Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Sports News Forum

IND vs ENG: Team India's Playing XI For 1st T20I vs England

Views: 2444  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.00 average.
Old 03-11-2021, 11:41 AM

Default IND vs ENG: Team India's Playing XI For 1st T20I vs England

IND vs ENG: Team India's Predicted Playing XI For 1st T20I vs England For at Narendra Modi Stadium

After some memorable and dominating performances in the Test format, India's aim focus will be to find the perfect combination for the near future when they square off against a well-rounded England in a five-match T20 international series starting in Ahmedabad on Friday. In this gallery, we take a look at Team India's predicted playing XI for the first T20I against England.

Image credit: BCCI India Playing 11 For 1st T20I vs England

For skipper Virat Kohli, the primary aim will be to get an idea of his core group of players going into the ICC T20 World Cup in October. And he couldn't have hoped for a better opposition than a world-class English white-ball side under Eoin Morgan.

Image credit: Instagram Virat Kohli - Captain

After an average Test series with the bat, Kohli will look to put his best foot forward in the shorter format against a strong English side. With an average of close to 51, Kohli's stats in T20 format make for a fantastic read. He has scored 2928 runs in 79 innings that included 25 half-centuries.

Image credit: BCCIRohit Sharma - Vice-Captain

After finishing as India's leading run-getter in the four-match Test series against England, Rohit Sharma will look to carry his form in the T20I series as well. A strike-rate of close to 140 and a total of 2773 runs in 100 innings give enough proof of Rohit's s****-set in the shorter version of the game.

Image credit: BCCIKL Rahul - Opener

KL Rahul might get the nod in place of Shikhar Dhawan as India opener for the first T20I against England in Ahmedabad. In the ICC T20I batting charts, opener Rahul lost a place to be at the third spot. Rahul has played 45 T20Is for Team India in which he has scored 1542 runs at an average of 44.05 and an impressive strike-rate of 145. Rahul has scored two centuries and 12 fifties as well.

Image credit: IPLSuryakumar Yadav - No.4

Following a string of impressive performances for IPL franchise Mumbai Indians and Mumbai's domestic side - Suryakumar has earned his spot in India squad. He might be given his T20I debut cap for India in the first game against England. The 30-year-old has scored over 1000 runs for Mumbai Indians in the last two seasons of Indian Premier League.

Image credit: BCCIRishabh Pant - No.5 - Wicketkeepeer

The rise of Rishabh Pant continues as he has now secured the highest points tally (747) by any Indian wicketkeeper on the ICC Test batting rankings. In the five-match T20Is against England, all eyes will once again be on explosive glovesman to lit up the stage. Pant's T20I stats - 410 runs annd an average of 20.50 - didn't make for a good read and he will certainly look to improve it during the T20Is versus England.

Image credit: BCCIVirat Kohli, Rohit Sharma , KL Rahul, Shikhar Dhawan, Shreyas Iyer, Suryakumar Yadav, Rishabh Pant, Hardik Pandya, Yuzvendra Chahal, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Axar Patel, Deepak Chahar, India Predicted 11, Team India Predicted 11, India Predicted 11 vs England, India vs England Predicted XIs, Team India Playing 11 vs England, Team India predicted 11 vs England, India Predicted 11 For T20 World Cup, India Predicted 11 for 1st T20I, India Predicted 11 for England, India Predicted 11 1st T20I, India Predicted 11 vs England 1st T20I, India vs England T20, India vs England 2021, India vs England T20 schedule, India vs England live, India vs England ODI, India vs England schedule, India vs England live score, India vs England photos, India vs England 2021 T20, India vs England Live Streaming, latest cricket photos, new cricket pictures, cricket photos, cricket pictures, latest hd cricket photos, sports pics, sports photos, IND vs ENG T20 schedule 2021, IND vs ENG live, IND vs ENG ODI, IND vs ENG T20 2021, IND vs ENG T20 Squad, IND vs ENG T20 schedule,

After the retirement of MS Dhoni, Hardik Pandya have shown great promise and s**** to fill the void in Team India's playing XI particularly in the limited-overs format. Hardik's belligerent batting and s****ful bowling make him an indispensable part of India's setup.

Image credit: BCCIBhvuneshwar Kumar - Bowling Spearhead?

Senior pacer Bhuvneshwar Kumar will play a vital role in India's T20 World Cup campaign later this year and his workload management needs to be prioritised, feels former India cricketer VVS Laxman. India's best white-ball exponent at his peak form, the Uttar Pradesh seamer last played a T20I in December 2019. Bhuvneshwar had picked up 41 wickets in 43 T20Is at an average of 26.53.

Image credit: BCCIAxar Patel - India's Like-For-Like Replacement For Jadeja

Axar Patel, who made his Test debut against England in Chennai, has picked up 27 wickets at an average of 10.59 in the four-match Test series. In absence of seasoned all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja, Axar picked up four five-fors and played a vital role in taking India to ICC World Test Championship final. With the ball, the 27-year-old boast an economy of 6.83 and strike-rate of 25.1 in T20s.

Image credit: BCCIDeepak Chahar - Bhuvi's New Ball Partner

Deepak Chahar is a potent outswing bowler but more of a one-trick pony with lack of variations during the death overs. But, his ability to move the ball early in the innings and pick up crucial wickets will give him the nod ahead of Shardul Thakur. The 28-year-old has picked up 18 wickets in 13 matches at an average of 20+ and strike-rate of 15.9.

Image credit: BCCIYuzvendra Chahal - 'Kohli's Go-To Man'

Leg-spinner Yuzvendra Chahal is all set for the T20I series against England, starting March 12. Chahal, who represented Haryana in the Vijay Hazare Trophy and the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy recently, entered Team India’s bio-bubble ahead of the much-anticipated series.

Image credit: BCCIT Natarajan

T Natarajan made a fantastic start to his international career with a memorable bowling performances against Australia in tour Down Under. In absence of Bumrah, the onus will once again be on Natarajan to showcase his talent as the third seamer in India playing XI. With a good show versus England, the 29-year-old pacer can also attract the attention of selectors before the T20 World Cup later this year.

Tags
cricket

Latest News in Sports News Forum