Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Personal Life & Controversies of Nirupam Paritala (Karthika Deepam's Doctor Babu)

Views: 1494  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 04-06-2021, 02:16 PM

Default Personal Life & Controversies of Nirupam Paritala (Karthika Deepam's Doctor Babu)

I'm getting many threat calls and mails lately: Nirupam Paritala on his show Karthika Deepam and its 1000-episode milestone

I'm getting many threat calls and mails lately: Nirupam Paritala on his show Karthika Deepam and its 1000-episode milestone

Popular Telugu daily soap Karthika Deepam will complete 1000 episodes tonight (March 30) and this is yet another feather in the hat of a show that has been ruling the TRP charts for the past three years now. While the show is set to enthrall its fans with a major twist in the upcoming episode, ETimes TV got Nirupam Paritala aka Doctor Babu talking about the show's key milestone. In the exclusive chat, he shared his thoughts about the show's popularity, current storyline, audience's response and much more. Excerpts...
(Photo: Instagram)
by Sriram Chelluri

02/8It's a simple story with powerful emotions

I guess it is a simple and common story with powerful emotions that strike a chord with the telly audiences across age groups. This should be the reason behind the show's success I believe. I think people who haven't watched the show even once have followed the re-telecast during the lockdown. We're ever grateful for the love and support.

03/8I never got bored but...

Karthik is a character with multiple shades and emotions. Right from his love for children to suspicion over Deepa, I got to play many shades. How often do you get to play characters like Karthik on TV? I can never get bored of playing Karthik but yes, as a viewer Karthik's behaviour annoys me, too. Mistreating Deepa believing in a baseless lie for so many years now is something that bothers me as well. But what to do? It is the character's flaw and moreover, serials function a certain way.

04/8I'm getting threat calls and mails

Questioning me for insulting Deepa wherever I go in real life has been a routine. Recently, while I was shooting for a web series, someone questioned me how I could do injustice to Vantalakka (Deepa) and the kids (laughs). You will have to reply to them politely and diplomatically. But lately, I'm getting threat calls and mails and some of them are full of curses for ill-treating Deepa and disowning her. I've forwarded them to the makers and channel and they have taken enough cues and care about my characterization in the show. At the end of the day, the fact that they have taken the show and the characters personally is a sign of our success. I've learnt to take compliments and criticism alike.
readmore

05/8About rumours of Karthika Deepam going off-air

When the show is running on our separation, people criticized that we are over-stretching the show and now we got Karthik and Deepa close, there were rumours that the show's going off-air. We've discussed all kinds of feedback and have set up a special surprise in the 1000th episode. We are prepping up to entertain fans with more and better twists in the upcoming episodes.

06/8Spilling beans about those 'better twists'...

Taking a generation leap was one such idea but it has its own merits and demerits. So, we have decided to retain the same characters but have a new conflict point in the upcoming episodes.

07/8About his involvement in the script...

Though I'm a writer, I don't have the time and need to be involved in this script. The makers do discuss some major developments in the storyline with us before shooting and I keep sharing my thoughts.

08/8We didn't get a chance to come LIVE on Insta

Yes, we want to come LIVE together on social media. It is just that we aren't getting time. Premi keeps interacting whenever she gets time. We will soon share screen space together for something very special.

Tags
Doctor Babu, Karthika Deepam, Nirupam Paritala, photos, South tv stars, telugu

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->