Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Sports News Forum

Jeev sweeps Asian golf's top honours

Views: 2813  
Old 12-24-2008, 07:36 PM

Thumbs up Jeev sweeps Asian golf's top honours

Next >

India's Jeev Milkha Singh won two main awards at the Asian Tour's Awards Gala 2008 on Sunday night to cap a magical season.

Post a comment The 37-year-old was toasted by his peers after he was named the Players' Player of the Year, adding to his Order of Merit crown which he won for the second time in three seasons.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:36 PM

Next >

Singh enjoyed a stellar year, winning four titles around the globe including the Barclays Singapore Open, which made him the first player in Asian Tour history to surpass US$1 million in a single season.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:37 PM

Next >

Singh earned a record US$1.45 million from 11 tournaments following to one victory and two runner-up finishes at the Enjoy Jakarta Astro Indonesia Open and Ballantine's Championship in Korea.
He also won twice in Japan and once in Europe to rise to a career high 35th in the Official World Golf Ranking.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:38 PM

Thumbs up

Next >

"This is a very special moment," Singh said after receiving his awards. "The Asian Tour means a lot to me as this was where I started from. All credit to the Tour as it helped build my confidence and I am truly honoured that the players voted for me for the Player of the Year award," added Singh, who is the first Indian to win two Order of Merit titles.

He thanked his family, wife Kudrat and swing coach Amritinder Singh for helping him become a world-class player.
"My family and Kudrat have been supportive and I want to thank Amritinder for coaching me and getting me on track," said Singh.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:38 PM

Thumbs up

Next >

The Rookie of the Year honour went to teen titan Noh Seung-yul, who claimed a breakthrough victory at the Midea China Classic and posted three runner-up finishes.
The 17-year-old belied his age to finish the season in an impressive 10th position on the Order of Merit with US$345,823 following the conclusion of the season-ending Volvo Masters of Asia on Sunday.

Latest News in Sports News Forum

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: