Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Film Entertainment Forum

IFFM 2019: Shah Rukh Khan Gets Excellence In Cinema Award, Ranveer Singh’s 2 Films Wi

Views: 812  
Old 08-09-2019, 06:31 AM

Default IFFM 2019: Shah Rukh Khan Gets Excellence In Cinema Award, Ranveer Singh’s 2 Films Wi

It is that evening of the year in Melbourne, when the annual awards night marked its gala presence in the cultural melting pot. 2019’s award function at the Indian Film Festival of Melbourne was a special one for many reasons.

Zoya Akhtar’s Gully Boy walked away with the top gong of Best Film honour, whereas Vijay Sethupathi won the Best Actor for his widely acclaimed film Tamil film Super Deluxe and Tabu was named Best Actress for her performance in Andhadhun.

Zoya said, “I am so excited. I am not going to forget this evening. This is my first award in the capacity of a producer. Gully boy was our first production. This is a good start. No one makes a movie alone and this wouldn’t be possible without my producers, my co-writer, my incredible actors and every member of my cast and crew. 54 invincible artists worked on this album. I owe this night to all of them.”

IFFM 2019: Shah Rukh Khan Gets Excellence In Cinema Award, Ranveer Singh’s 2 Films Win Big – Check Out The Complete Winners’ ListSriram said on his win as best director, “I am thankful and overwhelmed with the response to Andhadhun and this award. A French short film inspired this movie. It was 7 years ago and the movie took a long time to make.”

Upon receiving her award, Tabu said, “It’s my first time in Australia but I will remember it for the rest of my life. Thank you Sriram for writing this for me. This character is catalyst for change of roles for women that are being written and will be written in future. Thank you for trusting me with this character”.

Additionally, IFFM bestowed upon superstar Shah Rukh Khan – the ‘Excellence In Cinema’ award.

Trending

Shah Rukh Khan, in his usual candour, said, “Thank you all of you in Melbourne. It’s an honour and privilege for me. Awards are odd because to me an art form be judged for its quality feels counter intuitive. Art is an expression and cinema is the ability to create emotions and share experiences through stories. To be an actor, is to live to know that each one is a mere illusion. When you are making a movie you can change a lot by changing the angle of the light and it strikes you that life is a lot like that as well. It’s the simple things that can alter your journey and pondering makes your story worth telling. I shot a film here 12 years ago and it was a straightforward film about a man who has lost hope in life picks on a team of girls and then they go on to win a world championship. This city had the simplicity I had seen nowhere else. When you get older like me, you realise things. I realised that film changed my life. It’s not the awards you get, it’s just the part of creating process that is an exhilarating experience for an artiste.”

Here’s a complete list of winners –

IFFM Best Short Film : MY NAME IS MOHAMED AND RAGHAD, WE DON’T EXIST HERE ANYMORE by Ali Mousawi BE MY BROTHER by Genevieve Clay

View this post on Instagram

Co-Winner of the IFFM Short Film competition 2019 goes to the incredible film, My Name is Mohammed And Raghad We Don't Exist Here Anymore. Congratulations to the film makers, we loved every bit of this production! Selected by the outstanding @vijaykrishnaacharyaofficial | @filmvic @visitmelbourne @visitvictoria Sponsored by Black Magic Design @blackmagicnewsofficial and Singapore Airlines @singaporeair #IFFM2019AWARDSNIGHT #IFFM2019 #filmvic #FilmVictoria #InclusiveScreenCulture #Inclusion #awardsnight

A post shared by Indian Film Fest of Melbourne (@iffmelbourne) on Aug 8, 2019 at 3:53am PDT

Winner of the IFFM Best Short Film competition 2019 goes to the film, Be My Brother. Congratulations to the film maker, we loved every bit of this production and hope to see more from you in the future! Presented by @vijaykrishnaacharyaofficial | @filmvic @visitmelbourne @visitvictoria Sponsored by Black Magic Design and Singapore Airlines #IFFM2019AWARDSNIGHT #IFFM2019 #filmvic #FilmVictoria #InclusiveScreenCulture #Inclusion #awardsnight

A post shared by Indian Film Fest of Melbourne (@iffmelbourne) on Aug 8, 2019 at 4:06am PDT

IFFM Diversity Award: Onir

Presenting @latrobeuni's Diversity Award IFFM2019 to the incredible @iamonir. Congratulations and thank you for your contribution to the Indian Film Industry. Presented by @latrobeuni | @filmvic @visitmelbourne @visitvictoria #IFFM2019AWARDSNIGHT #IFFM #InclusiveScreenCulture #LaTrobeUniversity

A post shared by Indian Film Fest of Melbourne (@iffmelbourne) on Aug 8, 2019 at 4:27am PDT

Telstra People’s Choice Award: Simmba

Presenting @telstra's 'People Choice Award' to the audience favourite film, Simba. Congratulations @itsrohitshetty, @ranveersingh, @saraalikhan95! We're thrilled to have a part of you here with us. Presented by @telstra and @hoytsaustralia @filmvic @visitmelbourne @visitvictoria | #IFFM2019AWARDSNIGHT #iffm2019 #InclusiveScreenCulture #Simba #Telstra

A post shared by Indian Film Fest of Melbourne (@iffmelbourne) on Aug 8, 2019 at 4:21am PDT

Celebrating 20 years of Kuch Kuch Hota Hai: Karan Johar

We at IFFM are excited to celebrate 20 years of our all time favourite film, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. To share the love, we present an acknowledgement award to the incredible film maker, @karanjohar Presented by Minister of Women, Hon.Gabriel William with a special performance by @melbournesymphonyorchestra. @filmvic @visitmelbourne @visitvictoria #InclusiveScreenCulture #IFFM2019AWARDSNIGHT

A post shared by Indian Film Fest of Melbourne (@iffmelbourne) on Aug 8, 2019 at 4:53am PDT

IFFM Best Director : Sriram Raghavan for ANDHADHUN

Winner of the IFFM2019 ' #BestDirector' award is the unparallel #SriramRaghavan for #Andhadhun ! Thanks for your brilliant contribution to the Indian Cinema landscape with films which never fail to intrigue us! #IFFM #IFFM2019 #filmawards #filmmaking #filmfestival #iffmawardsnight2019 #tabu

A post shared by Indian Film Fest of Melbourne (@iffmelbourne) on Aug 8, 2019 at 5:08am PDT

IFFM Best Actor : Vijay Sethupathi for SUPER DELUXE

Awarding #IFFM2019's 'Best Actor' award to the sensational @actorvijaysethupathi for the remarkable film, Super Deluxe. Presented by @zoieakhtar and Vince. @filmvic @visitvictoria @visitmelbourne #InclusiveScreenCulture #iffmawardsnight2019 #iffm #filmvic #FilmVictoria1

A post shared by Indian Film Fest of Melbourne (@iffmelbourne) on Aug 8, 2019 at 5:12am PDT

IFFM Best Actress : Tabu for ANDHADHUN

Winner of the IFFM2019 'Best Actress' award is the talented and gorgeous Tabu! (@tabutiful). Thanks for years of incredible performances and memories. @filmvic @visitmelbourne @visitvictoria | #IFFM2019AWARDSNIGHT #IFFM2019 #InclusiveScreenCulture #filmvic #tabu

A post shared by Indian Film Fest of Melbourne (@iffmelbourne) on Aug 8, 2019 at 5:13am PDT

IFFM Best Indie film : BULBUL CAN SING

Presenting Bulbul Can Sing, IFFM2019's recipient of the 'Best Indie Film'. Congratulations @rimadas13 Catch the film tomorrow at Hoyts Docklands as our opening film. Presented by @malaikaaroraofficial @filmvic @visitmelbourne @visitvictoria | #IFFM2019

A post shared by Indian Film Fest of Melbourne (@iffmelbourne) on Aug 8, 2019 at 5:27am PDT

IFFM Best Film : GULLY BOY

Presenting the IFFM 'Best Film Award' 2019 to the generation defining film, Gully Boy. Congratulations @zoieakhtar, @ranveersingh, @aliaabhatt! Presented by Mr Raj Kumar, Mr Damian Trewhella, and Mr Simon Hollingworth @filmvic @visitvictoria @visitmelbourne | #gullyboy #filmvic #InclusiveScreenCulture #IFFM2019AWARDSNIGHT #hiphopindia

A post shared by Indian Film Fest of Melbourne (@iffmelbourne) on Aug 8, 2019 at 5:32am PDT

PWC Equality in Cinema award an honorary award) – CHUSKIT & SUPER DELUXE

IFFM Excellence in Cinema – Shah Rukh Khan

Presenting the IFFM2019 'Excellence in Cinema' award to the marvellous @iamsrk. His contribution to the Indian cinema has changed not only changed the landscape but further inspired an entire generation of talents. Presented by Hon.Linda Dessau, Minister of Victoria. @filmvic @visitmelbourne @visitvictoria | #iffmawardsnight2019 #iffm2019 #InclusiveScreenCulture

A post shared by Indian Film Fest of Melbourne (@iffmelbourne) on Aug 8, 2019 at 5:48am PDT

Android & IOS users, download our mobile app for faster than ever Bollywood & Box Office updates!

The post IFFM 2019: Shah Rukh Khan Gets Excellence In Cinema Award, Ranveer Singh’s 2 Films Win Big – Check Out The Complete Winners’ List appeared first on Koimoi.

More...

Latest News in Film Entertainment Forum

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: