Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Tech Gadgets Forum

OnePlus 9R 5G (Carbon Black, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Additional upto INR3000 off on Exchange)

Views: 86  
Old 09-04-2021, 06:07 PM

Default OnePlus 9R 5G (Carbon Black, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Additional upto INR3000 off on Exchange)

OnePlus 9R 5G (Carbon Black, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Additional upto INR3000 off on Exchange)

About this item:

• Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 5G with upgraded Qualcomm Kryo 585 CPU that performs intense mobile computing at up to 3.2 GHz and also comes with an ultra-fast Qualcomm Adreno 650 GPU for superb on-device experiences
  • Loaded with Quad rear camera module that features a 48 MP Main camera, 16 MP Ultra Wide angle Camera, 5 MP Macro camera and a 2 MP Monochrome camera. The device also comes with a 16 MP front Camera
  • 6.55 Inches Fluid AMOLED display with 120 Hz of Refresh rate
  • A Powerful 4500 mAh with 65 Watt Warp charging capability
  • Oxygen OS based on Andriod 11
  • Hands-Free access to Alexa: Alexa on your phone lets you make phone calls, open apps, control smart home devices, access the library of Alexa s****s, and more using just your voice while on-the-go. Download the Alexa app and complete hands-free setup to get started. Just ask - and Alexa will respond instantly
Positives:
  • This phone is basically an 8T but with a Snapdragon 870, at a lower cost, but that doesnt mean they skimped on quality.
  • So far from 1 day of use, this phone has been incredibly snappy and intuitive. Switching over from a Galaxy Note 8 was a piece of cake, although it took a good few hours to transfer the data.
  • Charging is really quick as you would expect from a 65W WarpCharger.
  • Camera quality is satisfactory in Auto mode, and gets better in Pro Mode with manual control.
  • Speakers are loud and clear, and there is enough stereo seperation that it doesnt feel too unbalanced.
  • Screen gets really bright and colours are accurate, haven't run into any rainbowing, Black Crush or Purple tinting issues. The 120Hz refresh rate also adds to the snappiness feel of the phone.
  • Gaming is really enjoyable, especially those game that take advantage of the features like haptic feedback in COD Mobile. Speaking of which, the haptic motor (vibration) feels super crisp and tight, giving it a premium experience.
  • I had gone for the Carbon Black, and the matte finish on the back glass is exactly what I had hoped for, and the matte finish also has an advantage of repelling fingerprints.
  • So far the phone has been awesome, and I recommend it 10/10.
  • Will update this review if I notice anything off
Negatives:
  • First of all, it is hearing every time I use camera and play games. And picture quality is much below average. I previously owned Oneplus7 T and I had to sell that in order to buy this one. It was a wrong decision. The sensor is so bad and whenever I click a photo it is never detailed but only superfluous. I am disappointed.
  • I just switched from OP6. Unlike when I brought the OP6, when I had zero complaints. I'm having many issues with the OP9R from day one.
    Things to note:
    1. The display has some major issues, there's an off-axis pinkish tint to whites and grays, which is quite annoying, and almost all the devices seem to affected with this as per OnePlus forums.
    2. The Camera are just mediocre, and I find the OP9 Camera much better than this. Even though OP9 lacks OIS, it almost always catches better pics and has better focus and stabilization in videos. Like MKBHD said, the Macro and Monochrome sensors are just garbage.
    3. The whole of the phone, particularly the backplate vibrates on playing sounds, it's pretty annoying and makes the phone feel cheap.
    Good stuff:
    1. Warp Charging is unbelievably fast.
    2. Other than the off-axis color shift, it's a great display.
    3. The phone is very snappy, added to the 120Hz display gives it a very confident smoothness.
  • Overall: I think OnePlus put very little effort to this phone, as if they made it just to satisfy the Indian customers to complement the OnePlus 9 series. Their quality control seems to be quite bad, as OnePlus forums is full with issues with this device. I have a very unpopular suggestion, buy the OnePlus 9, it's only 7K more (SBI Credit Card). You get a newer and efficient Chipset, a substantially better camera. Having OIS gives no seeming advantage to OnePlus 9.

Tags
cells

Latest News in Tech Gadgets Forum

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: