Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Stars Life after DD's Ramayan (1987)

Views: 10159  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 05-04-2020, 09:37 AM

Default Stars Life after DD's Ramayan (1987)

indiaforums

Deepika Chikhalia Feels Ramayan’s Re-run Is Making It Popular Among The Young Generation

Deepika Chikhalia who is best known for her role as Sita in Ramanand’s Ramayan revealed that her show is gaining popularity among the young generation post its re-run on Television. The gorgeous actress got candid with a leading web portal where she spoke about how Ramayan is receiving love from the youngsters after being re-aired. The show has garnered more than 7 crore viewership, beating Game Of Thrones globally.

She revealed that earlier on, people would laugh at them saying that the show is never-ending and would be ashamed to admit they were fans. "When it was aired at that time, there were a lot of weird people who would come up and laugh about it, and would say how funny it was. People would laugh that it is just going on and would come up and tell me that 'my mother-in-law is a fan, my grandparents are a fan' They were ashamed to admit that they were my fan. There was this discrimination," she recalled sighing. She added that she would wonder if only elderly people were her fans. "But, today I feel the millennials are taking it so well. The generation today is sensitive and sensible. They are learning. I think full credits to them for giving it respect and understanding. I feel it is genuinely something you can learn from. It is not entertainment, take it as a learning." she asserted.

She also laughingly shared that she feels people should stop remaking Ramayan. "I don't know why people keep making Ramayan. Every year they come up with a new Ramayan. I think people should stop that. I keep wondering why do you try? When you have something already, why try to replicate? The narration, the performances, the simplicity, everything is missing," she reiterated. Stay tuned to this space for more such updates.

Old 05-05-2020, 08:39 AM

indiaforums

Ramayan's Ravan aka Arvind Trivedi's nephew rubbishes reports of the Actor's death

The re-run of Ramayan has already gained a lot of popularity and record-breaking ratings for the channel. But recently a report of Arvind Trivedi's death has made his family upset. Recently, Arvind Tiwari who played the role of Ravan in Ramanand Sagar's mythological show, Ramayan was rumored to be dead. However, his family members have now rubbished the rumors and shared that the actor is hale and hearty.

Arvind Trivedi's nephew Kaustabh took to his Twitter account to share that his uncle is doing well. He also requested everyone to stop spreading fake news. The mythological show’s rebroadcast smashed viewership records worldwide and it became the most-watched entertainment show all over the world with 7.7 crore viewership
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 05-08-2020, 05:42 PM

Dipika Chikhlia and Prem Sagar Opens up on the challenges they faced in shooting Ramayan!

The cast of Ramayan, Dipika Chikhlia, Prem Sagar and Sunil Lahri got into a fun virtual press conference with a bunch of media where they shared their experience of shooting the widely loved Mythological show 'Ramayan'. In the conversation, the cast shared some fun anecdotes and stories from the set.

We also asked them about the most challenging part of shooting Ramayan. To this Mr. Prem Sagar mentioned that the most challenging part was to retain the credibility and the spirituality. Prem sir revealed that Ramanand Sagar had studied 14 different Ramayans including Urdu and Persian Ramayan. According to him the biggest challenge was to retain what Ramayan is all about.

Actress Dipika Chikhlia who essayed the role of Goddess Sita spoke about the Jewelry and the heat working on the sets. She also mentioned that she is allergic to artificial jewelry but she enjoyed all the challenges. She added that there were all kinds of discomfort but they overcomed it with a lot of positivity.

Dipika also added, "To sustain the image after Ramayan got over was a huge challenge. We took it as a responsibility, we stuck to the image and took up the responsibility." Sunil Lahri who played the role of Laxman was asked which other character he would like to play, if not Laxman. To this he had a very interesting reply and said, "Honestly, I would prefer doing Laxman only but if Laxman was not an option, then I would like to do Raavan. Because Raavan has a lot of shades, there is a lot of variety for an actor so I would have loved doing it."
Old 05-13-2020, 02:21 PM

Ramanand Sagar's son Prem Sagar revealed that Notable singers like Suresh Wadkar, Kavita Krishnamurthy gracefully took a cut in their payments to be a part of Ramayan.

Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan is once again regaling television audiences all over with its heart-touching narrative. The show airs on India’s leading GEC StarPlus and has roused interest amongst viewers. The beautiful presentation along with its soul-stirring music is a favorite watch in Indian households across age groups. Legendary music composer, lyricist and playback singer - Ravindra Jain was the one who devoted himself for creating music for the mythological saga. It’s a little-known fact that Ravindra Jain was the only one that the show creator Ramanand Sagar had in mind for composing the music for Ramayan.

Prem Sagar son of Ramanand Sagar shared, “Composing the music for Ramayan was the most challenging task while making the series. When Ravindra Jain landed in Mumbai, he first came to Sagar villa to meet my father and sang ‘Ghungroo ki tarah bajta raha mein’. Fondly known as Dadu, he was a true maestro. Often words would flow from his mouth while he hummed a tune. My father, Ramanand Sagar didn’t even think of anyone else other than Ravindra Jain when we began work on Ramayan. Both of them were like two bodies with one soul. There was extensive research done for making the music as per relevance. Notable singers like Suresh Wadkar, Kavita Krishnamurthy gracefully took a cut in their payments to be a part of Ramayan.”

Both Ramanand and Ravindra Jain did a lot of research for the musical element to be complete in all aspects. Even the instruments were carefully selected – Dholak was the chosen one in place of tabla, Shehnai was used instead of clarinets to ensure the authenticity of the melodies.

Tune in to the epic mythological tale of Ramayan at 7.30 pm everyday only on StarPlus.
Old 05-18-2020, 02:13 PM

Talented actor Dipika Chikhlia recently took to her Instagram to recall one of the most memorable moments from the shoot of Ramayan

StarPlus, the country’s leading general entertainment channel has been enthralling audiences with the legendary show – Ramayan. The popular mythological show has successfully garnered record-breaking viewership even today due to its engaging and simple narrative which has earned a memorable place in audience’s minds. As it is rightly said that pictures speak a thousand words, they are one of the best ways to cherish beautiful memories. Likewise the talented actor Dipika Chiklia recently took to her Instagram to recall one of the most memorable moments from the shoot of Ramayan

Sharing a colorful picture, Dipika captioned the picture stating "It's that one step and that one day that changes who you are and your life.. one such walk... I walked as Dipika and at the end of the corridor I was Sita ji.. I was reborn."

Have a look at her post here:-

Well, that is indeed a fascinating throwback picture for Ramayan fans! Isn't it?

Tags
doordarshan, Life After, tv shows, tv stars

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->