Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Star Plus TV Show - Anupamaa Latest News, Future New Story, New Star Cast

Views: 36865  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 07-09-2020, 11:24 AM

Mehul Nisar Joins the cast of Star Plus Anupama!

Star Plus is all set to launch its new show Anupama. The show will be premiered on 13 July. The latest we hear is that Mehul Nisar has been roped in to play one of the pivotal roles in the show.

Star Plus is all set to launch its new show Anupama. The show will be premiered on 13 July. Anupama is a show which will tell the exceptional story of sacrifice and love. Despite being an ideal wife, bahu, and mother, Anupama never gets the respect that she deserves.

And the makers are leaving no stone unturned to make the show interesting. The latest we hear is that Actor Mehul Nisar has been roped in to play one of the pivotal roles in the show. Mehul who rose to fame with Hip Hip Hurray and was then part of popular shows like Kaisi Hai Yaariyan, Bahu Hamari Rajnikant, and Qayamt Ki Raat will be seen playing Anupama's brother in the show. It will be one of the important characters in the show.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 07-09-2020, 11:35 AM

Annu Kapoor Joins Rupali Ganguly & Sudhanshu Pandey starrer 'Anupamaa'

As per the reports of a leading portal, Actor Annu Kapoor will be seen in Star Plus upcoming show Anupamaa and will be seen playing an important role in the show.

Courtesy : Spotboye.com

Star Plus is all set for the launch of it's upcoming show 'Anupamaa'. The show stars Sudhanshu Pandey and Rupali Ganguly in the lead roles and it will premiere on 13th July. We at India Forums had recently reported about Actor Mehul Nisar bagging a role in the show. Mehul will be seen playing the role of Anupamaa's brother in the show.

Now, as per the latest reports by Spotboye.com, Actor Annu Kapoor will also be seen in the show. He has been a part of several popular films and shows and is one of the most prominent names in the industry. A source close to the portal states that Annu Kapoor has already started shooting for the show and it was just yesterday when they shot for his first sequence with protagonist Rupali Ganguly. As per the reports, his character in the show will be extremely entertaining and he will play a crucial role in Anupamaa's life.

Anupamaa is a show which will tell the exceptional story of sacrifice and love. Despite being an ideal wife, bahu, and mother, Anupamaa never gets the respect that she deserves.
Old 07-14-2020, 09:18 AM

Rupali Ganguly Shines In This Tailor-Made Character; While 'Anupamaa' Doesn't Deliver Entirely

Set in a financially settled and secure large family, the story is about Anupamaa Zaveri Shah (Ganguly) who is married in this household to Vanraj Shah (Pandey). She has three grown children that are entirely dependant on her, a cunning and stereotypical mother-in-law, and a supportive and loving father-in-law too.

Set in a financially settled and secure large family, the story is about Anupamaa Zaveri Shah (Ganguly) who is married in this household to Vanraj Shah (Pandey). She has three grown children that are entirely dependant on her, a cunning and stereotypical mother-in-law, and a supportive and loving father-in-law too. Star Plus currently had a set of returning shows but there is one show that made its debut in this lineup and that is Rajan Shahi's latest venture, Anupamaa. The show is an official remake of the Bengali series, Sreemoyee.

Starring a returning Rupali Ganguly and rarely seen Sudhanshu Pandey in lead roles, the show has arrived in times of people isolated to their homes, and another family drama might or might not be what they are looking for. Having watched the debut episode, here's what we thought of it-

Set in a financially settled and secure large family, the story is about Anupamaa Zaveri Shah (Ganguly) who is married in this household to Vanraj Shah (Pandey). She has three grown children that are entirely dependant on her, a cunning and stereotypical mother-in-law, and a supportive and loving father-in-law too. The first episode does one thing really well - and that is - establishment. It chooses to not beat around the bush too much and lets the viewers know that it is a show about a woman that practically runs the whole house, everyone is dependant on her, doesn't think about herself at all, and still has no respect from her husband and mother-in-law whatsoever. Amidst all this, she somehow manages to rekindle with a passion which she sacrificed after marriage - and that is her love for Kathak dancing.

Here are the moments where Anupamaa shines the best - The nuances. Even in one episode, the show manages to intricately yet effectively play the nuances amazingly well. Be it how a couple of her children take her for granted and bemoan her so easily that they don't even realize they are doing something wrong here. And hence, you don't hate the children but just understand the ingrained mentality of kids that they adapt growing up. The silent reactions made by Ganguly when they belittle her and her fantastic comebacks which not demeaning but, in fact, endearing is where the show shines the most. There are other issues that are unforcefully reflected upon which include - patriarchy, verbal domestic abuse, and even harassment.

In spite of these factors, the show falters in several places more often than not. What it lacks the most is - novelty. We have seen umpteen dramas in shows as well as films that hover around the same topic. In fact, the first 15 minutes of Anupamaa feel exactly like a rehashed version of English Vinglish starring Sridevi. Apart from this, the other thing where it feels repetitive is the characterization. Of course, I am not judging the character as it is a character in a fiction show after all. However, the token cunning mother-in-law and a supportive father-in-law is a stereotypical idea right from films from the 80s-90s. In today's times, no matter how regressive some members of the family can be, if there is one authority who supports the good, he usually has more say in a situation. (Even though that is shown in the precap where the father-in-law slams his son but the fact that he let it happen in the first place is a problem).

Ganguly is one of the finest actors the small screen has and this character is almost tailor-made for her. Her ability to perform a vulnerable woman who deals with an inferiority complex and has immense loss of self-respect and confidence is spot on. As a viewer, you instantly sympathize with her and almost feel like entering her house to school her pathetic husband and mother-in-law. Pandey does his job well, where his attractive persona is exactly what is needed for the character of Vanraj, as he is egoistic, selfish, rude and everything wrong you can imagine. Arvind Vaidya as the supportive father-in-law and a radiant Jaswir Kaur as Anupamaa's friend are great additions too.
Old 08-11-2020, 09:10 AM

Default Rupali Ganguly is elated to perform Hawa Hawai in Anupamaa

Anupamaa has a lot of song and dance sequences which helps the show to go forward from time to time. Recently one of the cult songs of Hindi films Hawa Hawai from Mr. India has been shot with Rupali Ganguly.

Rajan Shahi’s Anupamaa is being appreciated and accepted by the audience. The show has been talk of the town for various reasons, whether it is the perfect casting of the lead Anupamaa by Rupali Ganguly and Vanraj by Sudhanshu Pandey with a stellar supporting cast or the high emotional connect with the audience are glued to the show.

Anupamaa has a lot of song and dance sequences which helps the show to go forward from time to time. Recently one of the cult songs of Hindi films Hawa Hawai from Mr. India has been shot with Rupali Ganguly.

Speaking about the whole experience of shooting Hawa Hawai Rupali says, "There is nobody in this world who can match steps with Sridevi. Thanks to Rajan Shahi who has given me so many opportunities in the show. I can’t thank him enough. Through Anupamaa all of my dreams and wishes are coming true.

I remember I have seen Mr. India as a trial show in Ajanta. It was a full house so all the kids were sitting down and then, later on, I have seen the film at Satyam theatre. In fact, I want my kid to watch Mr. India as his first film. You can't remove Sridevi from Hawa Hawai. The dance moves of Sridevi were ultimate. In my childhood I have performed so many of Sridevi’s film songs, whether it is Nagina, Chalbaaz or Mr. India - she has been my favourite idol. I am a big fan of her work, I remember when she passed away I cried miserably and also went to give my last respect to her. This performance is a small and humble tribute to Sridevi.”

Along with Rupali the rest of the cast Paras Kalnawat, Muskaan Bamne, Aashish K N Mehrotra, Jasveer Kaur also danced in the song. The song will be telecasted tomorrow.
Old 08-18-2020, 11:25 AM

Default Anupamaa: Rupali Ganguly and Sudhanshu Pandey to groove to Radha Kaise Na Jale

Rupali Ganguly and Sudhanshu Pandey get talking about their upcoming performance and prep on Anupamaa.

The upcoming episode of Rajan and Deepa Shahi’s Anupamaa will see the lead pair Sudhanshu Pandey and Rupali Ganguly dancing to A R Rahman’s popular song Radha Kaise Na Jale. The song will be part of the Janmashtami special episode. Speaking on the song and the experience of shooting Rupali says, ''Anupamaa is giving me every opportunity of living my dreams. I have already performed in songs like Matargasti, Hawa Hawai, and now Radha Kaise Na Jale. Unfortunately, I have never trained in dancing. My mother is a trained classical dancer and my brother Vijay Ganguly is a known choreographer. I have a pair of happy feet and wherever I hear any rhythm or music I just start dancing.''

On the other hand, Sudhanshu Pandey says, ''The song Radha Kaise Na Jale is choreographed by the late Saroj Khan and I had a great time shooting for the song. We have given a very realistic approach to it and hope the audience will like the presentation. Though I am not a trained dancer, but as people know, I was part of a band called Band Of Boys and we used to perform live so dancing is something which I enjoy. It’s been quite long and now I have two injured knees. But I still enjoy dancing.' Daily soaps have no time for rehearsals and performing in a song on the spot is tough. Rupali says, ''Absolutely! We have no time to rehearse but luckily I have a knack for dancing and can learn the steps easily. You need to adapt fast.''

Sudhanshu also adds, ''We have time constraints everyday. Within one or two runs we have made it. Choreographer Amar did a fantastic job. Now the viewers will see and give their opinion on our performance.'' Through this performance, the audience will get to witness the chemistry between Anupamaa and Vanraj. Probably the first time Vanraj will look at Anupamaa with a smile on his face and behave with warmth. The Jamashtami celebration will also see Kavya in the house and it will be interesting to see her reaction seeing Anupamaa and Vanraj dance together.

Tags
Anupamaa, Anupamaa Articles, Anupamaa Awards, Anupamaa Forum, Anupamaa Future Story, Anupamaa Gallary, Anupamaa IndiaForum, Anupamaa Interview, Anupamaa Latest News, Anupamaa Latest Update, Anupamaa Leads, Anupamaa New Star Cast, Anupamaa Photos, Anupamaa Pictures, Anupamaa Post Lockdown, Anupamaa Shocking News, Anupamaa Social Media updates, Anupamaa Spoiler, Anupamaa Star Cast, Anupamaa Stars, Anupamaa Story, Anupamaa Story sofar, Anupamaa Today Episode, Anupamaa Tomorrow Spoiler, Anupamaa TV Show, Anupamaa Videos, Anupamaa Written update, Anupamaa Yesterday Episode, star cast, star plus, Star Plus Anupamaa, tv shows

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->