Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Cheer (TOP 10 Controversies, Unknown Facts, Interesting Facts, All Seasons 1,2,3, All Episodes)

Views: 1859  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 06-04-2020, 06:06 PM

Default Cheer (TOP 10 Controversies, Unknown Facts, Interesting Facts, All Seasons 1,2,3, All Episodes)

Story, Web Series is about:
Follows the cheerleaders of Navarro College as they prepare for the biggest moment of their lives.

Negative Reviews:
  • I'm enjoying this so far. Have watched 3 episodes but I swear to Lucifer, if I hear the word "like" one more I'm going to dig out my own eardrums.
  • Good - way to long. A bit disturbing.
  • Beautiful production but worrying
  • I liked these kids. They aren't exactly the Einsteins of the future but they will be responsible mature adutls who know that you have to work hard and diligently to get what you want. I liked them all.

Positive Reviews:
  • I am not from the US, and cheerleading is not a thing here. I obviously knew it was a thing because of movies and tv-shows and these did really mostly present it as like "not hard" or its only "dumb blonde girls" doing it. Personally I saw that it probably takes a huge amount of practice and effort to do it before I watched this, but I really didn't know anything about how competitive it is for so many young athletes. It's insane how many injuries occur almost every other day and how hard they have to work to get everything done right. Nothing but huge respect to all the people involved here.

As for the documentary itsself, I think it really does its job well. The bigger picture is the training for the Daytona competition, but they also take their time to focus on some of the athletes involved and I really appreciated that. All in all a great documentary that is also really captivating because you really start rooting for these people to succeed.

Can only recommend this for people who are interested in sports and how athletes practice, not only for cheerleading but for other types of sports too.
  • There is something so special about sports documentaries-especially when they focus on young, s****py athletes who have battled personal struggles to make a family out of their team. We have all seen the fluff behind the world of cheerleading, but this compelling documentary exposes the hard work and intense regimen behind this sport, while shifting our focus to the the individuals who make up the team and what makes each one special. By the end, I felt like I knew these remarkable, resilient young men and women. I feel grateful to have been let into their lives for a few fleeting hours. And Coach Monica is the heart and soul of this drama. As a former college athlete, I know what a gift it is to have a coach like her.

I binged straight through this limited series. Held my breath. Cried. Cheered the athletes on. What a lovely portrait of tenacity.
  • Even though I've been teaching at Navarro College for 13 years I had no idea about the struggles some of these young people went through. I've had most of them in my classes some of them are the best students I've ever taught. They don't bring their troubles into the classroom.

The people who claim that Monica is a monster are, to put it kindly, idiotic. Cheerleading is a sport and like all sports people get injured in it. The moment a football player is injured, someone immediately steps in for them. It's called SPORTS. If you have a beef, get upset with NCA which makes up these rules and pushes these teams.

My only beef with the series is the way it portrays Corsicana. It's almost laughable. You would think that all we have are dilapidated frame houses and hear only crickets and trains all the time. PLUS we have a very active student body with lots of activities for students. Ellen totally misrepresented Corsicana. As did the documentary.
  • I usually only review things on Letterboxd but I just needed to type out something. This show is an absolute masterpiece. In 6 hours I went from not caring about cheer or knowing anything about it to be a nervous wreck in the last episode. Like literal tears. Everything is done so well on this series. The introductions to everyone, the development, the pacing, the tension, everything is done right. We get a glimpse at the industry, the athletes, the spectators, everything. As someone who competed at the very top of another competitive sport (kickboxing world championships), it was fascinating to get a glimpse into another sport and how hard the athletes work. Just incredible. I have so much respect for cheerleading now.

TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 06-04-2020, 06:15 PM

Default On Becoming a Gay Icon - Netflix's 'Cheer'' Star Jerry Harris

Jerry Harris, undoubtedly the fan-favorite of Cheer can’t help thinking that his late mom is watching over him as he has become one of this year’s most beloved pop culture phenomenons.

Courtesy : Insider

Given how the entire scenery of the representation of LGBTQ characters is changing over time, it is great to see shows like Queer Eye and now, Cheer on Netflix. Jerry Harris, undoubtedly the fan-favorite of Cheer can’t help thinking that his late mom is watching over him as he has become one of this year’s most beloved pop culture phenomenons.

“I feel like she’s very, very happy and excited for everything that’s been going on, and she’s really loving it,” Harris, whose mother died of lung cancer when he was 16, says on this week’s episode of the Variety and iHeart podcast “The Big Ticket.” “I know she’s telling me to always stay humble, because she doesn’t want to see me get a big head.”

“Cheer,” a six-episode docuseries that follows the Navarro College Cheer Team of Corsicana, Texas, a city of just 23,000 and 60 miles from Dallas, highlighted Harris’ signature overzealous mat-talking while also showing his struggle to make it onto the floor to compete.

Since the show premiered in January, Harris, who is 20, has covered the Oscars red carpet for Ellen DeGeneres, struck endorsement deals with Schmidt’s deodorant, Panera Bread and American Eagle and racked up 1.2 million followers on Instagram. Personalized recorded video messages from Harris booked through Cameo go for $150 a pop.

“It’s funny to me because people just want to see me mat-talk,” he says. “It’s just so surreal, and it makes me very happy that people just want to hear my voice.”

Variety caught up with Harris from his family’s home in Chicago.

Tags
Cheer, english tv shows

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

-->