Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Be afraid, don’t tease the unknown!

Views: 1806  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 08-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Award Winner

Default Be afraid, don’t tease the unknown!

The number 666 has always associated with Satan. Also called the Number of the Beast, according to the Holy Bible, the number signifies the anti-Christ, who will be part of a period where mankind destroys one another in the next thousand years.

The number has several connotations to it, but most of us associate it with something scary. With STAR One’s horror night’s 666 Project, that is airing this weekend, is all set to jolt the viewers.

Fear has always been a part of the human psyche. Many of us have claimed to see the unusual or have felt some sort of paranormal activity in our lives.

While we may laugh at some, we don’t laugh so much when we experience the unusual ourselves.

Take CR Gopalakrishna for example. This sixty-something retired professional recounts an experience he had as a youth. ‘My father was the principal of Andhra University in Visakhapatnam during the 1950s and 1960s. The campus was massive and within a forest premise at that time. My family had gone out of town leaving my dog and I alone at home. At that time, there was a thunderstorm at night and the lights went out,’ recalls Gopalakrishna

Gopalakrishna recalls how he was woken up by a sudden crash of thunder. ‘The lights were still out, but I woke with a start. My dog, Jackie was crouched in the corner of the room. Suddenly, there was a flash of lightning and Jackie started growling, with his hair on one end. I too felt someone in the room and I was petrified. Jackie didn’t stop snarling for the next five minutes and suddenly, the lights came back on,’ he says.

Gopalakrishna isn’t the only person with experience out of the ordinary. People have admitted to have had very scary experiences in Mumbai in the recent past. Prachi Parekh, a 20-something architect tells a story on how she experienced seeing a scary woman in a white sari near the morgue next to Cooper Hospital. ‘It was freaky,’ she says. ‘I had just seen Gothika the previous day and that woman in a white dress was still in my mind. I was returning from a party to a friend’s place and it was raining. I suddenly saw this woman coming towards me, while I was sitting in my auto rickshaw. I screamed and heard her laugh, but when I looked back she had gone,’ recalls Prachi.

There are many of those who mock at such incidents as mere myth, and go on to experiment with the unknown. Popular form of calling the unknown forces is through Ouija Boards. This board is popularly known as spirit board.

The board has alphabets on it, along with words such as 'yes,' 'no,' 'good-bye,' and 'maybe.' A planchette, a small 3-legged device with a hole in the middle of some sort, is manipulated by those using the board. However, users often feel the planchette is moving of its own accord rather than responding to their own unconscious muscle movements.

So what makes this spooky? There are many incidents known where the board takes over people’s lives and one gets addicted to reach out to the mysterious forces again and again. They contact their ancestors, partners of past life, dead relatives and friends through such forms. And when they contact disturbed spirits in the process of curiosity, things are said to get chaotic and uncontrollable!

If you’re the type to think that all these horror stories are just fiction, think again. It’s not some hocus-pocus that you see on television and movies. This week’s story is based on some students who did attempt to explore the unknown. Watch it and be prepared to tackle this unknown force, you’ll never know when your HORROR night awaits you… Watch out!

Tags
star one’s horror night

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->