Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums

Mamik and Chandna to spook you

Views: 671  
Old 07-09-2010, 02:54 PM
Award Winner

Default Mamik and Chandna to spook you

This weekend STAR One’s Horror Nights promises to scare the daylights out of you. The episode will focus on the life of a writer and his son. Actress Chandna plays the role of a journalist named Chandni on the show and actor Mamik essays the role of a writer.

She is on her way to cover news story with her crew but her car breaks down on the way and seeking shelter for the night, she lands up at the writer’s house. What happens next will leave you haunted for the next couple of days. Don’t blame us if you end up screaming after every scene.
Chandna reveals, “I have been doing horror shows for a while now but let me tell you one thing that is bound to scare you as I myself was scared shooting for the episode. The credit goes to the director of the show, Pawan Kaul who is an expert when it comes to shooting thrillers and building suspense around a story.

The location was around one and a half hours away from Kolhapur and the house we shot was around 200 years old. Kaul has an impeccable talent of adding his own bits to a horror show thereby making it scarier.

I remember getting spooked watching the scenes being shot on the monitor. The place had dim lighting and we actually shot in candle light. It was pitch dark and raining heavily which doubled my fear.”

Echoing the opinion Mamik, says, “The producer of the show Aditya Singh makes a concerted effort to make the show look promising and convincing. We hunted and finalized a location that befitted the episode. We could have shot it at Filmcity in Mumbai but the team was determined to make it look as authentic as possible.”

Chandna feels that the character of a journalist has been explored amazingly well in the episode. Mamik too opines that the show is not just about ghosts appearing from nowhere to scare you but that the episode has a story to tell and all the characters are well in place and integral part of the story.

He says, “The story has an emotional string attached to it which can be termed as the highlight of the episode. I won’t call it a tailor made role but I certainly got to play my age with various shades to it. I am not on a ****ing spree on the show. There is a story to be told and viewers are bound to get engrossed in it.”

The actors had fun working with each other. For Chandna it was a learning experience working with Mamik as he has been doing thrillers and horror shows in his decade old career, the latter was impressed with her acting talent. “This is the first time I got to work with Mamik and it was a learning experience for me. He is a thoughtful actor and adds his own bit by improvising on his character. He plays the writer so well that your heart goes out to him. It is extremely emotional to watch the duo of father-son bonding in the story.

The best part was that we got to relish on some finger-licking and delicious food cooked by the villagers”, says Chandna.
Chandna was also seen in STAR One’s Love Ne Mila Di Jodi and her association with the channel goes a long way. She adds, “It always feels great to work with STAR One.

They have a variety of programs but all of them have a youth appeal to it, which makes it more fun to watch.” Talking about the difference in acting for a daily soap the actress says, “In a daily serial you don’t know how your character will end as it runs for an indefinite period. You grow as an actor gradually in a daily show but in a horror show where an episode lasts for a couple of episodes, you are clear that how your role will start and conclude.

But a horror show is little exhausting and as you have to do a lot of screaming, running and panting.”

Though Mamik is not a believer in the existence of paranormal beings, Chandna has a weak heart and is someone who gets scared very easily. Says Mamik, “I am not much of a believer but I feel that there is another world which we shouldn’t tamper with and try not to explore. I have had far too many spooky experiences to be listed here.”

“Oh! I get scared very easily. I put all the lights on when I go to sleep. I wouldn’t want to believe but I know that there are souls or ghosts around us. I am yet to encounter them to guarantee their existence”, states Chandna.

Adhoori Kahaani is the story of a writer who is penning a horror story but the twist being that everything that whatever he writes actually starts happening with a group of people who come in to take shelter at his place. Through the story the writer starts controlling and dictating the life and death of all the six people in his house.

Watch out for Mamik and Chandna in STAR One’s Horror Nights on Saturday and Sunday at 9:30 pm.

Tags
chandna, mamik, star one horror nights

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: