Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Stars on child abuse

Views: 1707  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 08-28-2009, 02:46 PM

Default Stars on child abuse

A few days ago, small-time TV actress Urvashi Dhanorkar was arrested for abusing and torturing her 10-year-old domestic worker. There was also news of Bollywood actress-singer Suchitra Krishnamurthy and TV stars Laxmi and Uma Khan allegedly employing child labour.

Child labouris illegal, and anyone who employs a child younger than 14 years can be charged under the Child Labour & Prohibition Act and the Juvenile Justice Act. They can be fined up to Rs 20, 000 and even convicted for six months to two years.

We asked a few tele-stars for their reactions on this serious issue:

Sarita Joshi

Maine jab yeh news TV main dekha tab mujhko laga ki us aurat ko jaake main maaru. How can she do this to a small girl who is away from her family? This is a barbarian act. I was thinking how cruel could she be, because I read that she is also a mother. Lekin baad mein jab maine socha ki har pehlu ke do sikke hote hain, and I am hoping that truth will win. If she is guilty, she should be punished.”

TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 08-28-2009, 02:47 PM

Kamya Punjabi
“It is disgusting, how could that woman react like this? We can be mature about these things. I felt sad that a child had to take such abuse, especially because I will also have babies in the future. Frankly speaking, I have not heard this name in the industry. And I treat my servants like a family because they are doing a job for their family.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:48 PM

Soumya Tondon
“Though I hadn’t heard about this, it’s terrible that a person can act like this. No matter how rich we are, in both dignity and materialistic things, we cannot commit crimes like this. If found guilty, that woman must be punished. Personally, we don’t hire child domestic workers as it doesn’t fit into our ethics and rules.”
Old 08-28-2009, 02:48 PM

Manish Goel
“It is totally inhuman, such acts are not in our culture. Even we have servants and we don’t treat them like animals because they have their own emotions and family. I hope the truth wins and that child will be okay.”
Old 08-28-2009, 02:49 PM

Sanya Irani
“Nobody has the right to do such a thing. I was shocked to hear about this woman, who is a mother, doing such a thing to a child. I’m totally against child abuse.”

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

-->