Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Full Details Puneesh Sharma - Contestant/Participant of 2017 Bigg Boss 11

Views: 2593  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 10-01-2017, 06:46 PM

Default Full Details Puneesh Sharma - Contestant/Participant of 2017 Bigg Boss 11

Bigg Boss 11: Meet Puneesh Sharma: Gurgaon's party-loving businessman turned Bigg Boss inmate

Puneesh Sharma (Image: Facebook)

While a lot has been said and written about some of the other commoners in the 'Bigg Boss' house this year, Gurgaon's Puneesh Sharma is largely an unknown commodity. The Sushant Lok resident is a civil contractor and has recently moved from Delhi to Gurgaon to pay better attention to his work. Talk to him and he makes one thing clear. He wants to win the show. "I'm here to win," he tells us, adding, "I hope I can keep NCR's winning streak alive," referring to Manveer Gurjar's win last year.

When asked what unique quality he brings to the show and the house, he promptly replies, "Class! That is something I have in abundance." Puneesh will be hoping his class will help him go a long way in the show but that isn't his only USP. He already has experience in winning a reality show. In 2009, Puneesh participated in and won a reality show called 'Sarkar Ki Duniya', wherein he had to survive on a deserted island along with other participants. "It was a similar show and I won there so I definitely have experience and I will draw from that. But another advantage I have is that people still remember me from that show. It's been eight years but I still get fan mail. I'm sure it will only take a week or so before people will start remembering me and that will work in my favour."

Apart from his construction business, Puneesh ais also an investor in a chain of clubs in Delhi-NCR, something he says he did because he is himself a party freak and by his own admission, 'a known face in Delhi page 3 circuit'. He tells us, "I have lived in Delhi all my life before moving to Gurgaon. I was in Ashok Vihar and then in South Ex. I studied at Modern School, Barakhamba Road. I am a Delhiite and like most Delhiites, I love to party. I have a fast and exciting lifestyle and I want to reinvent the idea of a commoner in Bigg Boss

TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 06-27-2021, 09:27 AM

Default Bandgi and I are focused on our careers, marriage can wait, says Puneesh Sharma who is all set to make his Bollywood debut

Puneesh Sharma with Bandgi Kalra

He has managed to tick all the boxes so far — from participating in Bigg Boss (BB), featuring in a TV show and a web series to now making his debut in Bollywood. Puneesh Sharma, who first came into the limelight during his stint in BB11, was later seen in the TV show, Musakaan. He is now looking forward to embarking on a new journey in the Hindi film industry. He says, “It’s taken a while owing to the pandemic, but I am glad that everything has fallen into place. The film I have been signed for is centred around student politics and I play one of the lead characters in it. I am already in Dehradun for the shoot.”

While he has his eyes set on greener pastures, Puneesh isn’t the one to abandon the small screen. He feels fortunate to have got an opportunity to act in a film, but is certain about not taking a break from TV. He shares, “Television has given me a lot and whatever I am today is because of the medium. Mujhe BB aur Salman Khan ne banaaya hai jo bhi main hoon. Uske baad hi mujhe show aur web series mili aur aaj film mili hai. I have realised that after participating in BB, a lot of celebrities quit television and start eyeing Bollywood. However, I don’t agree with this approach. I love television and love the way the industry functions. A lot of people find it difficult, but there is no fun if there are no challenges. Even if my debut film puts me out there, I will still take up a character in a TV show if it intrigues and excites me.”

On the personal front, the actor is going strong with his ladylove, Bandgi Kalra. The two were seen together on BB four years ago. Given that reality shows are infamous for prompting participants to fake love in a bid to stay in the limelight, Puneesh, too, had to face aspersions from others on his relationship with Bandgi. He says, “Everyone claimed that our relationship was just for the reality show. We got out of the house four years ago and are still together. Hum ek doosre ke saath utne hi khush hain jaise show mein the. Utna hi hamaara relationship fresh hai jitna chaar saal pehle tha. We love each other and love being together. She is my best friend and has been a catalyst in my success. She is intelligent, smart, and caring. Aisi ladki kahaan milegi?

Now that he believes that she is the perfect girl for him, do they discuss marriage? “Both of us want to focus on our careers

at the moment. I have just got my first film without any connections in the industry. I would like to be settled in my career first and give myself a couple of years. When I have the right person in my life, marriage can wait. If we like each other, what’s the rush?” he signs off.

Tags
puneesh sharma

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->