Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

TOP 10 Controveries of Gulki Joshi

Views: 1339  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 05-20-2023, 07:01 PM

Default TOP 10 Controveries of Gulki Joshi

Gulki Joshi, who is known for playing versatile roles and is loved as Haseena Malik from Maddam Sir is currently enjoying her break after entertaining fans for three years on the show. The actress recently spoke to ETimes TV exclusively about what she misses about the show, her takeaway from the role of Haseena Malik, comparisons with Kavita Kaushik and more. Gulki also opened up about the phase when she had no work and had plans of quitting acting and the industry. However, Maddam Sir happened to her and there was no looking back. The actress did not shy away from sharing more about her rejection phase and what she learned from it. (Photo: Instagram)
readmore

Missing being Haseena Malik from Maddam Sir

What I miss about the show is shooting with all of them. But other than that we are in touch and we keep meeting each other. Recently, we met and we even shared videos from our reunion. So the love and bond is still there. I miss shooting for Maddam Sir and being the character Haseena Malik. (Photo: Instagram)

Old 05-20-2023, 07:01 PM

Haseena has changed me and made me who I am and completed my personality

When I started shooting for the show I could see the stark difference between Haseena Malik and Gulki Joshi. But after three years of playing the role it has merged. Haseena has become a part of me, my personality. Knowingly or unknowingly now whenever I deal with some situation whether too happy, sad or exciting, I think Haseena has become the voice in my head. She tells me to calm down, relax, everything will be alright. And I suddenly realised I was not like this. Haseena has changed me and made me who I am and completed my personality. It has become me and I like it because it is one of the best characters that I’ve played so far. (Photo: Instagram)

​I’ve been a fan of Kavita Kaushik and have grown up watching FIR

Personally, I’ve been a fan of Kavita Kaushik and have grown up watching FIR and Maine shayad bachpan mein hi after watching her show, I manifested that I want to do a kickass role like this on television. The role was full of swag, style, comedy and string. I think that’s why I attracted Maddam Sir in my life. (Photo: Instagram)

​I had doubts if people would accept Maddam Sir before signing it

Honestly, till the time I did not know about the show and character, I was not fully convinced. I felt it was just another cop comedy show and I had doubts if people would accept me and the show. Initially, I had apprehension but after the show's first episode was telecast at that time I was like this is something else and has not happened before. FIR is a cult show and nobody can touch it and I felt this is going to be the next cult show. (Photo: Instagram)

​I had no work for a long time and I was getting insecure

Right before Maddam Sir happened, I was about to quit the industry and acting. I had no work for a long time and I was getting insecure. Everyone goes through this phase and people around me at that point had a lot of work. I started to think I made a mistake as I rejected a lot of work because I wanted to chill, travel and now I am not getting any work. I felt I made a colossal mistake for my career. I felt I’d learnt my lesson and I decided to wrap up everything in India and study abroad and do something else with my life. (Photo: Instagram)

​I'd rejected a lot of work to chill and travel

As I was about to get into the process of wrapping up everything and moving away, I was offered Maddam Sir. I remember I’d very reluctantly auditioned for it as I was not confident if I would get it or not. But rest is history. I’d planned to do a course in Global MBA and get settled abroad. That day I realised nobody can take away what is written in your destiny. (Photo: Instagram)

​Gulki opens up about facing rejections, "Was told shayad aap ko maid ke role ke liye bulaya hoga"

I’ve gone through many rejections especially in the beginning of my career. When you go for open auditions they look at you and inform you if you fit the role or not. So I’ve been told that I’m not fit for a role. I still remember I had done two shows Naadan Parindey and Phir Subah Hogi and had gone for an audition for a lead role and there the person told me “nahi nahi lead nahi shayad aap ko maid ke role ke liye bulaya hoga”. I was taken aback and sat there. But the person who had called me came there, he cleared the confusion and they were very apologetic about it. I felt bad but it also made me realise how the world is. (Photo: Instagram)

​How strong Haseena Malik made her as a person

Initially, I would get affected and hurt when people judged me for my appearance but thanks to Haseena Malik I realised once you know your strength that you have inside then you don’t have to prove it to others. Once you really know who you are, I know how strong your, about my complexion, about your strength and you accept who you are than you stop thinking about other’s comments. (Photo: Instagram)

Tags
Gulki Joshi, photos, tv stars

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->