Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > General Discussion

June 2020: TOP 10 TV Shows, Web Series, Films, Original Films

Views: 7141  
Old 05-30-2020, 05:12 AM

"I May Destroy You" | Premieres Sunday, June 7, on HBO

Plot: Set in London, where gratification is only an app away, Arabella is a self-assured young woman with a group of great friends, a boyfriend in Italy, and a burgeoning writing career. But when her drink is spiked, she must question and rebuild every element of her life.

Our Take: Thoroughly here for "Chewing Gum" creator Michaela Coel's highly personal story of a promising writer whose life and career is interrupted by a ***ual assault that she doesn't initially commit to her memory or experience. The layers of complexity woven into the series trailer has me feeling this show might be unlike any other. — Arno
Old 05-30-2020, 05:12 AM

You Don't Nomi | Available on VOD Tuesday, June 9

Plot: Paul Verhoeven's Showgirls was met by critics and audiences with near universal derision. You Don't Nomi traces the film's redemptive journey from notorious flop to cult classic, and maybe even masterpiece.

Our Take: I have a fresh bag of Doggy Chow ready for an evening indoors with Nomi Malone and Showgirls that pushes all misconceptions about the movie being a flop down a flight of stairs. — Arno
Old 05-30-2020, 05:13 AM

"13 Reasons Why" | Premieres Friday, June 5, on Netflix

Plot: Before Liberty High School's senior class graduates, the crew bands together to keep a dangerous secret buried and try to make peace with the past four years.

Our Take: Getting to know the students of Liberty High has been an emotional rollercoaster, but this drama-filled series keeps reeling me back in. I’ll inevitably binge the final season to see how the high-intensity storylines pan out, and though there aren’t plans for spin-off shows, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a series documenting Clay Jensen’s college life pop up in the future. — Hannah
Old 05-30-2020, 05:13 AM

Yourself and Yours | Available on VOD Friday, June 5

Plot: Youngsoo and Minjung break up on bad terms. The next day, Youngsoo tries to find Minjung, as his ex has a series of encounters with other men. But to them, it seems she’s not herself.

Our Take: So cool to see prolific South Korean director Hong Sangsoo's profile continue to rise worldwide, as three of his recent works were picked up by Cinema Guild and will be made available on VOD and through virtual screenings. Aside from this comedy about fidelity (and drinking), I suggest adding Right Now, Wrong Then and Night and Day to your watchlist. — Arno
Old 05-30-2020, 05:14 AM

Penguin | Premieres Friday, June 19, on Prime Video

Plot: A spine-chilling tale of a pregnant mother who sets out on a dangerous mission to unravel a mystery and save her loved ones.

Our Take: With the plot of this suspenseful thriller under wraps, I'm looking forward to the talented Keerthy Suresh working with critically acclaimed director-turned-producer Karthik Subbaraj. — Sneha
Old 05-30-2020, 05:15 AM

"Bulletproof" | Season 2 Premieres Wednesday, June 10, on The CW

Plot: An action-packed, British cop drama that unites big, emotional stories with blood-pumping stunt sequences. It follows two undercover cops who are best friends bonded by the same moral code, despite their very different backgrounds.

Our Take: If you’re a fan of witty, buddy-cop dramas, over-the-top action, non-stop banter, and super-charming leads, this is the under-the-radar series that you should check out this month. I so love these guys. — Vanessa
Old 05-30-2020, 05:16 AM

"RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars" | Season 5 Premieres Friday, June 5, on VH1

Plot: Former "RuPaul's Drag Race" contestants return to the main stage to compete for a spot in the Drag Race Hall of Fame.

Our Take: I need a palette cleanser after the Sherry Pie controversy diminished the otherwise fabulous Season 12 of "RuPaul's Drag Race." Savvy maneuvering on Ru's part to spin up an All Stars season a mere week after "RPDR" crowns its winner. — Arno
Old 05-30-2020, 05:16 AM

"Taste the Nation with Padma Lakshmi" | Premieres Friday, June 19, on Hulu

Plot: Host Padma Lakshmi takes audiences on a journey across America, exploring the rich and diverse food culture of various immigrant groups, seeking out the people who have so heavily shaped what American food is today.

Our Take: Through her illustrative descriptions and deep knowledge of ingredients from around the globe, Padma has a way of making viewers feel as though they’re enjoying a meal right alongside her. As host of Bravo’s competitive "Top Chef" series, she allows us to imagine the tastes, textures, and scents of the dishes that she experiences, and I’m hungry for more of that in this new show. Plus, I’m excited to see her take off her judge's hat, have a beer, and loosen up a bit! — Hannah
Old 05-30-2020, 05:17 AM

Penguin | Premieres Friday, June 19, on Prime Video

Plot: A spine-chilling tale of a pregnant mother who sets out on a dangerous mission to unravel a mystery and save her loved ones.

Our Take: With the plot of this suspenseful thriller under wraps, I'm looking forward to the talented Keerthy Suresh working with critically acclaimed director-turned-producer Karthik Subbaraj. — Sneha

Tags
2020, Amazon prime, english tv shows, HotStar, June, NetFlix, tv shows, voot, web series

Latest News in General Discussion

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: