Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Film Entertainment Forum

LOOK: Dev D girls bring on the heat!

Views: 3022  
Old 07-05-2009, 04:44 AM

Default LOOK: Dev D girls bring on the heat!

Hot pics of Mahie Gill and Kalki Koechlin in The Man.

Talk to her about Tabu and she blushes, "Tabu is a great actress. People have told me I look like her but I think it is not fair to compare a new comer with an accomplished actress." It is no coincidence then that she is now cast in Tigmanshu Dhulia's Pan Singh Tomar with Irrfan Khan. She will be seen in a full fledged love making scene with him. Irrfan and Tabu have been a hit jodi and have given many a wonderful performances together. So will Mahie be able to live up the challenge? "I ain't wearing a bikini in that movie too. But just watch out," she says.

The new breed of Bollywood babes are leaving no stone unturned in their quest for stardom. Priyanka Jain of The Man brings you some of the hottest and spiciest new age actresses who don't shy away from showing off that luscious body any more. This week, we present you with the Dev D girls, Mahie Gill and Kalki Koechlin.

Dressed in a kurta-pyjama and dishevelled, messy hair, the real life Kalki is nothing like her onscreen seductress character, Chanda. She meets us for tea, minutes before she can start her twelve-hour rigorous month-long theatre workshop. Even if you were to have just a five-minute conversation with this woman, you would know she is not just a ***-bomb but has the intelligence, which must have bowled over our reclusive director, Anurag Kashyap. Yes, the two are dating, and enjoying every bit of the fame that was long overdue to Anurag. It is no wonder that Kalki's next release is her beau's next directorial venture, Happy Ending.

Kalki wowed everybody with her bold portrayal of the modern day Chandramukhi. It was, indeed, a tough task for a debutante, given the fact that the role was earlier essayed by Vyjayantimala and Madhuri Dixit. Kalki says, "I never had any illusions about my look. I don't have a commercial Bollywood actress look and I look like a foreigner. This meant that I could be cast only in an offbeat film."
Old 07-05-2009, 04:45 AM

"Tamilian with white skin" is what Kalki has coined for herself, as she speaks good Tamil. This French theatre actress was born in Pondicherry where her parents settled in Sri Aurobindo's ashram 35 years ago. She studied in Ooty until she was 18 and then did theatre in London. She had already worked for over a year in the London theatre circuit before she started attending workshops in India with theatre personalities like Rajat Kapoor and Anamika Haksar. In India she worked with Atul's Company Theatre before she was selected for Dev D.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:45 AM

Cover her from head to toe, and she still makes you burn with desire and ache with longing. That kind of encapsulates Mahie Gill's appeal. The only make-up Mahie's sporting is her dark kohl eyes when she meets us. Bubbly and sporty, Mahie has long covered the bruises from her past. Who would imagine that this beautiful actress who has been compared to Tabu, was once married and had to go through a painful divorce, before she came to Mumbai?

Latest News in Film Entertainment Forum

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: