Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > General Discussion

June 2020: TOP 10 TV Shows, Web Series, Films, Original Films

Views: 6554  
Old 05-30-2020, 04:57 AM

Default June 2020: TOP 10 TV Shows, Web Series, Films, Original Films

Babyteeth | Available on VOD Friday, June 19

Plot: When seriously ill teenager Milla falls madly in love with small-time drug dealer Moses, it's her parents' worst nightmare...at first.

Our Take: I'm thinking this indie-minded romantic comedy might get filed in my brain next to Greener Grass as a fine example of how to completely subvert standard movie tropes and look at life — and in this case, potential mortality — in offbeat and serious and funny ways. You might be familiar with stars Eliza Scanlen and, of course, Ben Mendelsohn, but Toby Wallace won an acting award at last year's Venice Film Festival for his take on the kinda familiar small-town drug dealer character. — Arno

Old 05-30-2020, 04:58 AM

"Love, Victor" | Premieres Friday, June 19, on Hulu

Plot: Set in the Love, Simon universe, the Hulu series follows Victor, a new student at Creekwood High School on his own journey of self-discovery, facing challenges at home, adjusting to a new city and exploring his ***ual orientation.

Our Take: The Love, Simon universe is expanding MCU-like with "Love, Victor," the latest addition to a wonderful trend of high school dramas celebrating diverse casts and stories. If you’re looking for more to binge in this vein, check out the standout streaming series, "Never Have I Ever" and "*** Education." — Vanessa
Old 05-30-2020, 04:58 AM

Artemis Fowl | Premieres Friday, June 12, on Disney Plus

Plot: Artemis Fowl, a young criminal prodigy, hunts down a secret society of fairies to find his missing father.

Our Take: It's been almost 20 years since the first "Artemis Fowl" book was published, and there have been talks of a movie adaptation for almost as long. I remember reading the opening installment in the series when it was first released — a fun twist on fantasy escapism with a too-smart antihero of a young protagonist. I'm excited to revisit those memories when the film is finally available. — Marcus
Old 05-30-2020, 05:02 AM

"Dark" | Season 3 Premieres Saturday, June 27, on Netflix

Plot: A family saga with a supernatural twist, set in a German town, where the disappearance of two young children exposes the relationships among four families.

Our Take: The saga concludes in this final season of "Dark." Throughout its first two seasons, the show has become one of the most refreshingly complex and ambitious series around. Don't let those one-inch tall subtitles be a barrier to experiencing a truly unique story. ó James
Old 05-30-2020, 05:02 AM

"Perry Mason" | Premieres Sunday, June 21, on HBO

Plot: In booming 1932 Los Angeles, a down-and-out defense attorney takes on the case of a lifetime.

Our Take: Though I havenít yet seen the original 60s-era series starring Raymond Burr, Iím sold on this premise: a criminal defense lawyer uncovering the seedy secrets of 1930s Los Angeles, while simultaneously battling his personal demons. With Matthew Rhys ("The Americans") in the leading role of the reboot, I have high hopes. ó Hannah
Titles: Perry Mason
People: Matthew Rhys

Tags
2020, Amazon prime, english tv shows, HotStar, June, NetFlix, tv shows, voot, web series

Latest News in General Discussion

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: