Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Chetan Hansraj finds Swami Vivekanand’s books overwhelming

Views: 1313  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 01-15-2010, 02:57 PM
Award Winner

Default Chetan Hansraj finds Swami Vivekanand’s books overwhelming

Model and actor Chetan Hansraj is highly inspired by the work of Swami Vivekananda and does not believe in sugary romances or sob dramas.

Like most of the characters that he has played on-screen, he loves movies where tough people have an edge.

He told in an interview, “I like to go for movies which are not the usual candy-floss romances. Some of the movies I truly admire are Midnight Express, The Shawshank Redemption, and Requiem for a Dream. I just love the way the story unfolds in these movies and the way characters reveal their inner-selves.”

However, when it comes to his favorite movie, he chooses the James Cameron blockbuster Avatar. “I don’t think I have seen anything like this ever before. In terms of technology, it’s groundbreaking and in terms of entertainment, it can beat any movie released till date,” he added

On the other hand, he likes reading books on Yoga and the writings of the great Swami Vivekananda. “Swami Vivekananda’s books have helped me a lot in my life, and his ideas and thoughts are simply mind-boggling. He also loves Gregory David Roberts’ Shantaram. The book is quite exciting since it talks about the character and his journey in the city of Mumbai. Relating to it is very easy since it’s about my city.”

Tags
chetan hansraj, swami vivekananda

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->