Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums

Colors TV Naagin 5 (Star Cast, Story, Photos, Latest News, Future Story so far)

Views: 21966  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-06-2020, 02:58 PM

Parag Tyagi roped in for Naagin 5?

As per the recent reports of a leading entertainment portal, Actor Parag Tyagi has been roped for Colors TV popular show Naagin 5.

Colors TV popular supernatural show Colors Naagin 5 is already creating a lot of buzz amongst the audience. It has already been reported in the media about Hina Khan, Mohit Malhotra and Dheeraj Dhoopar being a part of the new season. Now, as per the recent reports by , Actor Parag Tyagi has also been roped in for the show. The reports by the portal suggest that Parag will portray a negative role in the show and will play the role of male lead's father.

Apart from this, it was also previously reported in the media about several Actors joining the cast of the show. The show is much awaited for the viewers and the fans cannot wait to see the new & interesting storyline in the show.
Old 08-07-2020, 11:07 AM

Hina Khan reveals she would love to play Dheeraj Dhoopar's character of a 'Cheel' in Naagin 5

Hina Khan, Dheeraj Dhoopar, and Mohit Malhotra are all set to bring a new season of Naagin to our television screens. During a press conference, here is something Hina went on to say.

Ekta Kapoor's supernatural drama Naagin 5 is all set to go on-air this weekend. Given the huge franchise that the show has become over the past 4 years, it is indeed quite the success for a show to enter its 5th season on Indian television. At a press conference held earlier today, the leading actors, Hina Khan, Dheeraj Dhoopar, and Mohit Malhotra got talking about the show, their characters, and more.
It was then that Dheeraj went on to reveal how he got into the character, playing an antagonist for the first time, and also added that the inspiration for the role, comes from the show itself. Of course, he also added just how excited he is and that he has worked hard.
Adding to that, Hina went on to praise Dheeraj for his performance, and also revealed how she would have loved to play that character. She said, "For an actor, any kind of role is an opportunity to play and if someone asks me, I would love to play the cheel. He has a lot of shades to play and I am sure it is going to be amazing and everyone is going to enjoy it given the way it is shot, his performance, and just how different it is."
Old 08-09-2020, 01:34 PM

Mohit Sehgal To Play Lead in 'Naagin 5'?

Reports suggest that he will play a positive character and his character will be called Jay in the show

We may be just over a few hours away from the much-awaited and talked-about fifth Season of Naagin but names continue to pop up in every manner possible.

The show will be premiering tonight and while the likes of Hina Khan playing the titular role along with Dheeraj Dhoopar and Mohit Malhotra is already out and known, here's another major casting update on the show. According to latest reports, none other than actor Mohit Sehgal has been roped in to play the male lead in the show. While Dhoopar and Malhotra are playing fantasy roles of sorts, Sehgal has apparently been finalized to play the quintessential lead of the show.

Reports suggest that he will play a positive character and his character will be called Jay in the show. The show, as we know has also roped in an array of actors to play important roles with the likes of Kajal Pisal, Kamaal Malik, Shreyas Pandit, and Joshna Mudvari among others.
Old 08-09-2020, 02:41 PM

Naagin 5 Begins Tonight: Hina Khan as Naagin, Mohit Malhotra as Naag Raj, Dheeraj Dhooper as Cheel Aakesh

Hina Khan, Mohit Malhotra, Dheeraj Dhooper Starrer Naagin 5 Premieres Tonight.

Image credit: Instagram Naagin 5 Begins Today: Hina Khan as Naagin, Mohit Malhotra as Naag Raj, Dheeraj Dhooper as Cheel Aakesh

Ekta Kapoor is all set to recreate history with the season 5 of Naagin. Starring Hina Khan, Mohit Malhotra and Dheeraj Dhoopar in the lead roles, the series will be fuelled with hatred, revenge and unrequited love as Sarvasgresth Adi Naagin will return to avenge her enemies. The story will also include an epic battle that began centuries ago in Satyug and will fight to fulfil the journey of love and hate. The story is about the tale of love that began during Satyug and revolves around the clan of Naagin. The Sarvashrestha Adi Naagin is in love with Naag Hriday but destiny rips them apart and Cheel Aakesh obsessively falls for the Naagin and thus the tale of revenge, hate and love begins

Image credit: Instagram Naagin 5 Starring Hina Khan, Mohit Malhotra, Dheeraj Dhooper Begins Today

Image credit: InstagramFans Excited as Naagin 5 Premieres Today

Image credit: InstagramNaagin 5: Hina Khan Stuns as Sarvasgresth Adi Naagin

Image credit: InstagramNaagin 5: Hina Khan Takes Over Naagin Series

Image credit: InstagramNaagin 55 Airs Today on Colors

Image credit: InstagramNaagin 5: Hina Khan, Surbhi Jyoti, Adaa Khan, Nia Sharma as Naagins

Image credit: InstagramThe Naagins of The Telly World

Image credit: InstagramNaagin 5: Hina Khan as Naagin

Image credit: InstagramNaagin 5 Premieres Tonight
Old 08-10-2020, 01:45 AM

'Naagin 5' Premiere: Highs & Lows Of The First Episode

A reminder of how the entire Naagin franchise is and has always been about the suspension of disbelief so I won't be trying to intellectualize it and only judge what happens in Naagin world. Here are the Highs and Lows-

The most successful supernatural franchise on Indian TV saw quite a lot many first-evers tonight and that alone is quite commendable. Probably being the only fiction show to be following the format of seasons, the show also became the first-ever to enter a new season continuing from the last one. The premiere of Naagin 5 was more so still the 2nd part of Naagin 4 finale but just about in the last few minutes, it became the premiere of Naagin 5.
So, once again, a reminder of how the entire Naagin franchise is and has always been about the suspension of disbelief so I won't be trying to intellectualize it and only judge what happens in Naagin world. Here are the Highs and Lows-

Highs
In a world that continues to seem rather bizarre to many out there and is pretty much dependant on even the finest actors doing OTT acting, there is a rare opportunity to have someone manage to make it more believable than others. That undoubtedly is actor Anita Hassanandani. Incidentally also the only fully negative character in the show, Hassanandani also is forced to go over the top every time with Vishaka but it is indeed her acting prowess that she manages to make it a lot more believable than others. Kudos to her indeed.

The entries, or should I say, the re-entries were indeed a lot of fun, especially for the ardent Naagin fans out there. Both Adaa Khan aka Sesha and Surbhi Jyoti aka Bela were given quintessential heroic entries and belonging to this world, they truly deserved it.

Hina Khan's entry as AdiNaagin was actually well thought out and while none of these plot points require us to think too much or even find logic in it, credit has to be given to the makers and writers for not only managing to plan a good segway of Season 4 to Season 5 but also keeping the scope of another reunion of all the naagins.

Lows
Granted that Season 4 was undoubtedly the franchise's worst so far. That was rather evident in the numbers the show fetched and even before pre-lockdown times, the show barely managed to just stay in the list somehow. However, that I feel did not justify not giving Nia Sharma aka Brinda any sort of moment or arc to end her story with. In both parts of the finale, she only ended up being a sorry and rather vulnerable naagin who literally knows nothing and is entirely clueless. If you notice, over the three seasons, every naagin, even at her most vulnerable is given some big moment to savor but Brinda ended up with nothing and is now just listening to Adinaagin's story.

While it indeed was a good segway in its essence, the whole rahasya mandir sequence extremely stretched. With the first commercial break coming after 30 odd minutes, the scene indeed felt too dragged. Also, there were two tandavs in the episode, both unimpressive and, in fact, unintentionally funny to watch.

Which moment did you love or hate the most from the premiere episode of Naagin 5?
Old 08-12-2020, 09:16 AM

Default It is already been reported in the media that Dheeraj Dhoopar has already wrapped up shoot for Naagin 5 and now Hina Khan has wrapped her shoot as wel

Naagin 5: After Dheeraj Dhoopar, Hina Khan wraps up the shoot!

Naagin 5 has already hit the tube and the viewers got a glimpse of the new season of the supernatural thriller last week, but the story is yet to be uncovered.

It is already been reported in the media that Dheeraj Dhoopar has already wrapped up shoot for Naagin 5 and now Hina Khan has wrapped her shoot. Yes, You heard it right. The actor has completed her shooting schedule of Naagin 5 and also shared some glimpses of her last day of shoot on the sets on social media.

Hina had a cameo in the show and has finally bid adieu to the crew. Have a look at the post. Dheeraj played the character of an antagonist Cheel Aakesh, who turned out to be the villain in Mohit Malhotra (Hriday Naag) and Hina Khan's (Sarvashreshtha Adi Naagin) age-old love story. After Hina Khan and Dheeraj Dhoopar's exit from the show, the show will be carried by Surbhi Chandna as the lead. Are you excited to see Naagin 5's upcoming episodes?
Old 08-17-2020, 05:03 PM

Default Reports suggest that Simran Mahendrawal is all set to join the ensemble cast of Naagin 5. Read more here.

Naagin 5: Simran Mahendrawal to join Surbhi Chandna aka Bani her fight for revenge?

Naagin 5 is currently the most talked-about shows right now, along with the likes of a few others. Given that the 5th season went on-air at a rather uncertain time, there still has been a lot of conversation and excitement around the show for multiple reasons. For starters, the show saw Hina Khan take the role of the shape-shifting diva, and now, Surbhi Chandna has beautifully taken over.

Yesterday was a celebration on social media as fans bid adieu to Hina and also welcomed Surbhi as Bani on board. And along with her, Mohit Sehgal and Sharad Malhotra will also be taking their roles in the show. While that is a story we will see unfold with interesting twists and turns, reports about Simran Mahendrawal joining the show have also been doing the rounds.

As per the reports, Simran will be an aid to Bani, and she will come to her help in taking her revenge and emerging victorious. While there are no other details known about the character, it will be interesting to see the RadhaKrishn actress join the ensemble cast of the show.

Have you been following the show since it started? Drop-in your comments regarding the same here.
Old 08-27-2020, 11:40 AM

Default Surbhi Chandna gets talking about the thought process behind taking up Naagin 5, comparisons and trolling and more

We got in touch with Surbhi Chandna and during a candid conversation, she got talking about all things show, her apprehensions, shooting with the team, and more.

Naagin 5 has now undergone a revamp of sorts with an all-new cast of Surbhi Chandna, Mohit Sehgal and Sharad Malhotra taking over from Hina Khan, Mohit Malhotra, and Dheeraj Dhoopar. The franchise in itself has managed to create a mark on Indian television and now, the actors have only made it bigger with every season.

As Surbhi takes on the role of Bani in the supernatural show, we got into a candid conversation with her where she got talking about all things Naagin 5, and some more.

How do you like the look, it created quite a stir online. Did you give any inputs?
Honestly, no personal inputs because this is just a huge franchise and has been going on for years, so they know what they want. The two biggest mysteries are nothing but one about who will the Naagin be and the other, about how will she look? In fact, the look was a mystery for me as well and I was just told the colour is going to be red. When I first saw it, I fell in love with everything and I was also excited, much like I have always been about the looks for all the Naagins earlier.

What was the thought process of you saying yes? Especially given you are someone who has tried different genres, was this show an easy yes?
As an actor, I have always tried to experiment with the work I do, be it the bubble girl (Ishqbaaaz) or the serious doctor (Sanjivani 2) and now, this is a fantasy world that I have never tapped. I received a call about 3 months ago and I wasn't sure if I will be able to do this. Balaji and I have been trying to work together for a very long time, be it the web platform or other times when I was not doing another show. And, every actor has it on their wish list to tick off Balaji, and we were trying to work something out. When I got the call, I did not know if or not I am the right person and that was that. It is a big responsibility on your shoulders and it is a big brand, and there is so much excitement around the show, even I had it for this season.
We are only human, and we are likely to draw comparisons when a new season a successful show comes out, it is natural for someone to think is she doing the right thing, or similar stuff. Everyone has left their own mark, from Mouni Roy to Surbhi Jyoti, or Nia Sharma, and of course, Hina Khan along with Mohit Malhotra and Dheeraj Dhoopar have set in a strong foundation for the show. I got another call after 3 days from the creative team and I insisted we can work around some other show, but they insisted as well and it took us 2 weeks to finalize on something, but when your team gives you a boast and confidence, I never forget it. When I was on a zoom meeting with EK and she was giving the narration, I was like I don't know what will I do, but I will do something and this was my first interaction with her, and I still have doubts even though I said I am convinced. She said you will be rocking and when your boss says something like this, there is nothing beyond that, and every day, I come with that focus. I think the online response is good, now how does the response of the audience works out, we will see.

Hina Khan introduced the show, and it was in no time that there happened to be constant comparisons, even trolling for that matter. How do you deal with them?
I don't really read all of this and I always say that please maintain things, because that is the kind of person I am - fun, happy, peace, and all these things bothered me earlier, when I newly started. However, now I feel that people are sitting around and while some will say good, some will say bad, but you cannot say anything to everyone and they are entitled to their opinion. If someone tries to stop me from saying something, they cannot do that. Hina has always been so kind, we have met at award shows and we chat sometimes, she has sent her best wishes to me. Even when the film released earlier, she called me for it and I wanted to watch it. She is someone whose journey is to appreciate, it is a matter to ponder upon as to how beautifully she has come so far and it is commendable. All three of them have set a beautiful foundation and that is how the story was, that of rebirth. The beginning has been different, with two heroes and one heroine, unlike the previous seasons. We feel that we can do justice, rest is the love from audiences.

You've somehow always had shows with great content and response, but TRPs suffered. With Naagin, does it feel content that you're sorted on all fronts?
Ultimately, the profession that I have chosen, of an artist, I am going to be on various platforms, but if I take the stress of this system, I will never grow, and if I cut that out, then I'll be stuck. My idea as an artist is this, I want to have this feeling that I should not get sleep thinking how to get things right, the idea behind doing Naagin 5 is also the fact that it is a fantasy world, something I have never done. There is no fun in doing the same thing! The numbers will be taken care of, we will do what we are supposed to! My challenge is to move from one thing to another, and that is what I am doing and I have convinced my mind and soon, I will experience something new.

Will we see glimpses of the SC from Ishqbaaaz in Bani?
Bani is someone who is calm and is sorted in the head, she is a lovely girl, has a connection with her sister which is lovely and she is an adopted girl, this girl has her own challenges. I hope later in this, we do something that is bubbly.

Have you seen the past seasons? Who would you call your favourite Naagin?
I have missed out on most of the seasons, and from whatever I have seen, I obviously cannot take any one name because I am sure they must have faced the responsibility I am facing right now during their time as well and do their best. I think no one has taken this lightly and everyone has done their job beautifully and looked smashing. All I want is to have a 'patli kamar' like them! (laughs)

How have you been keeping up with your co-stars and the on-screen equation with Mohit and Sharad?
I see a lot of love coming my way on social media, be it for Bani and Jay or Bani and Veer, they see a lot of sweet love between the former while there is a lot of spark between the latter. Let's see what happens, but this is an Ekta show, and she knows what the audience wants, just wait to see what happens.

How is it been shooting on sets with the team and your off-screen equation?
These are rather difficult times and we are adapting to the new style of working, and we have been a little unfortunate because as soon as the previous season ended, the new season began so we never got enough time to settle down. I shot and it was on the air, but the vibe on set is beautiful. Both Mohit and Sharad come with their experience, I am the new one here, it is fun and they impart a lot of knowledge. It is a happy team (touchwood) and we have just begun, gradually, we'll get comfortable with everyone!
Old 08-28-2020, 02:11 PM

Default Mohit Sehgal talks about the pressure of carrying forward a franchise like Naagin 5, the concept of seasons in daily soaps

Mohit Sehgal, who has now made way to the screens with the much-awaited show, Naagin 5, got chatty with India-Forums in a recent interaction, and here's what he had to say.

Naagin 5 is definitely the talk of telly town right now and there is absolutely no denying that fact that the fans have waited for the show ever since reports first came out. Ekta Kapoor has managed to change the face of supernatural as a genre as far as television is concerned with the Naagin franchise and she continues to do so as it is now in the fifth season.

Taking over from Hina Khan, Mohit Malhotra and Dheeraj Dhoopar, we have Surbhi Chandna, Mohit Sehgal and Sharad Malhotra. While everyone seems to be doing a great job at the show, we quizzed Mohit if taking over from a trio that launched the show so well, and also holding up a franchise as Naagin comes with pressure, he has some insight to give. The actor went on to say, "I don't take pressure honestly because if I start taking pressure, I won't be able to perform. I understand that I have a huge responsibility on my shoulder to take on such a huge franchise and it also must be successful, maybe, I'll give my 200% so that it turns out to be better than before. And everyone is doing their best to make that happen."

Something else that also seems to be rather historic with a show like Naagin is how it has brought the concept of seasons to daily soap. About that, he says, ''I think this is good and this should have happened earlier because if people are liking the show, there should be following seasons to the shows and people wait for it, wondering what will happen in the season ahead.''

Among other things, he also got talking about Sanaya Irani's reaction to taking on the show, what kept him away from TV all this while, and some more. Check out the entire interaction here:
Old 09-01-2020, 05:39 PM

Default 'Naagin 5' Actor Kajal Pisal on Trend of Younger Actors Playing Moms

Pisal believes that it is now a trend for younger actors to play mother's on-screen. Pisal currently stars in Naagin 5 as the mother to Mohit Sehgal's character.

If there's one thing specifically that Indian TV has been constantly marked for over the years, it is the sheer suspension of disbelief it seemingly manages to attain all the time in terms of its actors playing roles way above and beyond their ages.

Usually, it is the female actors that go through it where we have seen how multiple fairly young actresses end up playing mothers and at times, even grandmothers to actors who are either of their same age or around.

However, when it comes to actor Kajal Pisal, she believes that it is now a trend for younger actors to play mother's on-screen. Pisal currently stars in Naagin 5 as the mother to Mohit Sehgal's character and in an interview with IWMbuzz, she opened up on the same.

She said, “Naagin is a very popular show. Who will not want to be part of the brand? I am looking forward to this stint. I am new to this supernatural genre too. I have cried a lot in the drama shows (smiles). So life is offering me a change now (smiles).”

On the motherly role she said, “There’s nothing to worry about. It is a trend now for the younger actresses to play mothers (smiles). In real life, you need to turn older to become a mom. But on TV, even when you are 25, you can become a mom. It is a super-fast generation on TV. So I am happy with my role. The only thing that matters is that you need to be true to your character.”

Having been in Saath Nibhana Saathiya before, when asked if she got a call for its Season 2, she said, “Yes, I did get a call. But I am committed to Naagin now (smiles). I saw the promo and it looks good. Best of luck to the team!!”

Tags
anita hassanandani, colors tv, dipika kakar, ekta kapoor, Naagin 5, Naagin 5 Date, Naagin 5 First Episode, Naagin 5 Star Cast, Naagin 5 Star Cast List, Naagin 5 Start Date, Naagin 5 Story, Naagin 5 when starts, Naagin Season 5, nia sharma, rashami desai, Shivin Narang, tv shows, Vijayendra Kumeria

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: