has to be some drama before everything gets well, therefore prior a meeting with Taanya, Chedilal co-incidentally gets an encounter with her in a market place, where he gets a bad impression of her."

"Actually while Taanya is busy talking to a friend, she uses some bad lingo for her friend while Chedilal on the other hand thinks that she is having a conversation with some elderly guy and has no respect towards elder. That was not all for Taanya, as the real drama appears when Taanya visits Tej's family on the same day which makes Chedilal more annoyed when he remembers the market incident," adds source.

"The whole market incident creates a huge wave of misunderstanding in the family and gives a threat to Tej and Taanya's wedding," source signs off.

We contacted Aishwarya to know more on the track and she confirms, "Yes, there is going to be a big drama soon where Taanya and Tej's wedding might get into trouble but the audience has to watch it."

Ravi Dubey too confirmed the news but refused to divulge more details.

It seems that the show is going to start a new tradition of Sasur-Bahu drama, what say?
Old ,

TellyBuzz catches up with Ravi Dubey to know his Sunday plans…

Complete the sentence, Sunday ho ya Monday: Tu hamesha kar acche kaam mere bande…

Sunday means: Every day means hardship for me so Sunday means Hard work and little entertainment if time permits.

Your Sunday starts with: Prayers and chanting

Your perfect Sunday plan: To get up early in the morning and spend the whole day with family and friends. In fact spend some good time with near and dear ones.

Do you see sunrise on Sundays: Yes, I do see sunrise everyday and the same applies to Sundays.

What's your Sunday special diet: I prefer ****er Chicken with Roti as I am diet free for the day.

What is more exciting, Sunday or Saturday nights?
Saturday nights because though I don't have time, my other friends have free time as they get holidays the next day, so we get enough of time to chat and party late.

You may rename Sunday as: Funday with frolic.

One thing you avoid on Sundays: I would avoid staying late because we have to get back to our work the next morning.

Your Sunday mantra: Pray and chant a lot.

How many Sundays do you expect in a week: Though I get many I would love to enjoy only one.
Old ,

Neela Telefilms will now come up with a daily comedy on Sony TV, titled Krishnaben Khakhrawali..

The recent fiction shows on Sony have cast a spell on the viewers, and the ratings prove that!! After the launch of Saas Bina Sasuraal, Sony is now looking forward to a show coming from Neela Telefilms, the makers of the popular show on SAB TV, Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah.

Titled Krishnaben Khakhrawali, the show is about Krishnaben, who has gone thro' a lot of hurdles in life, to bring up her children. Talented actor Indira Krishnan will play the title role. She lives with her father-in-law and four children.

Our source states, "Neha Lakshmi Iyer who played the role of Gunja in Na Aana Is Desh Laado will play the daughter of Krishnaben. Mehul Vyas who was seen in Imagine's Dharam Veer will play her twin brother. Sohan who was last seen in Sahara One's Bitto will be another son of Krishnaben".

We tried calling Mehul, but he remained unavailable.

Neha Lakshmi confirmed the news saying, "Yes, I am playing the character of Divya; she is very bubbly, vibrant and close to her mother. I am happy that I am playing a character of my age".

We tried calling Producer Asit Modi, but he remained unavailable..

The show has already gone on floors, and is likely to start this month..