Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Stars Life after NDTV Imagine's Ramayan (2008)

Views: 21551  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 06-08-2020, 11:49 AM

Default 'Then and Now' pictures of the cast of Ramayan 2008!

Let’s take a look how the lead actors of the iconic mythological show Ramayan actually look like now.

It has been 12 Years since ‘Ramayan’ that was directed by Anand Sagar was first aired on TV. The audience fell in love with each character. But very few knew who the young artists were behind those roles. Thanks to time and the era of re-runs we are aware of names like Gurmeet Choudhary, Debina Bonnerjee, Ankit Arora, Daya Shankar Pandey, Akhilendra Mishra, Punkaj Kalraa and Vikram Mastal who have come far in their career. This mythological drama is reaching more people than ever before during its re-run on Dangal TV.

Let’s take a look how the lead actors actually look like now.

Gurmeet Choudhary as Ram

Debina Bonnerjee as Sita

Ankit Arora as Lakshman

Akhilendra Mishra as Ravana

Vikram Mastal as Hanuman

Daya Shankar Pandey as a Boatman

Anwar Khan as Bali and Sugreev

Punkaj Kalraa as King Dasharatha

TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 06-15-2020, 08:09 AM

Default Ramayan 2008: Gurmeet Choudhary reveals how eating olives instead of berries landed him in the hospital!

In Anand Sagar’s Ramayan, the scene when Shabri meets Lord Ram has been depicted beautifully. However, there is a back story about performing this sequence with Lord Ram, Gurmeet falling ill and being hospitalized.

When Lord Rama was in exile, he met Shabri. Shabri's real name was Shramana who belonged to the Bhil community. She was also one of the influential characters of Ramayana. In Anand Sagar’s Ramayan, the scene when Shabri meets Lord Ram has been depicted beautifully.

However, there is a back story about performing this sequence with Lord Ram, Gurmeet falling ill and being hospitalized.

Revealing details of the incident, Gurmeet said, “We shot for the Shabri sequence during the rainy season in Baroda and hence the team couldn’t find berries which were required for the scene. The team tried their best to search for berries but they instead ended up getting olives, since they resembled berries. While performing the sequence, I had to eat those olives assuming they were berries and I ended up eating so many of them, that it eventually led to food poisoning. Inspite of this, I managed to give the shot properly and later was hospitalized.”

Gurmeet’s dedication and hard work paid off and the show went on to become a hit. Anand Sagar’s Ramayan is entertaining million viewers once again.mRamayan, the epic tale of promises and ideologies is aired every evening at 7.30pm and repeat telecast at 9.30am only on Dangal channel.
Old 06-19-2020, 08:22 AM

I was 30 feet off the ground with my costume & accessories which weighted 20kgs when the safety harness cable snapped - Vikram Mastal aka Hanuman

Vikram Mastal, who played the role of Hanuman, shares one such life-threatening incident from the sets of Anand Sagar’s Ramayan.

The upcoming track in Anand Sagar’s Ramayan which is currently airing on Dangal channel emphasizes on the importance of Lord Ram and Hanuman’s divine companionship. The most loved and crucial central character of Hanuman was played by actor Vikram Mastal.

When actors decide to take up certain roles which require a set of action sequences, a natural risk of safety is put forth. Vikram Mastal, who played the role of Hanuman, shares one such life-threatening incident from the sets of Anand Sagar’s Ramayan.

Recollecting the experience, Vikram Mastal, narrates, “Playing the role of Hanuman, was no less a challenge than it appeared. Since most of my scenes had to be aerial, I was always tied on a harness with cables. Our shoots would go on for long and therefore, I was always hanging on harness for hours. In addition to balancing myself, which was a task, I had to also manage my Mukut (head gear) which was around 8 kgs and the 12kg Gada. For one such sequence, where I was hanging around 30 feet above the ground in my costume, with all the accessories, an unfortunate accident happened. The cable wires of the harness couldn’t hold the weight and snapped. Luckily, around 8-10 crew members caught me in time and saved me from hitting the ground.”

Anand Sagar’s Ramayan is entertaining million viewers once again. The role of Hanuman in Ramayan is one of the most exciting bits as he is a steadfast devotee of Lord Ram and plays a major role in the battle against Ravan.

Ramayan, the epic tale of promises and ideologies is aired every evening at 7.30pm and repeat telecast at 9.30am only on Dangal channel.
Old 06-26-2020, 04:46 PM

Debina Bonnerjee recollects how she felt while shooting for Ramayan!

Anand Sagar’s Ramayan is keeping the audience entertained on Dangal channel. Actress Debina Bonnerjee recollects how she felt while shooting for the show.

Anand Sagar’s Ramayan is keeping the audience entertained on Dangal channel. The mythological show gave birth to two television stars, Gurmeet Choudhary and Debina Bonnerjee due to their on screen avatar as Lord Ram and Goddess Sita who then went on to become a real life couple.

When asked about sharing an anecdote from the sets, Debina stated “Its difficult to summarize two beautiful years of the shoot as every moment spent was memorable. Watching the show now is like having a memory rush. I vividly remember the first time I got dressed as Sita and as a vanvasi, the lack of a vanity van and the heat- these were never a factor then as it was our first work. Now when all of these are present on set it makes me see them as a luxury which we didn't have back then yet we managed to deliver such a fantastic show. We would practically shoot inside a real jungle where we had to walk and go where the shot would be set up, it wasn't possible to have a vanity van in the middle of the jungle."

Talking about working on her Hindi diction, Debina said, “It took me a couple of months to get used to the language as we would speak in shudh Hindi and the character had a different kind of body language. Initially, I would just keep laughing, it was all very new to me."

Debina also revealed about shooting for the show for about 17-18 hours a day. She says, "It didn't take a toll on my health as we were all young, enthusiastic, and having a fantastic time. When you love your job I don't think shooting extra hours or shooting day-in and day-out should matter."
Anand Sagar’s Ramayan is entertaining million viewers once again.

Ramayan, the epic tale of promises and ideologies is aired every evening at 7.30pm and repeat telecast at 9.30am only on Dangal channel.
Old 07-02-2020, 12:53 PM

Ramayan 2008: Gurmeet Choudhary felt the aura of Lord Ram while shooting for Jal Samadhi scene

Gurmeet Choudhary reminisces the samadhi of Lord Ram which was a very emotional moment for him.

Actor Gurmeet became a household name in 2008 by portraying the character of Lord Ram in Anand Sagar’s Ramayan. Since then he has been entertaining the audience through his work in the television and film industry. Currently, the show is re-airing on Dangal TV and while watching it Gurmeet recollects a lot of memories attached with the show.

Sharing one such magical moment, Gurmeet reminisces the samadhi of Lord Ram which was a very emotional moment for him.

Explaining his emotional moment, Gurmeet says, “By the end of the show, I got extremely attached to the character of Lord Ram. The most emotional moment for me was when Lord Ram takes samadhi in Sarayu river. It was a 20-minute scene in which Lord Ram comes along with the villagers and takes samadhi in Sarayu river. It was a little difficult to shoot in the flowing river. Around 4-5 cameras were fitted to capture the scene perfectly. This had to be a one-take shot. After immersing myself in the river, I had to hold my breath for a few seconds. Since it was a dangerous scene, I witnessed death very closely. In such a scenario we start recollecting all our old memories. Since I was associated with the show for a very long period, I began recollecting every moment from the set. As soon as I took a dip, I felt the aura of Lord Ram and felt as if he himself was standing in front of me. It felt that Lord Ram came to bless me for my work. It felt like a sense of achievement.“

Gurmeet’s dedication and hard work paid off and the show went on to become a hit.

Anand Sagar’s Ramayan is entertaining millions of viewers once again. Ramayan, the epic tale of promises and ideologies is aired every evening at 7.30pm and repeat telecast at 9.30am the following day only on Dangal channel.

Tags
ankit arora, Dangal TV, debina bonnerjee, Life After, ndtv, ndtv imagine, NDTV Imagine Ramayan, ndtv imagine ramayan complete download, ndtv imagine ramayan episode 11, ndtv imagine ramayan episode 13, ndtv imagine ramayan episode 17, NDTV Imagine Ramayan Repeat, NDTV Imagine Ramayan Star Cast now, Raja Janaka, ramayan, ramayan (2008 tv series) cast, ramayan cast, ramayan ndtv imagine episode 23, ramayan ndtv imagine episode 27, ramayan ndtv imagine episode 40, ramayan serial 2015 ramayan 2008 episode 15-32, ramayan serial list, tv shows

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->