Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Film Entertainment Forum

TOP 10 Controversies, World Records Film 'C U Soon' (Malayalam)

Views: 605  
Old 09-01-2020, 06:04 PM

Default TOP 10 Controversies, World Records Film 'C U Soon' (Malayalam)

Unknown Facts:
The film was shot entirely on an iPhone in Kerala, India between May and July 2020 during the Covid-19 pandemic.

Jimmy meets Anu on an online dating website and decides to marry her. Jimmy's mother entrusts his cousin Kevin to get details about Anu. Now its Kevin's turn to search for his cousin's fiancee who vanished without a trace, only to discover dark, shocking truths about her.

Reviews:
Just watched it on Amazon Prime on the 'Thiruvonam' day from Denver, Colorado. Quite frankly it was so hard to switch off 'Searching' expectation. But, as the movie progressed , it got me glued to my seat and switch off that other movie's 'screenplay'. The story is very good (not perfect for the small plot holes etc) and the acting is excellent, starting of course with Fahad and others. PS: Must watch and enjoy the flow of the movie than trying to make sense of the format if you are not used to it. It is an experimental one and I am glad Malayalam movie industry jumped at it.

Since C U Soon takes the progression of its character graphs seriously, it would have meant something if it had shown Kevin either suffering consequences or expressing contrition for briefly roughing up a woman in the film. True, such men in reality rarely come to justice, but because ********-partner violence has long been normalised by Malayalam cinema (Aadya Rathri and Ayyappanum Koshiyum being shocking recent examples), it would have been a change to see a point being made about this sort of behaviour

Be warned though: C U Soon is not to be watched lazily. There are multiple windows open on screen throughout and the activity is constant. For instance, a character might be on a video call with one person while typing messages to another and folders lie scattered in the background – this means the viewer’s senses must be on red alert every moment. I confess I got briefly confused at a couple of points, but hey, that’s how life is on the worldwide web where attention spans are short and multi-tasking is the norm. As I write this, I have six windows open on my laptop and I am switching between three, so the film is nothing if not realistic. Besides, the plotline is so arresting and the storytelling so smooth, that the attention being demanded is not hard to give at all. (*inserts grinning face with sweat emoji)

Tags
malayalam, south

Latest News in Film Entertainment Forum

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: