Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television Forums

Comedy Circus is quite entertaining

Views: 1259  
Old 01-03-2009, 03:11 PM
Administrator

Default Comedy Circus is quite entertaining

It won't be exaggeration if I say that amidst the clutter of stand-up comedy we see on television, apart from The Great Indian Laughter Challenge, Comedy Circus is the only other show that is well known among the audiences. Therefore, I was fortunate enough to catch the grand finale of Comedy Circus Kaante Ki Takkar on Sony this weekend.

The judges of the show, Shekhar Suman and Archana Puran Singh made their entry in a spectacular manner on the Jodha Akbar soundtrack and the entire choreography had a very Moghul-esque feel to it. Comedy Circus was initially kicked off by Shruti Seth, who looked extremely comfortable as compared to the last time I had seen her hosting the show (that would be a year back).

Now the show had quite a few surprises in store for the audiences. The first one was with respect to the format, where in the winners of season one would face off with the winners of season two. The next surprise was in the form of David Dhawan being introduced as a guest judge. David Dhawan in a very witty manner addressed the audience saying, "Neither Shah Rukh nor Aamir should be given the credit, it was Shekhar who introduced us all to the six pack phenomenon." Moreover, joining David Dhawan as a guest judge was Sunil Grover who came in dressed up as Archana Puran Singh.

Before the show could officially start, Anup and Smita came in representing Season One and put up a fantastic act that emphasized how Indians have a weird ways of dancing and posing for snaps during wedding ceremonies. Then they introduced the first skit that had Shekhar Suman and Archana Puran Singh replacing Shakeel and Kashif who had to go back to Pakistan post the terror strikes. Joining Shekhar and Archana were Ali Asgar and Urvashi Dholakia. There were a lot of expectations from these four talented comedians but I was terribly let down.

Latest News in Television Forums

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: