Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Tech Gadgets Forum

Facebook is considering its own bitcoin for payments: Report

Views: 2709  
Old 05-04-2019, 04:47 PM

Default Facebook is considering its own bitcoin for payments: Report

Facebook is working hard to launch its own bitcoin for cryptocurrency-based payments on its platform that has 2.38 billion users.

According to a report in The Wall Street Journal on Friday, the social media giant is “recruiting dozens of financial firms and online merchants” towards this goal.

The cryptocurrency-based system would use a digital coin similar to bitcoin. Facebook, on its part, has said it is exploring ways to leverage the power of Blockchain technology.

In a February interview with Harvard Law Professor Jonathan Zittrain, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said he was “potentially interested” in putting the Facebook login on the Blockchain technology.

“I’m thinking about going back to decentralized or Blockchain authentication. Although I haven’t figured out a way to make this work out but this is around authentication and basically granting access to your information and to different services,” Zuckerberg told Zittrain.

According to him, Blockchain could give users more powers when granting data access to third-party apps.

Facebook last year promoted one of its senior engineers Evan Cheng as the Director of Engineering at its recently launched Blockchain division.

It has set up a group within the company to explore Blockchain technology and its potential use for the platform, headed by Messenger chief David Marcus.

More...

Old 02-24-2022, 12:13 AM

As we have seen the bull market of 2021, history has shown there to be a following of a bear market in the next year (2022). What are your thoughts so far and how do you believe it will play out.

I think the bear market is still just starting, btc should now be around 16-22k on average price until 2025.

Your thoughts?
Old 06-06-2022, 09:25 AM

See how the cryptocurrency develops. So far, anon system writes that bitcoin will be worth literally over $300k by 2030. Such a price is possible precisely because of the entry of big tech companies like Facebook into cryptocurrency.
Old 09-27-2022, 02:40 PM
Banned

That's true, but for me, the NFT market seems to be more interesting. Not so long ago, I even started to look for NFT projects to join, and I was surprised that I managed to discover many articles like https://envelop.medium.com/envelop-p...c-deefc4705ff5 that helped me understand what's actually worth taking a look at, so I decided to turn to this field.

Latest News in Tech Gadgets Forum