Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Health and Food Forum

TOP 10 Antioxidant-rich food items that can boost your immunity.

Views: 949  
Old 04-17-2020, 03:32 PM

Default TOP 10 Antioxidant-rich food items that can boost your immunity.

These Antioxidant-Rich Food Items Can Help You Beat Invading Pathogens

Read on to know about antioxidant-rich food items that can boost your immunity.

Antioxidant rich food items (Representational Image)

These days, you may be coming across the word ‘immunity‘ a lot. This is because of the ongoing coronavirus crisis. According to researchers, an optimum immune function can help you reduce your likelihood of getting affected by the COVID-19 virus and can help those who are already affected in recovering quickly. Apart from a healthy lifestyle, antioxidants are known to keep your immune system strong. Also Read - COVID-19 Patient Credits Meditation For Recovering in One Week, Recommends it in 'Daily Life to Boost Immunity'

They are compounds that can neutralise unstable molecules called free radicals that are associated with damage of DNA, Cell membranes, other parts of cells, and making immune system weak. Antioxidants work by giving free radicals their own electrons. These compounds basically prevent any damage to immune cells and help them keep fighting against invading pathogens. Here are some of the antioxidant-rich food items that you can add in your daily diet and can boost your body’s defense system. Also Read - Immunity Boosting Diet: Here's What Is Being Served at Andhra Pradesh's Quarantine Centres

Broccoli

Packed with detoxifying antioxidants called sulforaphane, broccoli can keep your immunity optimum. It also contains essential nutrients that make it a healthy food to have. Also Read - Eating Capsicum Can Reduce Inflammation And Boost Your Immunity

Spinach

This green veggie is rich in vitamin C and contains various other antioxidants too. Spinach is also packed with beta carotene which can potentially boost your immune function. Notably, you should not overcook spinach as doing that can make it less nutritious. Light cooking enhances its vitamin A.

Almonds

Almonds contain fat soluble vitamin E that plays a key role in a good immune function. Almonds are also rich in other vitamins and minerals that reduce blood pressure, blood sugar level and manage your cholesterol level. Having almonds can also help you in weight loss as they reduce hunger and prevent overeating.

Tags
Antioxidant-rich food items that can boost your immunity., Are Bananas high in antioxidants, Are carrots high in antioxidants, Does Honey boost immune system, foods that boost immune system for cancer patients, fruits that boost immune system, herbs to boost immune system, How can I boost my immune system fast, How can I increase antioxidants in my body, How can I increase my T cells naturally, How do antioxidants improve immunity, How many hydroxytyrosol can I take a day, How much garlic should I eat a day, how to boost immune system naturally, how to increase immunity home remedies, immunity boosting foods for k, immunity-boosting foods for adults, Is garlic an antioxidant, Is green tea high in antioxidants, Is honey an antioxidant, Is it OK to eat a banana every day, Is Lemon an antioxidant, supplements to boost immune system, What are good antioxidants, What are the most powerful antioxidants, What are the top 5 antioxidants, What foods contain hydroxytyrosol, What is a natural antioxidant, What is hydroxytyrosol good for, What is the best immune booster, What is the most powerful antioxidant food, What is the most powerful natural antioxidant, What is the most powerful vitamin, What juices boost immune system, Where is hydroxytyrosol found, Which food has most antioxidants, Which foods increase immunity, Which fruit is good for immunity, Which fruits are rich in antioxidants, Which vitamins are fat soluble, Why is garlic so powerful

Latest Health Tips in Health and Food Forum

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: