Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Full Details: Sony TV's Adaalat

Views: 5904  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 11-20-2010, 07:44 AM

Default Full Details: Sony TV's Adaalat

Contiloe Telefilms with Sony Entertainment television's new weekly show Adaalat is set to take off on 20 November at 8:00pm

Contiloe Telefilms with Sony Entertainment Television is all set to kickstart its new show Adalat, based on a courtroom drama.

As the promos reveal, the show is about K D Pathak, an unconventional lawyer, who uses every trick in the book to deliver justice which may be as bizarre as using magical gimmicks to solve the case or as unique as finding a totally new angle to the case which nobody can figure out except K D.

Regarding the USP of the show Ajit Thakur, EVP and Business Head of Sony Entertainment Television says "This is the first time that Sony is coming up with a full-fledged courtroom drama and Sony has dealt with shows of different genre. Courtroom drama is a popular genre in the west which is not yet tried with the Indian audience."

Talking about the show the Producer Abhimanyu Singh said, "We always wanted to be associated with Sony for a long time and today we are pleased with the channel for their concept of Adaalat. In Contiloe we have always tried to do differentiated programmes and Indian Television is an interesting threshold where you have to set up different frames to get the audience glued. We wanted to try one such concept that has not been tried at all and through this show we tried a format which is interesting, keeping in mind the dignity of the Court and Law but at the same time with a pinch of drama in it."

Revealing one of the secret weaknesses of K D, Ronit Roy says "Even though the character is tough and very straight forward one of his weaknesses is with girls. K D is a shy person and it is very difficult for him to get acquainted with girls"

To add to his remark Sunayana Fozdar who plays the Assistant of K D says, "I play a very bubbly and chilled out girl who has finished her education in law and is the topper of the college. She joins as K D's Assistant and is very chilled out with him too and her over friendliness makes him very conscious".

The show claims to be different from the rest of the shows television has seen till date and guarantees to enthrall the audience with the cases and the methods with which K D solves the case.
The proceedings in the court will begin on 20 November at 8:00pm on Sony Entertainment Television..

Old 11-20-2010, 07:45 AM

Simple Kaul to feature in Sony TV's Adaalat in a new avatar..

Sony TV's Adaalat, produced by Contiloe Telefilms is all set to start this weekend with Ronit Roy at the helm. TellyBuzz has already reported about Navina Bole, Parul Chaudhary, Kushal Punjabi playing vital roles in the episodics of the show.

The latest is that Simple Kaul fondly known as Pam of Star Plus' Shararat, currently seen in Sony TV's Saas Bina Sasural will be seen in a very different avatar in the first episode of the show.

"Simple will be essaying the role of a politician's wife who gets trapped into a ****** case. Unlike all other roles, Simple will be seen in cotton sarees, bindis, in a different hair style".

We contacted Simple to know more on the same and she confirms, "Yes, I have a great rapport with Contiloe, and have done a cameo for Adaalat and had a blast on the sets."

Talking about her unusual get-up she says, "For the very first time on Indian Television I will be seen in Cotton Sarees with Mangal sutra; even our production guys were shocked to see me, as I wore saree for the first time. I am eagerly waiting for the episode to go on floors."

Its going to be a surprising element to see how Pam turns into Parvati!

Tags
adaalat, sony

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->