Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Career Forum & Tips

SAP HR TIME MANAGEMENT FULL Material

Views: 30150  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:52 AM

26. Plz tell me the schema we use in Time management and payroll. tell me the what is the exact use of this rules.
ANS:1 Payroll schema is K000, Time management should be a copy of TM00 or TM04, so you can adapt it to your own need. About the use of rules and schema, you should refer to the standard SAP documentation to get started, It is hard to answer such a generic question.

ANS: 2 US Payroll schema is U000, Time schema can be TM04, TM00, TQTA
PCR's are used for specific functions which needed to be carried out for running payroll and time requirements.

27. We are implementing Positive Time Management. We are very new in this area and facing some issues in Positive Time Management. We configured Work schedules and Absence types and Quotas.
1. Work Schedules : All Breaks are unpaid breaks, there is no Tolerance Time and All are salaried employees.
We are going to take attendance from Time Recording Terminals. ( like Employee Clock in and Clock Out )

2. Leave Management : We configured all leave types and Quotas.
Note : The problem is we have to do the Time evaluation. When i run the RPTIME00 Report with the help of TM00 Schema. It is showing Error. There is no entry in T549Q( Payroll Periods) I maintained that table also. Later it is Showing . KNTAG K Determine indicator for core night work. It showing this error also.

You need to update the table T510s, and you have to define the processing types,
We should not use the direct Schema TM00, but we have to copy the schema to our Schema (e.g., XM00) and you need to modify the function QUOTA and DAYMO functions and try the evaluation, then you will get the expected results. If you are clear with this or if you are not getting the solution, pls let me know, so that i can help you more.

Q. Based on you inputs i run the Time Evaluation (TM00) and it is working fine (such as " Absences, Absence quotas, Clock in and Clock out entires, Substitutions are effecting). But it is not calculating Overtime.
Here we are capturing the Actual clock in/out's. My requirement is when i maintain the clock in/out in Time Events (2011) then the overtime should get calculated automatically when i run the Time Evaluation.
Now when i run Time Evaluation in Overtime it is showing as "0".

Example:
Shift St Timne : 09:00 End TIme : 17:00
Actual Clock in : 09:00 Clock Out: 19:30
------------------------------------------------------------
Overtime : 02:30
Overtime Rate : Double
I have configured One Attendance type, Counting rule and assined that couning rule to Attendance type. Later I maintained Time types( T555A), Time type determination (T555Z) and Time type processing (l T555Y) and i activated Schema TW15 and Rules TO01 and TO02.

28. Could some help on the infotypes and tables which are used in negative time management?
The time infotypes which are used for Time Management are as follows:
1. 2001 -> Absence Infotype
2. 2006 -> Absence Quota type Infotype
3. 2002 -> Attendance Infotype
4. 2007 -> Attendance Quota Type Infotype
For negative time management, tou need to specift TIME MANAGEMENT STATUS as '9' in infotype '0007' i.e, Planned working time of your employee.

Could u give the general definition of the below mentionad
1. Time types
2. Taime pairs
3. Time wagetypes
4. Time balances (Day balance, Period balance

Process Flow for SAP Time Evaluation
To the world of a time data-entry person or anyone not thoroughly familiar with SAP's time processing, time management would seem like a simple process. You enter an absence or attendance, give it some hours, and payroll magically spits out a paycheck. Right? Unfortunately, it's not as simple as that. While not everyone in your company needs to know the ins and outs of time evaluation, it is beneficial to have some basic knowledge of the process flow when errors occur or your company adds additional functionality.

There are actually several phases that an attendance goes through before it reaches payroll. When an attendance is entered through IT2002, it is given at least an attendance type and number of hours, yet could contain a range of clock times, premium indicators, cost assignment, or a variety of other information. This alone is not enough information to create a time wage type however.

When time evaluation begins it's processing of an attendance it first has to load the attendance into the time type table (TIP). Function P2002 takes the data from IT2002 and creates time pairs for the day. A time pair can consist of several pieces of data.
The start and end times of the attendance. If none are specified, they are assigned based on the start of the daily work schedule rule and the number of attendance hours plus any breaks.
Pair type/attendance status. The pair type is assigned based on the function that loads the time pair into the schema. Pair type 1 is designated if the attendances have been imported through time recording terminals (P2011) or generated on the basis on the daily work schedule (P2000). Pair type 2 is used if the pair types come from absences (P2002). And pair type 3 is used if, like in our example, the pair types come from attendances (P2002).

Processing type/time type class. Each absence and attendance has a processing type/time type class assigned to it via V_554S_F that will aid in the creation of time types and processing types.
Time event types. Time event types for the beginning time and end times of the time pairs if time events are utilized (IT2011). Example: clock-in, clock-out.
Attendance/Absence reasons.
ALP splits. Alternative payment splits such as substitutions or premiums are loaded into the time pair.
Cost splits. Assignment to differing cost centers is split out in the time pairs in table TIP.
OT and absence pointers.
Number of hours for each time pair.

The next stage in time evaluation will create a time type and processing type for each time pair entry in the TIP. Function TYPES reads the time pairs and references them with customer-defined settings in T555Y and the modifier set by MODIF T to create the time types and processing types. Function TYPES along with T555Y use the following inputs to create time types for each
Personnel Subarea grouping for time recording associated with the personnel number.
Time type determination group set by function MOD, MODIF T =.
Processing type/time type class associated to the time type as assigned by the attendance type from V_554S_F.
Pair type/attendance status assigned to the time pair.

All of these inputs are referenced against T555Y and a processing type (i.e. S = planned work, M = overtime) and time type are generated and stored in table TIP.

The next phase in time evaluation involves setting the day modifier for time wage type generation. This is either done by setting MODIF D= or using the function DAYMO. DAYMO provides more flexibility as it allows you to set the modifier for four day conditions: not a public holiday - MON-SAT, not a public holiday - SUN, public holiday - MON-SAT, public holiday SUN.

Now the time types are ready to become wage types. The standard SAP method for converting time types to wage types is through the Time Wage Type Selection Table, T510S. The table is called using function GWT, generate wage types. GWT can be called for specific processing classes and the outputs can be stored in either the daily time wage types table, DZL, or the daily overtime wage types table, ZML. Table T510S can seem complicated to read but it allows for a very flexible method of time wage type generation in a variety of circumstances. There are several inputs to the table which define criteria for time wage type generation.

The time wage type selection rule group as set by MODIF W=
The day grouping as set by MODIF D= or DAYMO
These two criteria define a time wage type determination rule. The rule is made up of multiple table settings.
Up to four valid processing classes (S = planned time, etc.) are available per rule.
The days of the week, M-F, in which the rule is active.
The public holiday class of the previous day.
The public holiday class of the current day.
The public holiday class of the next day.
The daily work schedule class (working day, off days, etc.)
Specific day types for the wage type to be generated.
You can define time range during which the wage type can be generated (i.e. 19:00 - 30:00 for shift differential)

A fixed number of hours to store in the generated wage type.
When this is completed, the newly generated wage types are stored in either table DZL or ZML. The time wage type contain the following information.
Date of the attendance.
Start and end times of the attendance.
The wage type.
The information type. This is similar to the processing class associated with time types (M = overtime). · Alternative payment splits. These are created by premium indicators or shift substitutions.
Cost center splits.
Absence pointers.
Number of hours.
The time wage types will now become inputs to payroll processing when they are imported into the country-specific payroll driver (RPCALCU0 for the US, for example).
Old 12-14-2008, 10:53 AM

28. Could someone help on activities of Year end process of Time Management?
The activities of year end on Time Management depend upon the configuration and settings have been done for your organization. When you upload the new patches for year end process, you have to retest all the Business processes for Time Management of your system.
Few other activities are as:
1. Configuration of Public holiday calendar for next year
2. Approve & Transfer all the time for current year if you have year end closer for FI module
3. Generate Work Schedule rule for next year
4. Update your quota

ANS: don't know if you would like to term it as an Year-end process..I would add the Vacation Carryover (accrual of leave balances) to the list.. at most places, the carryover is done during Jan & any accruals/payouts etc need to be attended to...

29. We are implementing + time management, and I am using TM00 schema. As per my knowledge ABAPer have to write a program, to upload Time events to 2011 Infotype. If there is no IN & OUT timings, then Absence Type LOP (Loss of Pay) should be updated automatically in 2001 (i.e. LOP should update in PA2001 table) for that day. Is it true or not please explain me. Or is it possible through customised PCR.....
ANS: 1 As far as +ve time mgmt is concerned system will record all the events so if a clock entry is missing it will automatically skip the day for calculation.. as it considers only the events with clock entries and pay the emp accordingly..

ANS:2 Your requirement can be addressed only by a custom PCR.

30. Can anyone tell, If I want to add Maternity leave then how to create eligibility for infotype? Please explain the steps also.
In Img you can set the eligibility criteria for Maternity leave under the Special Absence Data
In IMG under
Time Management -> Time Data Recording and Administration -> Absences -> Special Absence Data -> Maternity Protection -> Set eligibility for Infotype.
or You can maintain Feature 'MA***' in PE03.
In this step, you can determine whether records of the Maternity Protection infotype (0080) can be created for women only or for men and women alike.
Example Men are not entitled to parental leave in your country. You therefore want to ensure that records of Maternity Protection infotype cannot be created accidentally for a man.

My doubt is which value I have to assign under Molga.
The return value for the feature can be one of the following:
o 0 - allowed for female and male employees
o 1 - allowed for female employees only
o 2 - allowed for male employees only

In the feature MA*** we are assigning 1 for female.But in the special absence data for rule of maternity table the options given by SAP are 1 for male and 2 for female. Why its like that?
In the rule table, it is Gender Key. But in the feature MA***, it is the standard return value.
In the rule of maternity table, it is either male or female i.e. Gender.
In the MA*** feature, the return values are:
1: female only
2: male only

You should use below values for MA***:
o 0 - allowed for female and male employees
o 1 - allowed for female employees only
o 2 - allowed for male employees only
Which means that 1 for femal employees. The rule table has nothing to do with this option (1 for female only or 2 for male only). This return code (1 for female only or 2 for male only) is used for determining eligibility criterion.

31.I am working on a interface between time recording machine and R/3. I want to know the time event infotype and in which table is the data stored .
if you want to store SWIPE in OUT then it is stored in IT-2011 & table is TEVEN
is there any BAPI available to update this infotype. I checked a few bapi's but it is not updating the table TEVEN.
When you create a record in 2011 either thru pa30 or using FM HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION (do use bapi_employee_enqueue befor this FM) a record will be created automatically in TEVEN
ANS: 2 The data will be stored in the tables PA2002 & PA2001.
External time data is stored in the interface tables PTEX2000 and PTEXDIR by the data transfer. In addition, the data is read by the report RPTEXTPT (Transfer External Data -> Time Management) from the file PTEX2000 and stored as attendances/absences in the Attendances (2002) or Absences (2001) infotypes

ANS 3: Kindly check out :-
HRTIM_PTEX2000_INSERT
HRTIM_RI_PTEX2010_INSERT
HRTIM_PTEX2003_INSERT
HR_MAINTAIN_MASTERDATA

32. The following is the data format download my time clock on daily (in text file).

You can use RPTEUP10 to upload non-SAP standard interfaces files for Time Evaluation. You can either reformat the source file to comply to the ABAP program or you can chage the program to accept your file format. Either way, SAP expects a few more fields to be populated e.g. in/out flag. Check the program documentation.

If from the time clock, there is no indicator whether it is clock in or clock out, is this an issue? What is the time event type '03 - Clock-in/-out' for?

Yes, you need to insert 'P01'. This works for most situations except overnight shifts i.e. start before midnight and end in the morning. In this case, the Time Eval is not able to links the 2 entries. For this, you need to 'somehow' convert to P10 and P20.
For overnight shift, you need to use P10 for in and P20 for out. The only way I can think of is to change the upload program to read the DWS and inserting the code into 2011.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:54 AM

33. I'm configuring absence quota entitlements in SAP Time Management. I have finished the config and I ran report RPTQUOTA_CHECK to verify the config. A modular window pops up saying "No generation rule selected". This only pops up when I am using the personnel number as selection. What could be the cause of this error?
you can check the decision rules to determine the applicable quota type selection rule group in the feature QUOMO via Tcode PE03.
How are you planning to generate the quotas? Manual or Automatic?
If you specify manual, you need to generate quotas through the report RPTQTA00.
If you specify automatic, you need to generate quotas through RPTIME00.
If this IMG step is configured properly, your issue will get resolved.

34. I am currently working in time management in UK in ECC 6.0. For the Statutory absence SSP, we have the option Occupational sick pay(OSP). But the problem here is that the OSP quota will be maintained in weeks, but the deduction should happen in hours. The Quota of number weeks has to be multiplied with the weekly contract hours in infotype 0007 and that will be taken as the entitlement.The absence hours that are created in the infotype 2001 has to deduct the number of hours from the total entitlement. Is there any option in the standard to have this functionality?
Yes you can achieve this config, by maintaining your Absence quota types with the measurement unit of days. While you can assign the unit of deduction in the deduction rules and counting rules as Hours. If you maintain the unit same in these rule, you can achieve your config.

35. I have the following ask about module Time Management of HCM How can I do to settlement of vacations by year calendar.Example:The employee has 12 days of vacations per year if they are contracted in 01.01.2007 until 31.12.2007. But when the employee is contracted in 01.07.2007 until 31.12.2007 they already have 6 days proportional of the months that already work in the company. For USA rules the employee has the 12 days since the date of contract in the company not necessary as a cumulative for each month worked or proportional for the quantity of month that have to finish the calendar year since the day of contract started.
Did you try maintaining the table V_T559L?
Try with base Entitelements & Quota Generation rules

36. I have problem using counting class. Currently I have to create new working time that starts from 8:30am to 1:00pm(to be considered 1 working day). Hence these are the steps taken:
Step1: Time Management->Time Data and Recording Administration->Absence->Absence Counting->Rules for Absence counting(new)->Define rules for rounding counted absences.
Lower limit Upper limit Target value
Z5 001 0.55600 0.50000
Z5 002 0.55700 1.00000
Step2: Define counting rules.
For annual leave, will have many counting rules, hence I added one more, whereby I indicated the rounding rules is Z5. And introduced a new counting class 4. But at payroll simulation, encountered issues.
But If I set the counting class to 1 and rounding rules Z5, it did not calculate the half day according to Z5 rounding rules. Whereby counting class 1 is already being use by our other rounding rules which is different from Z5.
Please advise how to use counting class? and is counting class used in the payroll schema.
It looks that your rounding rule is wrong.could you clearly mention the values.

The counting class which u maintained for ur period work schedule will be maintained in the counting rule which is applicable only for that work schedule..
say for ex.. if a work schedule rule has 4 hours of planned working time, if u maintain a separate counting rule.. check only counting class in the counting rule in order to be processed separately..
But in ur case ur maintaining same counting rules.. Try maintaining different counting class....

At infotype 2001, for this employee who is set to working time 8:30 to 1pm.
But when he applies leave, if it is 8:30 to 11:03, systems default the absence days as 0.57 and quota used is defaulted as 0.5 days. I expect systems to show 1 day for Quota used, as it has exceeded 0.556.
Z5 001 0.55600 0.50000
Z5 002 0.55700 1.00000
Absence type AL Annual Leav
Time 08:30 - 11:03
Absence hours 2.55
Absence days 0.57
Calendar days 0.00
Quota used 0.50 Days

The planned working hour is from 8.30 to 13.00.. i.e 5.5hours..and ur asking the syetem to count it as 1 day... That means u have to enter in the % accordingly in the quota multiplier field so that it counts as 1 day...
At infotype 2001, for this employee who is set to working time 8:30 to 1pm.
But when he applies leave, if it is 8:30 to 11:03, systems default the absence days as 0.57 and quota used is defaulted as 0.5 days. I expect systems to show 1 day for Quota used, as it has exceeded 0.556.
Z5 001 0.55600 0.50000
Z5 002 0.55700 1.00000
Absence type AL Annual Leav
Time 08:30 - 11:03
Absence hours 2.55
Absence days 0.57
Calendar days 0.00
Quota used 0.50 Days
One more thing to add: I have also maintain counting class in

Config: Define counting classes for period work schedule
For this new shift type, I default counting class as 4, but when payroll run got problem. Whereas should I set the counting class?

Ro Rule Name No. Lower Upper Target value
Z5 Z5 Rule 1 001 0 0.56 0.5
Z5 Z5 Rule 2 002 0.57 1 1
Use Inc. in which ever range you want to include lower/upper limit.

What is lower limit of your range. Have you checked the box Roll.
Yes I did check onto the rounding rules. There is nothing wrong with the rounding rules. Actually, can someone advise me on the counting class setting?

For half day annual leave application, we expect the setting to be 0.5 days when 8:30am to 11:00am is applied. When 8:30am to 11:01am is applied, we expect it to be 1 day. According to counting rule Z5.
1) If I used counting class 4 with rounding rule Z5, payroll will have issue, as the day generated is blank.
2) If I used counting class 1 with rounding rule Z5, payroll is correct, but for 0.5 days annual leave application,

37. Here my client is having external interface(swiping system). Its a payroll specific Implementation, in our scope there is -ve time management, but they are adamant to upload time-in time-out data to SAP; purpose: to draw late-comings and Overtime Report. After steering committee meeting it is been decided to Upload time data through BDC program. Now it ll be +ve Time management. Are there any option to keep it outside d SAP system..n ..keep our Time management---negative? Else if we are going ahead with BDC Program. What are the Information we hve to provide to the ABAP conslt. n what are the Time related Infotypes I am going to considered. Presently they are not having O/T as a wage components but down d line 2-3 yr. they r planning to do dat. Even late comings they are planning to calculate outside the SAP system. Now I couldnt figure it out, y they need the uploadation of Time data.
Reports: Late coming report & Overtime report is not there as a SAP standard report (If it is there kindly give me d name of report or we have to go for development).

38. What is the use of TM04 schema in (-)ve time management. For absence and attendaces we use Factoring and the required parameters for Factoring like TKDIVI or TKSOLL is available from function PARTT (Partial period parameter).
Absence quotas can be generated and time wage type generation and subsequent processing of time wage types in payroll can be done. How will u generate Over time..? How will u generate quotas which are variable....( Comp off, Quotas based on attendance days..) how will u generate wage types......

I have one more query.. as there is the time status 1 nad 2 also in the tm04 schema, can we say that tm04 is used even for positive time management??
it can be used for both + & -ve time mgmt

TM04 is used for -ve Time mgt and is for planned working hours, - ve Time mgt wil capture the any deviations in your work schedule, i.e overtime, Absence etc,
and Time Mgt status is required for the integration with payroll,
Time mgt status 9 is for Integration with payroll,
if u use +ve Time actual working hour u use Time Mgt status 1,2

39. I have 2 questions: (1) I want to configure that 2 different types to leave cannot be clubbed together, e.g. EL and SL cannot be clubbed together. (2) I want to configure that a particular type of leave cannot be taken more than 'n' number of times in a year, e.g. EL cannot be taken more than 3 times in a calendar year.( 3 times in a year, irrespective of number of days.)
How do I configure these? Are these standard configurations

There is no standard setting for such a requirement. Though you can write custom code, so that the employee wouldnt be able to enter leave in this absence type after "n" number of times. How is the leave request made? Based on that, you would be able to customise your code.
Just use the Time Constraints concept. It will avoid the overlappings. So, just go to the Absences and give the Time Constraint class for each and every absence. You will get the result

You Need to Write User exits for that Check HRPTIM03
40. Is there a way in SAP to enter the times in CAT time sheet in 'approved' state directly? The entry is done via CAT2 and approval is via CAPS.
You Can Set it T code STZAC. http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/ba/312f37b5ea346fe10000009b38f839/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/fe/1ddeb0104311d3a54f444553540000/content.htm

I didnt actually get the relavence of the reply. How is changing time zones going to be of any help here?
The need is to approve the time sheets that are entered through CAT2.

In order to approve the time sheets u need to make changes to the data entry profiles used by that employee.
goto t-code CAC1 then select the data entry profile used and untick the option "Approval Required

But I wanted to know if clicking that tick, automatically removes the need of approving via CAPS totally? Also, is this possible to do this for a particular molga only?
why dont u create another data entry profile for particular molga, just copy the one which u created.
And also just go through the authorizations once so that there is no confusion in giving access to the users.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:55 AM

41. Can we write custom RULES for SCHEMA in time evaluation?
you have to copy the standard schema to z type and you can write your rules in pe01 and pe02 as per your requirement
Before going for custom Rule/Schema.. make an Indepth of the requirement analysis and possible impact on the existing processes.. If the Requirement is such that u need to go for custom defined rules/schemas.. then go for new rules.
42. can we configure CATS with negative time management.

In negative time reporting, why you require to configure the CATS. There is as such no requirement to configure CATS in negative time reporting.
Yes, it can be done. Most times this would be done for reporting purposes or with integration to logistics (for project management or billing purposes).

43. how shall we make my absences as unpaid absence ie. if i out 3 days absence in IT2001 it should deduct 3 days salary....I have configure Absences and Absence QUota .. that is working fine...I m unable to find out where shall i do that config..of unpaid absences..
Check your absence counting rule set all days of week and adjust the holiday class and day types according to company policy you need to create sub rule for this .
I have configure my IT-7 .. Rule ,everything they all are working perfectly..I m actually working on Neg. TM ... Can u please provide me some help on it...

ANS:1 have you checked table V_T554C? but do you need unpaid absences in Time Management or payroll?

Maintain for all your wage types Reduction factor is Table no:V_512w_d.
ANS:2 Your quota deduction is working fine? You have to create one more absence type unpaid absence ,
when you enter in 2001 for Leave with out pay or unpaid absence you have to enter the same sbasence type.

44. a employee has returned from leave of absence and since her return Since that date, her time is accrued as overtime and not regular time. need to know why it is calculating like that, where should i go to find it out
How is the Time being entered by the employee? may be he/she is using the wrong AWART ie Attendance type.. you can also check the entry in CATSDB for the PERNR in question & see under what AWART is the time stored.

the employee does not do the time entr and he is an exempt employee so he should not be getting the overtime and this is showing up in the ADP interface this is happening for this employee alone, as he returned from leave any thoughts?
Did you check the employee's 2002 ( Attendances Infotype) in PA20?
the employee deos not have any 2002 records its none, the explanation i got was she is an exempt so does not do the time entry, so is the case with catsdb there is no record for that as well to check in what attendance type she is stored.
the time evaluation is without clock times and using the custom schema ZM04 when i did a testing on another employee(exempt) like gave him a month of leave and did return of leave, and did the time evaluation and ran the program for the ADP interface it is showing perfectly right, i mean there is no overtime just the regular time what can be the reasons for showing for that employee only is it configuration issue or adp interface issue
45. I'm trying to convert PTO(Paid Time Off) from Legacy to SAP . My question is that in which infotype I should run the conversion program is that in 2006(Abscence Quotas) or 2013(Quota Correction).
If its a separate quota in ur system, u can give directly in 2006. If u want to update a quota which is already generated then u can go for 2013.

46. i have a set of questions: An employee has taken leave (absence) for 1.5 days. How do to go head on recording that?
You can record it in 2001, as I can see in your title that you are using Negative time. Record on one date complete absence and on other date number of hours. Before that make sure that your Leave type should have all config for half day or less than one day defined.

Could be little clear on this.
Here we do have working hours as 8 per day. The employee has taken leave as 1.5 days. So you mean to say we need to record the absence as 12 hrs insted of inputing 1.5 days directly. or else we need to record hours as well as days? because we do have fields like
absence hours, absence days, calendar days, quota used
so the above should be filled up as
absence hours: 12 hrs, absence days: 1.5 days, calendar days: ?, quota used: ?

if you have not set anything in the "Absence type" Min--field(leave blank)(spro node:: Define Absence Types), and also in the counting rule, if you have ticked the LESS THAN ONE DAY, then you will get your 1.5 or even 0.5 day leave recorded and also deducted from your quota accordingly.
The above tips are good for the settings which was referred in the previous answer.
Now as you said, you have 8 working hours, it is clear that an employee can not take 1.5 days only on one day, so there must be two dates say 18-08-2007 full day and 1/2 day on 19-08-07.Now when you will record in employee's 2001 record, you can record full one day absence by giving from and to date as 18-08-07 and 18-08-07 and no need to give hours. Whereas on 19-08-07, you can mention only from- to timings/ absence hours, which will record half day absence.

When you have a WORK DAY with 8 hours, how can you take 12 hours leave??
So as DEV has said, you need to apply for half day leave on the next date.....
even if you apply for 12 or 20 hours on the same date, according to the work schedule rule, system will consider as one day only..

It is clear a bit but let me check the record 2001 of the employee. But the 12 hrs I mean to say is 8+4(1.5 days). The 12 hrs which have mentioned is not on a single day.
u want the system to count the absence in hours/days?? pls be specific and accordingly u give the unit in deduction rule for absence quotas.. Check properly the counting rule... for absence type..

47. Requirement : Need to maintain an initial period of 60 days ( from the hiring date).
After these 60 days have passed the employee is entitiled to take certain leaves ( ex sick leave..)
example.. in CAT2 when he/she tries to enter sick leave during any of those 60 days , the employee should not be allowed to enter this type of leave. On or after 61st day , the employee is entitled for that sick leave. Note : the accruals for this sick leave start from day one onwards , only the entitlement is after the completion of initial probation. Question: Need some inputs as to where in IMG this can be taken care of..

ANS:1 I am afraid you wouldn't be able to restrict the option from being displayed. Though, when the employee tries to enter data under the absence type, he would get an error message if you have configured the quota deduction period accordingly (I mean like 60 days after hiring date and other logic that you might want). You can set up these in IT2006, when you create the quotas, you can define when is the deduction becomes effective. This is what I can think of this moment.
ANS :2 Yes , the need is to send an error message. The system should check in background if the initial period of 60 days has been completed or not. As per your reply , it seems an entry has to be made for every pernr in IT2006. But what I am looking for is..can it be done through IMG..
ANS: 3 go to IMG->Time data recording and administration->managing time accounts using att and absence quotas->calculating absence entitlements->rules for generating absence quotas->determine validity and deduction periods. Here you can fix the deduction rules and validity. and based on the validity, the quota will be generated. So, if the probation period of the person is 60 days, and if the employee tries to take leave within those 60 days system wont allow with some error or info message.
so in the above path u have to mention the " Deduction only after "END OF PROBATION" ". And you have to take help from the OM & PA people to update the infotype 0041. You have to tell them the period is 60 days. or otherwise you can maintain by your own for that particular employee.

48. My scenario is on varients in Time managemrent.it goes on like this let me consider that one variant is used for only Sunday is holiday ,2nd variant is used for second Saturdays hol and 3rd for both, after assigning variants how you ask end user to get his report or what /how do you explain end user to use these variants. Kindly let me have a clear explanation of these varients with an example if possible.
ANS:1 the daily work schedule variants will be picked up by the system when ever it encounters the specifie kind of a day. like in your example you said sunday a holiday i beleive you mean to say a public holiday class one, so crate a variant for that day and generate the work schedule rule and see that the holiday calender has a public holiday on sunday. in the work schedule generated u can see your variant getting diaplayed double click on that day the special hours will be shown. you can show this to the end user and explain him this how it is going to work. the report will also contain this variant and the working hours according to the variant.

ANS:2 I don't think that in your scenario, variants will be of any help.
You don't need to use variant for Sundays, as it is not a variation to your Daily work Schedule.You can simply define a DWS of No Planned hours and use it in PWS.
Variants are used when you have variation against your regular schedule of 8 hrs...Otherwise no need of using variants.And these are configurations which are not required to be discussed with end user.
For 2nd Saturday, you need to define 12 holidays in your Holiday Calendar, so that it will be off on every 2nd saturday.(With a fixed Day from date) Choose 8th as date and Saturday as day...

49. I applied vacation leave from 28.10.2007 and 02.11.2007 .on 30.10.2007 i applied child mc leave (full day) it is working .on 01.11.2007 applied for medical leave(halfday) it is showing collision of time infotypes.it do not allow me. any sap setting I have to change or please give me u r valuable suggestion to over the come problem.
ANS:1 maintain TCC 02
ANS:2 TCC settings in time management are controlled by V_554Y_B. It is dependent on the TCC setting against the absence/attendance/substitution/availability record that already exists. You will need to check the TCC setting against this record, check V_554Y_B to see what the reaction setting is. You can change that reaction setting to the required reaction (A - old record is delimited but collision is displayed, E - error, W - create the new record in addition to the existing record and display collision, N - same as W but don't display collision). Alternatively, change the TCC to match the reaction you want to appear.
Q. through function module(splitting of leave -which is allowed for full day in sap) my problem is when user apply for leave from monday to friday vacation leave, locked record is created,when it got approved,lock is released. In between vacation leave user want to apply for medical leave on tuesday for full day,locked record is created ,when it got approved,locked record is released. on thursday,when user applied for half day medical leave,locked record is created for halfday.when i try to approve the half day,(time collision occured and insert is not possible).how to over come this,please give me u r valuable suggestion. or ideas
ANS:1 Use the Table T554S_O, select ur leave type and go to display then change the time constraint of the leaves then ur able to apply for the leave.
ANS:2 It seems that the time constraint setting against the half day medical leave is set to error when a collision occurs (where-as the full day medical leave is set to delimit or overwrite any existing leave record).

You will need to check the time constraint setting of the half day leave in V_554S_O and, if you want the half day leave to automatically overwrite the vacation leave, change the configuration setting to match the full day medical leave.
Any configuration change to time constraints must be tested against other attendance/absences to ensure the reaction on collisions are still correct

ANS:3 A - The old record is delimited, all collisions are displayed.
E - The system does not allow you to create the new record, and
displays all collisions.
W - You can create the new record, but the old record
remains unchanged. All collisions are displayed.
N - As for W, but collisions are not displayed.

ANS:4 A time constraint indicates whether more than one infotype record may be available at one time.
The following time constraint indicators are permissible:
1 No overlapping and no gaps.
2 No overlapping but time gaps are permitted.
3 Overlapping and and time gaps are permitted.
A Only one record may exist, valid from 01/01/1800 to 12/31/9999.
Splitting and deletion is not permissible.
B Only one record may exist, valid from 01/01/1800 to 12/31/9999.
Splitting is not permissible, but may be deleted.
T The time constraint varies depending on the subtype.
Z Refers to time management infotypes.
This is important for collision check

ANS:5 These time constraint settings apply to non-time management infotypes. All time management infotypes (ie. 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2013) have a time constraint of Z in T582A (Infotype config table).
The time constraint setting Z refers to the reaction/collision indicator defined in V_554Y_B. The appropriate time constraint class that matches the reaction indicator required, is then assigned against each subtype of the above infotypes.

i tried the bdc for this functionality, it is not possible manual ,how to over come this
ANS: What are your time constraint settings against the absence types that have been requested (ie. sick leave, annual leave). You can find this in T554S.
Then, what is the reaction indicators for these time constraint classes in V_554Y_B. Is this configuration still as SAP delivered it or has it been changed by your organisation?
You must address the time constraint configuration in these tables first.

It is public sector company, configuration change is done 6 yrs back, it is running on 4.6c
version, I checked the reaction indicator for absence in tcode sm30 V_554Y_B for it 2001
they marked as time constraint class 01 'A'.
time constraint class 02 'E'
time constraint class 03 'A'.
time constraint class 04 'A'.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:56 AM

50. When i set the integration between time and T&EM as enabled and put the minimum of attendance as 90%, the integration works except for the following:
If I reduce the attendance (2002) by reducing the number of attended hours in the entry, SAP does not cancel the attendance of the employee even if it crosses the 90% minimum. But, if I delete one record of 2002, the system cancels the attendee.
Do I always have to delete the record to get the integration to work or I am missing a setting in IMG to activate the hours as well?

ANS:1 Will you please tell wat T&E means? Is it Time and Expense (or) Travel and Expense management....
ANS:2 what is TE&M?
i think ur working hours not set properly, please check the work schedule, period work schedule in which the employee group have been assigned, verify the daily work schedule working hours and break timings and schedule rule(shift planning). check this in spro

51. Would you know of any best practices for validating and reconciling data from an external time management system? Specifically, the product that will be interfacing is Ceridian's time and attendance system.
Better Use Cats else if you are Already using Any device
1)You check with data format in which exist see that it is portable to the sap system for further analysis
2) and for time evaluation in the time management status put external services
3)you can take Ale Idocs if you need to transfer data from one system to another

52. We need to approve the overtime on monthly base.
After the execution of Time evaluation from Time Events(IT2011),generated overtime needs to check by the department head and approved it,
For example: If one employee has worked for 20 hours for a month as Overtime, but department head decided to approve only 15 hours. This process will done only at the end of the month.
Will Attendance quota Infotype will help us to delimit the generated Overtime. Or SAP has any other way to handle this? Or is it possible to bring Time wage amount(OT Hours) to IT 0015 from ZL so that we can have control over OT?

As the approval process is involved you cannot handle this in time evaluation based on time events. (This has no control) There are many ways of doing it. But ultimately they need to be approved so,
i suggest the best way to do is to enter the approved hours via IT 2010 (Employee Remuneration Infotype). This will not reflect in IT 15 but they are directly paid in the salary for that period. This will also helps for reporting purpose and the best way to control Overtime. This is very simple. .instead of pushing time wage type to ZL in Time eval you can manually select the corresponding wage type against each employee and the number of hours/days. You can pay the different payment rates to them via this. You can also do the same thing in IT 2002 by entering the number of hours and then pushing the same results to ZL via Time evaluation.

53. Incase an employee's time sheet is approved in future, and has to be cancelled, what is the best way to do it? What is the cleanest way to handle this situation? Deleting records from the CATSDB doesn’t seem to be a good idea.
Each record that is stored in table CATSDB is assigned a counter. When you change the status it will assign to reference counter. When you make changes a document no is created this will be reference for this assignment Best way is change the Status rather to deleting and remember that there will reference to this record Another way is to put ZERO hours in the time and save create new record

Thanks for the information above. What has happened is the wrongly entered and approved times were set to ZERO in the time sheet entry for the person. This entered record was then approved. Now the requirement is to delete (or logically get rid of) this entry. Changing the status seems to be the cleanest option. With regards to the status change, is changing it to 60-cancelled the logical state? How exactly does one do that?

54. in the payroll processing rules there is the possibility to print information in the protocol using the PRINT operation. Is there perhaps a similar equivalent operation for the time management? That would be very useful, as some statements in the processing rules, are quite difficult to proof, when you can't see the actual results of the steps of the rules. I am aware of the PRINT function which can be used in the schema, but not in a processing rule in PT.
First I didn't get ur question? But regarding time evaluation u can use PRINT function in schema to see the results or changes to internal tables like TES, SALDO, ZL, TIP......... etc. If u want to see the how a PCR is processed or the flow of it just select the Time Evaluation LOG before evaluating time. then go to that particular day and u can see the PCR's executed for that employee. then press F2 on the relevant PCR it shows the steps it executed. if u r not sure just write PRINT after each PCR in schema, then I think u should have all the details u want.

I probably did not explain what I need exactly. I do know about the PRINT function in the schema usable for printing TES, ZL, etc. But what I am looking for is a OPERATION similar to the payroll operation PRINT, which can be used directly in the processing rule to print the results of the current step of the processing rule, which makes "debugging" of the processing rules in payroll a lot easier than in time evaluation. Maybe there is no such an operation in time evaluation and I will have to create my own, or am I wrong?
print exists only for payroll rules.

55. Q) If in a enterprise diversified daily work schedule are there, i.e if an employee is working 4hrs a day & other is working 6 hrs per day, & other is working 1 day a week and the client does not want these many of work schedules. What advise you give to the client
For this we have to consider two issues how the Leave are maintained and how payroll process is going to be for these employees.

It is not the the matter of leaves, Work schedules should be configured at the initial level, so at the time of configuration, if the client does not want too many of work schedules, how do you advise him.
ANS:1 If employees have many different working times, then probably I believe many work schedules will be needed to accommodate all these different times.
ANS:2 Different work timings , moreover different durations, moreover different number of days in a week. it itself speaks that these are different work schedules.
I believe there’s no point not to have different work schedules, as they are already themselves.

ANS:3 If your client is persistent of not wanting too many work schedules, Flexible Work Schedule will resolve your issue. - assign a Flexible work schedule(planned working time is 24 hrs 0:00-24:00) for all these kind of employees. - I hope you know the effects of Flexible work schedules- Then you need to design your schema as positive time eval If your client does not like this idea, as others suggested no essay way ...

ANS:4 If the customer really needs detailed information on planned working time in SAP HR (still a question), you either need to configure them on beforehand (work schedule rules) through customizing or let them enter in decentralized way as data by (planning) administrators with Substitutions, for example through Shift planning.

Tags
sap hr

Latest News in Career Forum & Tips