Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > General Discussion

Life After Mrs Sri Lanka Snatches Crown Pushpika De Silva

Views: 3919  
Old 04-07-2021, 05:45 PM

Default Life After Mrs Sri Lanka Snatches Crown Pushpika De Silva

Pushpika De Silva, Mrs Sri Lanka, Leaves Stage in Tears As Previous Winner Snatches Her Crown, Calls Her ‘Divorcee’

Pushpika De Silva, who won Mrs Sri Lanka 2021 title on Sunday, left the stage in tears after the crown was seized from her. Soon after she received the crown, Caroline Jurie, who was the winner of the title in 2019, seized the crown from Silva claiming that she was ineligible for the honour on account of being a ‘divorcee’.

Image credit: Instagram Pushpika De Silva, Mrs Sri Lanka, Leaves Stage in Tears As Previous Winner Snatches Her Crown, Calls Her ‘Divorcee’

Pushpika De Silva, who won Mrs Sri Lanka 2021 title on Sunday, left the stage in tears after the crown was seized from her. Soon after she received the crown, Caroline Jurie, who was the winner of the title in 2019, seized the crown from Silva claiming that she was ineligible for the honour on account of being a ‘divorcee’. She walked on the stage and told the audience, 'There is a rule that you have to be married and not divorced. So, I am taking my first step saying that the crown goes to the first runner-up.' The organisers said that Silva was not a divorcee and apologised to her. National director of Mrs Sri Lanka World, Chandimal Jayasinghe, told the BBC, 'It was a disgrace how Caroline Jurie behaved on the stage and the Mrs World organisation has already begun an investigation on the matter.' Silva said that she was separated from her husband but they are not divorced. In press conference, Silva dedicated the title to single mothers, she said, 'There are a lot of single mums like me today who are suffering in Sri Lanka. This crown is dedicated to those women, those single mums who are suffering to raise their kids alone.' She later through Facebook post said she was being treated for head injuries and will take legal action. Check Out her stunning photos here.

Image credit: Instagram Organisers Apologises To Pushpika De Silva For The Incident

Pushpika De Silva, who won Mrs Sri Lanka 2021 title on Sunday, left the stage in tears after the crown was seized from her.

Image credit: InstagramPushpika De Silva Dedicates Title To Single Mothers

Soon after she received the crown, Caroline Jurie, who was the winner of the title in 2019, seized the crown from Silva claiming that she was ineligible for the honour on account of being a ‘divorcee’.

Image credit: InstagramPushpika De Silva is a Beauty To Behold

She walked on the stage and told the audience, 'There is a rule that you have to be married and not divorced. So, I am taking my first step saying that the crown goes to the first runner-up.'

Image credit: InstagramPushpika De Silva’s Instagram Pictures Is Full Of Glamaour

The organisers said that Silva was not a divorcee and apologised to her.

Image credit: InstagramPushpika De Silva Oozes Oomph in Stunning Outfit

National director of Mrs Sri Lanka World, Chandimal Jayasinghe, told the BBC, 'It was a disgrace how Caroline Jurie behaved on the stage and the Mrs World organisation has already begun an investigation on the matter.'

Image credit: InstagramPushpika De Silva is a Fashionista

Silva said that she was separated from her husband but they are not divorced.

Image credit: InstagramPushpika De Silva is Making Heads Turn

In press conference, Silva dedicated the title to single mothers, she said, 'There are a lot of single mums like me today who are suffering in Sri Lanka. This crown is dedicated to those women, those single mums who are suffering to raise their kids alone.'

Image credit: InstagramPushpika De Silva is a Bold Diva

She later through Facebook post said she was being treated for head injuries and will take legal action.

Image credit: InstagramPushpika De Silva Looks Hot

Pushpika De Silva, who won Mrs Sri Lanka 2021 title on Sunday, left the stage in tears after the crown was seized from her.

Image credit: InstagramPushpika De Silva Will Leave Fans Gasping For Breath

She walked on the stage and told the audience, 'There is a rule that you have to be married and not divorced. So, I am taking my first step saying that the crown goes to the first runner-up.'

Image credit: InstagramPushpika De Silva is a Star

Image credit: InstagramPushpika De Silva Looks Breathtakingly Gorgeous

National director of Mrs Sri Lanka World, Chandimal Jayasinghe, told the BBC, 'It was a disgrace how Caroline Jurie behaved on the stage and the Mrs World organisation has already begun an investigation on the matter.' Source https://www.wikinewforum.com/showthread.php?t=415383

Old 04-07-2021, 05:46 PM

Shocking Viral Video: Former Mrs World Snatches Sri Lankan Pageant Winner’s Crown From Her Head | Watch

After crowning Pushpika De Silva as the winner, Mrs World 2019 came back to the stage, snatched the crown off her head and gave it to the runner up.

Screenshot from the viral video of Mrs Sri Lanka 2021

Mrs Sri Lanka 2021 pageant Viral Video: You might remember the massive controversy that erupted a few years ago when the wrong winner was announced at the Miss Universe contest. The pageant host Steve Harvey accidentally announced Miss Columbia as the winner of Miss Universe. Ariadna Gutiérrez was even crowned as the Miss Universe and given flowers and everything. But Steve Harvey soon realised that he had made a mistake and returned to the stage to correct himself that the actual winner was Miss Philippines. Miss Columbia was left stunned while her crown was taken away (respectfully, not snatched) and given to Miss Philippines. This incident made a lot of headlines and was even joked about when the movie La La Land was announced as the Best Picture award winner at the Oscars by mistake instead of Moonlight. Also Read - Viral Video: Man Cries Uncontrollably After Emotional Song Plays in Barber Shop, People Say 'Aisa Gaana Mat Bajao Yaar' | Watch
BUT… an even more shocking and dramatic incident took place at the Mrs Sri Lanka 2021 beauty pageant recently after the winner was crowned. Also Read - Viral Video: Elephant Fights Arrogant Rhino, Shows Him Who's The Boss | Watch
On Sunday, Pushpika De Silva was crowned as Mrs Sri Lanka but her crown was snatched by the former winner who went to become Mrs World later. In the jaw-dropping video, after Pushpika won the title Caroline Jurie, the reigning Mrs World and 2019 Mrs Sri Lanka, snatched the crown off of Pushika’s head and gave it to the first runner up. Also Read - Viral Video: Creepy Video of A Forest Breathing Has Twitter Freaking Out, Here's The Science Behind It | Watch
Why was her crown snatched?
The video shared on YouTube by Colombo Gazette shows Pushpika being announced as the winner of Mrs Sri Lanka and the former Mrs World Caroline Jurie then put the crown on her head. Shortly after, Caroline comes back to the stage saying that Pushpika has been disqualified since she is divorced and not married and that only married women can hold the title of Mrs Sri Lanka.
“There is a rule that you have to be married and not divorced. So, I am taking my first steps saying that the crown goes to the first runner-up,” Caroline said.
by Taboola
Sponsored Links

You May Like

Support our Cause to Feed the Hungry.Akshaya Patra

Without Your Help They Could Starve Through This PandemicThe Akshaya Patra Foundation

She then goes up to Pushpika and takes off the crown from her head, rather aggressively, while arguing with her. However, it could not be heard what they were saying. Then, another woman showed up on stage and tried to take off the crown along with Caroline but she gestured to her that she’s got it. Meanwhile, the woman could be seen pointing a finger at Pushpika and shouting at her. But still, they were not audible.
Pushpika seemed to be appalled and extremely upset over this and walked off the stage.
In the meantime, the first runner-up could not believe that she was being crowned as the new winner. Former Mrs World Caroline Jurie then crowned the first runner up and all the women on stage could be seen congratulating her and giving her a group hug.
Watch the shocking video below:
The video has gone viral with more than 1.7 million views in two days.
Pushpika De Silva has claimed that she is not a divorcee and the pageant has said that the crown was returned to her.
Chandimal Jayasinghe, the national director of Mrs Sri Lanka World, told the BBC that the crown was returned to Mrs De Silva on Tuesday.
The director of Mrs Sri Lanka World said, “We are disappointed. It was a disgrace how Caroline Jurie behaved on the stage and the Mrs World organisation has already begun an investigation on the matter.”
In a post on Facebook, Pushpika narrated her side of the story saying, “I think, for the first time in the history of beauty pageant, not in Sri Lanka but in the world, even though my crown has been snatched in front of everyone insultfully, I will keep my head straight at this moment of writing and say that I am proud and proud as before. This is just another incident for me.”

Tags
Pushpika De Silva

Latest News in General Discussion