Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums

White Lines Season 1, 2, 3 (Star Cast, Story, All Episodes, All Seasons)

Views: 256  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-25-2020, 01:22 PM

Default White Lines Season 1, 2, 3 (Star Cast, Story, All Episodes, All Seasons)

Story: A woman tries to solve the mysterious death of her brother, a famous DJ who disappeared from Ibiza many years ago.

Facts:
  • Spain's Tabernas Desert (Desierto de Tabernas), captured early in the series, is the location that was often used by Italian director Sergio Leone for his spaghetti westerns.
  • Axel's lavish birthday party was filmed at the luxurious Villa Sa Fortalesa d'Albercutx, in Pollença (Mallorca)
  • The series is the product the people responsible for the popular The Crown (2016) and Money Heist (2017).
  • Laurence Fox and Angela Griffin previously worked together on Lewis (2006-2015)
  • Laura Haddock and Barry Ward previously worked together on The Capture (2019).
Wiki Review
I didn't really know what to expect from White Lines considering all the mixed reviews but the more I actually read some of the reviews the more I noticed all the low scores were from the same two type of people. The first are the people who rate everything a 1 or 2, click on their reviews and you'll see that 90% of their reviews are negative. Some say they only watched 10mins but based an entire series based off the first 10min of the first show! The others are bots from competing streaming services that rate everything Netflix does low regardless if it's good or bad. You can tell those by the things they say like "Netflix makes another terrible show," even though Netflix has had more Oscar, Golden Globe, Emmy, etc award nominations than any other company on the planet! I do have to say that the first episode wasn't that good and I almost gave up but I stuck with it and glad I did because it got a lot better!

Negative Reviews:
  1. Terrible acting, especially by Laura Haddock, probably only trumped by the appalling character development and direction. Halfway through Episode 5 I couldn't take any more and gave up, realising that I couldn't care less who ****ed Axel Collins!
  2. All characters are pretty silly and not relatable but you.ll just wana slap the protagonist every time she opens her mouth or does whatever... I guess she.s just supposed to be annoying Also aparently no one speaks catalan in ibiza?

Positive Reviews
When I was a young boy, I'd live in a small village, and my world was humble religious, and traditional. My desire was to fly out! I an explosive soul and want to enjoy tropical parties, Islands, and lovely parties. When I was in my 20's I visit coast places and many clubs to celebrate life. The colors, the sun, women, cars, it was perfect to be there.

Despite the Headedges, Drugs, Unfair people, and mostly the places were not the paradise I'd expected to be. What does it matter? I was there, and I joined it. When you look back in were my glory days for that period.

Now, I'm 34 years old, and now I bring my kids to school. Lovely as it is near the village where I grow up.

Back to the series. I recognize the same story as mine. Characters have kids, are young, but not that young anymore as they were in their glory days. They attempted to keep the life they live, sometimes desperately.

This is another dimension in the story that the series tries to tell. It is melancholic sometimes. A combination of the beautiful images of the island Ibiza and the music is gorgeous to see.

When you vote it 1 or 2 stars, that is unfair. You are just too young or haven't seen anything of the party-lifestyle nowhere.

My compliments for the director and the cast!
A highly unlikeable main character. A terrible plot. This isn't worth your time or effort.

Old 05-25-2020, 01:26 PM

Laura Haddock was born on August 21, 1985 in England. She is an actress, known for Guardians of the Galaxy (2014), Transformers: The Last Knight (2017) and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017). She was previously married to Sam Claflin.

Unknown Facts

• Graduate of the Arts Educational School, Chiswick, London.
  • (July 30, 2013) Married her boyfriend of 2 years Sam Claflin.
  • Mother, with her now ex-husband Sam Claflin, of son Pip Claflin (b. December 10, 2015) and daughter Margot Claflin (b. February 2018).
  • She has played two different roles in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, an autograph seeker in Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) and Meredith Quill in the Guardians of the Galaxy films.
  • Left school at the age of 17 and moved to London to study drama.
  • Met husband-to-be Sam Claflin when both auditioned unsuccessfully for roles in My Week with Marilyn (2011). Laura was after the part of Marilyn that went to Michelle Williams and Sam lost the Colin Clarke role to Eddie Redmayne.
  • (August 19, 2019) Anounced her separation from husband of 6 years Sam Claflin.
Old 05-25-2020, 01:30 PM

Nuno Lopes was born on May 6, 1978 in Lisbon, Portugal as Nuno Miguel Pereira Lopes. He is an actor, known for Lines of Wellington (2012), Saint George (2016) and Goodnight Irene (2008).

A charismatic and multi-lingual actress, Marta Milans has appeared across all genres in television, film and theater. Milans stars in the Spanish TV Series "The Pier" from the internationally acclaimed and Emmy award winner producer Álex Pina (creator of the smash hit series Money Heist on Netflix). The series premiered at MipCom in Cannes and will air on HBO in Europe. She also appeared in the highly anticipated Warner Bros/DC film Shazam! (2019), which was released in April 2019. She portrayed Rosa Vasquez, the foster mother of Billy/Shazam and his friends.

Born and raised in Madrid, Milans fulfilled her dream of living in New York and studying theater, when she graduated from NYU with a double major in Acting and Art History. Since then, she has been fighting to make room for herself in Hollywood, slowly but steadily. She started working Off-Broadway in New York City and eventually landed roles in TV shows like "Law & Order: SVU."

In film, Milans has starred opposite Ron Perlman in the thriller "Asher" and in Steve McQueen's "Shame" alongside Michael Fassbender. She also starred in the short film "Strangers," for which she won the "Drama Award" at the Santa Monica Film Festival. She has also appeared in "The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby" and "Devoured," the latter for which she received two Best Actress Awards both in Molins International Film Festival, in Barcelona and also in the New York Horror Film Festival. The drama was executive produced by Sofia Vergara.

Her television credits also include HBO's "Wizard of Lies," "High Maintenance," The CW's "No Tomorrow," and NBC's "The Mysteries of Laura." On stage, Milans starred in Tanya Saracho's Mala Hierba at Second Stage Theatre, earning rave reviews. In October 2013, Milans became one of the leads, character Becca Parker, in the TV show ****er Women, which aired in 2014 on ABC. (Produced by Martin Campbell, Disney Studios, Ben Silverman and Sofia Vergara. It also stars Tricia Helfer, Michael Trucco, Marc Blucas and Alex Fernandez).

Milans spends her time across Spain, New York and Los Angeles. She is a multilingual actress (she is fluent in almost 7 languages; she's trying to learn Russian). Milans has developed her career in her native Spain as well, being featured in lead roles for both feature films and television , such as The Blue Skin, directed by internationally renowned Gonzalo Lopez Gallego and a series lead for the TV series The Brave Ones (Valientes).

In addition to acting, Milans has been busy establishing the sales of her family's Organic Goat Cheese from Spain in the United States. Santa Gadea Organic Goat Cheese just launched at Wholefoods this fall. Milans serves as spokesperson and Vice President of the company.

She is actively involved with Art of Elysium a non-profit organization that focuses on bringing art to sick & developmentally challenged children both in Los Angeles and New York City. She is an accomplished yogi, lover of sports and travel, and of course theater and film.

Daniel Alan Mays (born 31 March 1978) is an English actor.

Born the third of four boys, Mays was brought up in Buckhurst Hill, Es***, by his electrician father and bank cashier mother. He attended the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts before going on to win a place at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art.

After graduating from RADA in 2000, Mays soon started appearing in a number of supporting roles ranging from a bit part in the BBC soap opera EastEnders in 2000 to playing a pilot in Jerry Bruckheimer's big-budget Pearl Harbor (2001). He was cast in the Mike Leigh film All or Nothing (2002) as Jason, a thug who abused his girlfriend, and also appeared in Leigh's next project, Vera Drake (2004), in which he played Sid, the protagonist's son. His performances for Leigh resulted in further offers of work.

One of Mays's most notable early roles was in the improvised BBC drama Rehab. Directed by acclaimed film maker Antonia Bird, Rehab was a drama about life inside a drug rehabilitation facility. He starred as Adam, a young heroin addict released from prison and sent directly to rehab. For his performance Mays was awarded the Best Actor award at the Palmare-Reims Television Festival in 2003.

Mays has continued to work regularly, and has appeared in a variety of productions, which have included a part in Johnny Vaughan's sitcom, Top Buzzer (2004); the lead role of Carter Krantz in BBC Three's Funland (2005); as well as film appearances in Atonement (2007), White Girl (2008) and The Bank Job (2008).

May starred in a television film Half Broken Things (2007) alongside Penelope Wilton.

Mays starred in Channel 4's Friday-night comedy-of-errors sitcom Plus One, in which he played Rob Black, the perennial victim of Sod's law whose girlfriend has dumped him to marry "Duncan from Blue". He played the role of Michael Myshkin in Channel 4's adaptation of David Peace's Red Riding trilogy. He also appears in the third and final series of Ashes to Ashes on BBC1 as Discipline and Complaints Officer, DCI Jim Keats (who is actually the devil disguised as a police officer).

In addition to his TV and film work, Mays has also starred in six stage plays at London's Royal Court Theatre. The productions have included Ladybird, Motortown, The Winterling and Scarborough. Simon Stephens wrote the lead role of Danny in Motortown with Mays in mind. He went on to win critical acclaim for his performance, but the hard-hitting play was too much for some audience members and walkouts were not uncommon.

Projects in 2009 included Hippie Hippie Shake (as '60s alternative figurehead David Widgery, alongside Cillian Murphy and Sienna Miller); a role opposite Anna Friel in the third series of Jimmy McGovern's The Street; a "mark" in the BBC drama serial Hustle; as well as an appearance in the independent British film Shifty, co-starring Riz Ahmed, for which he received a nomination for best supporting actor at the British Independent Film Awards.

Mays starred as Eddie O'Grady in the 2010 film Made in Dagenham. In the same year, he played DCI Jim Keats in the third series of "Ashes to Ashes", in which he portrayed a character that was the antagonist of Philip Glenister's Gene Hunt.

Mays appears in the BBC sci-fi series Outcasts, which started on 7 February 2011, as PAS Officer Cass Cromwell, and in the ninth episode of the 6th series of Doctor Who, titled "Night Terrors," broadcast on BBC One on 3 September 2011.

He had roles in No One Gets Off in This Town and a supporting role in the Steven Spielberg film The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn. However the latest part he has played was a criminal on a curfew after serving a 10-year sentence for the ****** of his girlfriend when he was 19 in the programme Public Enemies, which aired on BBC One in early January 2012. He played Ronnie Biggs in a 5-part drama called Mrs Biggs alongside Sheridan Smith.

For much of the latter half of 2013, Mays performed on stage. Performing in Nick Payne's The Same Deep Water As Me at the Donmar Warehouse alongside Nigel Lindsay and in the first major revival of Jez ****erworth's debut play, Mojo at the Harold Pinter Theatre. He starred alongside Ben Whishaw, Brendan Coyle, Rupert Grint and Colin Morgan.

Mays starred in Series 3 of BBC drama Line of Duty as Sergeant Danny Waldron, an armed response officer whose troubled and abusive childhood comes under investigation following his death in episode one as part of wider investigation of police corruption throughout the serial.

From 29 March - 14 May 2016 Mays played the part of Aston in Harold Pinter's play The Caretaker directed by Matthew Warchus at The Old Vic Theatre in London opposite Timothy Spall and George MacKay.

Mays portrayed Tivik in the film Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.

On 11 April 2017 Daniel Mays was nominated for a BAFTA Television Award for Supporting Actor for his role in Line of Duty series 3.

Juan Diego Botto was born on August 29, 1975 in Buenos Aires City, Distrito Federal, Argentina as Juan Diego Botto Rota. He is an actor, known for La Celestina (1996), 1492: Conquest of Paradise (1992) and ¡Hay motivo! (2004). He has been married to Olga Rodriguez since 2015. They have one child.

Pedro Casablanc was born on April 17, 1963 in Casablanca, Morocco. He is an actor and director, known for Policías, en el corazón de la calle (2000), B (2015) and Isabel (2011).

Belén López was born on March 28, 1970 in Seville, Seville, Andalucía, Spain. She is an actress, known for 15 Years and One Day (2013), Holmes & Watson. Madrid Days (2012) and Take Me Somewhere Else (2004)

Singled out as a Screen international Star of tomorrow 2012, Tom's film debut came at college in Hunky Dory with Minnie Driver. He has since starred in The History Boys at The Sheffield Crucible, Torch Song Trilogy at The Menier Chocolate Factory and in 2014 made his West End debut in Jez ****erworth's MOJO with Ben Whishaw, Daniel Mays and Rupert Grint at The Harold Pinter Theatre soon after Tom starred as the lead in Polly Stenhams brilliant new play Hotel at the National Theatre

Angela Griffin was born on July 19, 1976 in Cottingley, Leeds, Yorkshire, England. She is an actress, known for Coronation Street (1960), Waterloo Road (2006) and Cutting It (2002). She has been married to Jason Milligan since July 27, 2006. They have two children

Francis Magee was raised in Ireland and on the Isle of Man. He spent eight years as a fisherman before becoming an actor and has also been a member of several music groups including Namoza - who released four singles and an album - and Disco D'Oro. He studied acting at the Poor School at London's Kings Cross and made his television debut as Liam Taylor in 'East Enders', a role he played on and off for two years. Since then he has been a regular face in many television series, notably 'No Angels' and 'City of Vice'.
Old 05-25-2020, 01:33 PM

With a name meaning Bright Headed in Gaelic Ceallach - pronounced Kellak - Spellman's youthful looks ensured him the role of a fifteen year old schoolboy 'Matthew Williams' in the 2016 return of TV drama 'Cold Feet', even though he was actually twenty-one, born on 31st August 1995 to a family of Irish descent in Salford. Cel attended St Bede's Catholic college in Manchester but already by the age of seven he had began his career and trodden the boards at Manchester Palace theatre playing 'Chip' in 'Beauty and the Beast' and at the age of 11 went to London to the Sylvia Young Theatre school. Cel began on television as a child actor, in 'Blue ******', where he went on to appear in 5 series, 'Holby City', 'The Cup', ITV's 'Homefront' and in 2010 appearing as a schoolboy in 2 series of BBC TV's BAFTA award winning 'Waterloo Road'. In 2015 he joined the cast of Russell T. Davies 'Cucumber' and the following year portrayed 'Matthew Williams' in Cold Feet, with series 8 set to come out in 2019. At the same time he began to carve out a substantial career as a presenter on BAFTA award winning 'Friday Download' and presenting a weekly pop chart show interviewing the likes of Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber. Cel currently presents his eponymous Sunday afternoon show for BBC Radio One. Away from acting Cel supports and works for WWF, UNICEF, is an ambassador for children's charity Once Upon a Smile and a president of The Young Peoples Trust for the Environment. Cel is also a proud and passionate Manchester City fan, unlike his 'Cold Feet' character Matthew, who supports the Reds.

Jonny Green is an actor, known for White Lines (2020), It's My Shout: Short Films from Wales (2016) and Boys (2020).

Jade Alleyne is an actress, known for The Lodge (2016), White Lines (2020) and Years and Years (2019)

RADA-trained Laurence Fox is the third son of the actor James Fox and his wife Mary. He is a rising British actor who has appeared in several important films, plays, and television programs. He comes from a theatrical family and promises to have an illustrious career ahead of him.

Made his debut at 13 years of age in Family, directed by Michael Winterbottom. The following year he appeared on stage for the first time in Buddleia as part of Dublin Theatre Festival before transferring to Donmar Warehouse in London's West End. He has since starred in 20 theatrical productions. Currently can be seen on Sky Atlantic as Sawyer in Britannia and as Barry in Save Me; and on Netflix as Gordon Close in feature film Maze, and as Leslie in End Of The F*^'ing World!

Javi Coll is an actor, known for Broken Embraces (2009), Sarasate, the King of the Violin (2016) and White Lines (2020).

Rafael Morais is best known for Doomed Love (2008) (Locarno International Film Festival's official selection), How to Draw a Perfect Circle (2009) (Winner of the Special Jury Prize for Ensemble Acting at the Rio de Janeiro International Film Festival), Blood of My Blood (2011) (Portuguese entry for the 85th Academy Awards and the official selection for festivals such as TIFF, Palm Springs International Film Festival, AFI Fest, Berlin Film Festival, and many others).

Morais was nominated two years in a row for a Best Actor Award at the Golden Globes Portugal (2011/2012) and he received the L'Oreal Actor Revelation Award at Leffest (2010).

Tags
english tv shows, netflix white lines on screen, White Lines, white lines book, white lines cast, white lines cast 2020, white lines film, white lines netflix rating, white lines netflix rotten tomatoes, white lines netflix uk release date, white lines release date, white lines review, white lines rotten tomatoes, white lines wiki

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: