Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television Forums

Meet the Host

Views: 604  
Old 04-02-2010, 11:31 AM

Default Meet the Host

TV anchor and actor Gaurav Kapur, who was seen giving commentary for the current IPL 3 and was also seen sometimes on the ground or giving commentary in the studio.

About the third season of IPL, Gaurav speaks, “This is my second season of hosting the IPL matches. Last year, when the IPL was hosted in South Africa, we had a wonderful time interacting with the locals and players. For me, this year, the IPL is more exciting as it is being played on home turf. I have been travelling all across the country to various stadiums, and the crowd’s response has been overwhelming. It was crazy the other day to watch the crowd screaming and shouting during the Mumbai-Hyderabad match in Mumbai. It was much louder than what I have seen even at Kotla! The crowd went crazy when they saw Sachin on the huge screen. I was standing next to Sachin during the toss, and he could hardly hear me speaking. The match was very interesting and picked up towards the end, when Bhajji hit some great sixes and fours. After the match, when I caught up with Bhajji at the party, and he said, ‘Bahut maza aaya, maine Symonds ke balls pe runs banaye. Uski to aisi ki taisi ho gayi.’

About Delhi and Kolkatta playgrounds he added, “The best so far has been Eden Gardens. It’s one of the most beautiful stadiums and the crowd just loves watching the game.”

About his childhood days he said in the interview, “Since childhood, I have been following cricket. I still remember the first match I saw – it was the Benson & Hedges match when Ravi Shastri won a car. Since then, I’ve been following up on cricketers, and my all-time favourites have been Sunil Gavaskar and Mohinder Amarnath. Sachin Tendulkar came in much later and he is also one of my favourites now,” he says.

Interestingly, Gaurav has penned a book on cricket – on his experiences of the IPL season 2 in South Africa.

Latest News in Television Forums

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: